AR AR - Kevin Ives, 17, & Don Henry, 16, Bryant, 22 Aug 1987

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Despite a FBI investigation and tons of press, this case has never been resolved. The boys were out hunting and turned up dead on train tracks.

http://users.rcn.com/virtual.nai/sot/arkncide.htm

A lot has been written about the two boys, Don Henry and Kevin Ives. The deaths were big news in Arkansas and still are the subject of an ongoing FBI investigation after all these years.

A northbound train was blazing along through the night full bore when the engineer spotted the bodies of two boys laying across the tracks. The train was not able to stop. The two deaths were reported as a double suicide even though the boys were happy, healthy and had never mentioned suicide before to anyone who knew them. Suicide was changed to accidental death by infamous Arkansas State Medical Examiner Dr. Fahmy Malak.
The second autopsy showed that Kevin's skull had been crushed and that his friend Don had been stabbed in the back hours before the train ran over their bodies. A second grand jury concluded that both boys were obviously murdered and that their deaths were tied to the drug traffic in Saline County, Arkansas.

Days after the area had supposedly been scoured for evidence relatives found one of the boys' feet and some gold chains that the police didn't find. Dr. Malak's autopsy report didn't even mention that one of the boys had a foot missing. Much of the evidence surrounding the case wound up missing also, including crime scene photos.

Dr. Malak's rulings on mysterious deaths in Arkansas have come under close scrutiny many times. In May of 1992 the Los Angeles Times ran a cover story on Malak's incompetence as a medical examiner. The Times cited over 20 other cases that were grossly bungled. A 20/20 television special also covered the story.

Some of Malak's well known rulings include the 1985 murder of Raymond Albright who was shot 5 times with a Colt .45, which Malak ruled a suicide. In the case of James Milam, who was decapitated, Malak had ruled that the victim died of natural causes!

Thats unbeliveable. Decapitation ruled as natural causes? I've never heard of anyone anywhere whos head just fell off as if it were a part of life and happened to people everyday.

This story disgusted and angered me. I am so tired of seeing stories like this. <modsnip> I hope someday soon we can find out what really happened and Don and kevin will get their justice.

2sisters said:
Thats unbeliveable. Decapitation ruled as natural causes? I've never heard of anyone anywhere whos head just fell off as if it were a part of life and happened to people everyday.

This story disgusted and angered me. I am so tired of seeing stories like this. <modsnip> I hope someday soon we can find out what really happened and Don and kevin will get their justice.

There was a documentary made about this case and a book. It blows my mind that two young boys are dead and their families never received justice.

Justice for Ives/Henry. Any new news on the case. I've been looking on line and can't seem to find anything.

Kevin Ives' mother tries to keep an investigation going despite the case being prematurely closed and nobody wanting to cooperate/talk:

http://www.idfiles.com/

I've always thought, given the extent of the "bigger picture" these murders are a part of, that there probably won't be any real answers until everyone who was involved is dead.

I grew up in Little Rock (20 minutes from Bryant) and now I live in Benton, which is right next to Bryant (10+ years). I was the same age as Don and Kevin when they were murdered. As a teenager at that time it was very scary to think there was a mystery killer lurking around who was capable of such a brutal murder.

The ME back then had a HORRIBLE reputation in Arkansas, especially Little Rock, for countless cases that he had completely bungled. A personal friend of mine as an adult was years earlier (before we knew each other) the Pulaski county corner and was himself in jeopardy of criminal charges being brought against him because of one of Malak's ridiculous mistakes. When I was a teenager everyone in Little Rock knew where Malak lived and his home was regularly TPed, egged, and shaving creamed.

It was always believed that these murders had to do with drugs in one way or another. Malak first said they committed suicide and then said they smoked so much marijuana that they passed out on the tracks. But when it was discovered it was physically impossible for that to happen because of the number of joints they would have had to smoke (20-30 each), the results were called into question and the murders were finally classified appropriately.

I personally know quite a few people who refuse to talk about this case. They claim they know who really committed the murders or is behind them and refuse to say who it is. If you hear that once or twice it's easy to dismiss, but when you hear it a dozen or more times you start to take it more seriously. I've always believed and still believe this has to do with drugs, but I sadly don't think the case will ever be solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone guide me to the documentary name? Tia.

Can someone guide me to the documentary name? Tia.

There are several - most of which can be seen on YouTube (namely Murder On The Tracks). There is another one called Obstruction of Justice and an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

There is a podcast called True Crime Garage that just did a 4 parter on this one, it was GREAT. If you like TC at all, please take a listen. I had seen this case on Unsolved Mysteries but there is so so so so so much more. I will have to look for the documentary. I can't believe the medical examiner. Decapitated guy died of natural causes (ulcer, I better watch my head, I have chronic ulcers), and also claimed something like the dog had eaten his head and then when asked why it was found it was because the dog regurgitated it. I know I have a morbid sense of humor but I literally LOL'd in the grocery store when he said that. In addition to Albrech listed above, another guy was shot in the face 3 times with a shotgun and ruled suicide, and many more. Fair warning you have to not be sensitive to some really gory stuff and some swear words (and lots of anti-Clinton sentiments, many people believe this goes up to Clinton who was governor at the time, who defended Malak and his incompetence by saying he was overworked and underpaid resulting in his getting a 40% raise after all these "errors") but it's definitely worth a listen if you aren't too sensitive. Very intriguing case indeed.

I agree Henry and Ives deaths were something to do with drugs, there was lots of suspicious activity, and think there have been too many mysterious deaths what we're not ever gonna get more details on since this was before the internet, and those who are still around (there are at least 10 people involved who died mysterious deaths) will not talk, people have been threatened, one had 3 men with clown masks break into his house. I don't know about the Clinton connection that some people like to go off on, he may be on the peripheral of it because he was the governor, he knew people who were involved or knew people who knew people he was never more than once or twice removed.

There is a podcast called True Crime Garage that just did a 4 parter on this one, it was GREAT. If you like TC at all, please take a listen. I had seen this case on Unsolved Mysteries but there is so so so so so much more. I will have to look for the documentary. I can't believe the medical examiner. Decapitated guy died of natural causes (ulcer, I better watch my head, I have chronic ulcers), and also claimed something like the dog had eaten his head and then when asked why it was found it was because the dog regurgitated it. I know I have a morbid sense of humor but I literally LOL'd in the grocery store when he said that. In addition to Albrech listed above, another guy was shot in the face 3 times with a shotgun and ruled suicide, and many more. Fair warning you have to not be sensitive to some really gory stuff and some swear words (and lots of anti-Clinton sentiments, many people believe this goes up to Clinton who was governor at the time, who defended Malak and his incompetence by saying he was overworked and underpaid resulting in his getting a 40% raise after all these "errors") but it's definitely worth a listen if you aren't too sensitive. Very intriguing case indeed.

I agree Henry and Ives deaths were something to do with drugs, there was lots of suspicious activity, and think there have been too many mysterious deaths what we're not ever gonna get more details on since this was before the internet, and those who are still around (there are at least 10 people involved who died mysterious deaths) will not talk, people have been threatened, one had 3 men with clown masks break into his house. I don't know about the Clinton connection that some people like to go off on, he may be on the peripheral of it because he was the governor, he knew people who were involved or knew people who knew people he was never more than once or twice removed.

I'll definitely take the time to watch that. Thanks for posting it. The ME we had back (Malak) was an idiot. He was the butt of a LOT of jokes in Arkansas back then. When I was in high school a lot of the teenagers in Little Rock knew where he lived and rolled his house so much that he cut down the tree in his front yard - it didn't help that he lived across the street from one of the high schools in Little Rock.

He really is a horrible man. He nearly got the Pulaski county deputy coroner prosecuted for murder because he misread a medical chart - a man I ended up being friends with later in life because our daughters were on the same cheer team. When Malak finally resigned as ME he first went to work at the Arkansas health department and then tried to get a job as the chief ME in Guam, but was surrounded by scandal again for having false information on his resume and failing to disclose information about the 13 high profile cases of his that were disputed. I'm sure there were more, but these were the most serious cases. I've attached an article of you're interested in reading about his gross negligence.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/malak_la.html

This case infuriates me. It screams corruption and cover up and these two families need some justice. Period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back