1133 users online (274 members and 859 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Margaret Thatcher dies of stroke aged 87

Margaret Thatcher dies of stroke aged 87
    Baroness Thatcher, Britain's greatest post-war prime minister, has died at the age of 87 after suffering a stroke, her family has announced.

By Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford
    12:57PM BST 08 Apr 2013

Her son, Sir Mark, and daughter Carol confirmed that she died this morning.

Lord Bell, her spokesman, said: "It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning. A further statement will be made later."

Known as the Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher governed Britain from 1979 to 1990.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...e-aged-87.html
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

"She developed abrasiveness into an art form. She despised consensus." - Hugo Young's words in the Guardian tell me all I need to know about this woman.

Guardian coverage: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...r-dies-aged-87

Five songs about Margaret Thatcher (Guardian)

RIP Iron Lady, one of the greats.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Yes, the Christian thing to do is to show respect for the dead, communicating it via a homily about how Margaret Thatcher showed disrespect for the living.

Obituaries:

Guardian

Telegraph

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, the Christian thing to do is to show respect for the dead, communicating it via a parable about how Margaret Thatcher showed disrespect for the living.

Obituaries:

Guardian

Telegraph
    I loved growing up in the Reagan-Thatcher era, she was a fabulous example.

RIP Iron Lady!

Lady Thatcher is beyond celebrity or entertainment, this was moved to the wrong forum IMO.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Lady Thatcher is beyond celebrity or entertainment, this was moved to the wrong forum IMO.

^^^^^^^^
    This, definitely. She was neither celebritiy nor entertainment.
    She DOES NOT BELONG HERE

BTW
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3-R97wDKs"]Thatcher: Tramp The Dirt Down - Elvis Costello - YouTube[/ame]
    England's dancing days are done...

I wonder if anyone will remember how she was a supporter of the South African apartheid government? And how she stonewalled peace in Northern Ireland for years...
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

One name: Pinochet.

Him too.

Remember Bobby Sands and the others dead in the hunger strike because of her.

I feel about as much sadness at her death as I did at Reagan's. I'll let you guess how much.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJDuchIBkQ"]The Beat - Whine and grine-Stand down Margaret.. - YouTube[/ame]
    England's dancing days are done...

another Costello protest song from the era, sung by the inimitable Robert Wyatt

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6T9qp9XbRY"]robert wyatt shipbuilding - YouTube[/ame]

In all the accolades for Thatcher that I've been reading today, I noticed something funny. All the social conservatives heaping praise on her never mention that she voted to decriminalize homosexuality and to legalize abortion.

I guess "pro-lifers" are willing to overlook that little detailif someone is willing to lower their taxes (at the expense of the working class and poor, I might add).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast