Church: Pastor Rick Warren's son commits suicide

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2013/apr/06/church-pastor-rick-warrens-son-commits-suicide/

LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - The Southern California church headed by popular evangelical Pastor Rick Warren said his 27-year-old son committed suicide on Saturday.

Warren's Saddleback Valley Community Church near Los Angeles said in a statement that Matthew Warren had struggled with mental illness and deep depression.........

Warren, the author of the multimillion-selling book "The Purpose Driven Life," said in an email to church staff that he and his wife had enjoyed a fun Friday evening with their son. But Matthew Warren took his life Saturday after "a momentary wave of despair at his home."

Over the years, Matthew Warren had been treated by America's best doctors, medication, counselors and prayers for healing, Warren said.

More at link......

Sympathies to the family, friends and church....

This makes me so sad. Rick Warren has helped so many people and it must be so sad for him that he couldn't help his own son to prevent this. I am sure he did all he could. It can happen in any family. Parents can help, but they can't fight their children's battles for them.

I was shocked to see this. We read Rick Warren's book at our church and studied it. Our pastor was invited to visit Rick Warren and go to one of his conferences in CA with most expenses paid and he went and enjoyed it. I didn't even know that his son had mental illness. This is very sad.

Condolences to Rich Warren and his family.

Rick Warren: Son used unregistered gun in suicide

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ULT&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TUSTIN, Calif. (AP) -- Pastor Rick Warren said his son killed himself with an unregistered gun he purchased through the Internet.

Warren sent a tweet Thursday saying he forgives whoever sold the weapon to his 27-year-old son Matthew, who committed suicide last Friday.

The Orange County Sheriff's Department is trying to find the seller but it won't be easy. The gun's serial number was scratched off, making it impossible to trace, spokesman Jim Amormino said.........more............

He has attempted suicide before, and would have tried differently without a gun. It's tragic all around.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back