GUILTY ID - Joseph Graham, 22 mos, beaten to death, Mountain Home, 13 March 2013

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
A Mountain Home airman has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 22-month-old stepson.

This is not the first time he’s accused of hurting the boy.

--------------------------

Court documents from 2012 show Laubach has a history of abuse.
He was charged with injury to a child and battery, accused of beating his wife and stepson.

In December those charges were dismissed
after Laubach took an anger management course, a parenting course, safety seminar, a parenting support program and participated in two martial counseling sessions.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/Mountain-Home-airman-charged-with-stepsons-murder-198174041.html

jwg2.jpg

Richard Ryan Laubach is charged with first degree murder charge after Elmore County prosecutors say he is responsible for fatal injuries suffered by his 22-month-old stepson earlier this week — including a broken leg and a fractured skull.

Prosecutors also say the death of Joseph Graham Wednesday isn’t the first time Richard Ryan Laubach hurt his stepson.

Mountain Home police cited Laubach in September on a misdemeanor charges of domestic battery and injury to child.

The child victim in that case was Joseph Wayne Graham, prosecutors say.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/...me-murder-suspect-arrested.html#storylink=cpy

jwgd.jpg

Those charges were dropped by Mountain Home City Prosecutor Phillip Miller in December after Miller said Laubach provided proof he completed an anger management program, a parenting program, a family safety seminar, and two sessions of marital counseling, according to court records.

-----------------

In addition to the broken bones,
Joseph Graham also had significant bruising on his body and brain swelling, according to Ada County prosecutor reports.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/...l-fund-set-up-for-mountain.html#storylink=cpy

jwg3.jpg

I am trying to muster up sympathy but I'm having a HARD time doing it.

If you take back a man who beats you... I'll stomach it.
If you take back a man who gets arrested, whatever.
If you take back a man who cheats on you, that's your choice.

Taking back a man who beat you AND already beat your baby???
Was already charged with both?
Was not the biological father of that abused child, so there would be no custody battle?
Now THAT I'm struggling with. :what:

Honestly, I can only think that it was because she was pregnant, so she wanted it to work out...
Joey has a little brother who was born right after he died.
I'm grateful that at least he will not be abused by this man and hopefully not by anyone else.
:please:

I am also wondering whether Joey's father was aware of the previous charges...
If he was, I wonder whether he tried to fight for custody?

I would like to know if anyone else dropped the ball... can we please learn from these cases? :please:

Sadly, the ones who need to learn are the same ones who chose those risky partners in the first place. There will always be tiny helpless little victims when an adult has no moral conscience in allowing an abusive partner anywhere near a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back