Boy, 4, Accidentally Kills Tenn. Deputy's Wife

They should not have had guns out with a toddler around.

Stupid to be showing a loaded gun to anybody. I don't understand how the four year old got it if he was showing it.

From the link: "Sheriff Robert Bryan says the weapon discharged, hitting 48-year-old Josephine Fanning."

Really? The weapon just discharged, all by its lonesome. I thought the NRA mantra was "guns don't kill people".… except in cases of accidental shootings, then it's the gun's fault for "discharging."

Stupid to be showing a loaded gun to anybody. I don't understand how the four year old got it if he was showing it.

The way I understood it, he was showing several weapons and they were laid out on the bed, and the 4 year old just picked one up. I don't understand if 3 adults were in the room, why didn't they notice the 4 year old come in?

Another article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...s-kills-tenn-deputys-wife-at-weekend-cookout/

The shooting took place Saturday evening inside the Lebanon home of Deputy Daniel Fanning. Authorities say the deputy and a male relative had been looking at firearms in a bedroom when the 4-year-old picked up a loaded gun on a bed and fired it once, hitting Josephine Fanning.

The 48-year-old wife -- the two had just married last year -- was pronounced dead on the scene. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation was called to investigate.

"He was actually showing another person that was there at the house some of his weapons he had locked in a secure gun safe," Sheriff Robert Bryan told CBS Nashville affiliate WTVF-TV.

The sheriff said no one saw Deputy Fanning's 4-year-old nephew walk into the room.............more at link........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back