NC NC - Frankie Darlene Horsley, 19, Fayetteville, 10 March 1983

ClaireNC

Reaction score
I recently learned that this is the cousin of a close friend and wanted to give her as much exposure as possible. The family is still looking for her.

Frankie Darlene Horsley
Namus entry: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/13860
Date last seen March 10, 1983 18:00
Age last seen 19 to 20 years old in Fayetteville, NC
Age now 48 years old
Race White
Sex Female
Height (inches) 62.0 to 63.0
Weight (pounds) 120.0 to 130.0
Brown hair and blue eyes

She left home to go to Drug Store for medicine for 18 month old child and never returned. Vehicle was found abandoned in South Carolina. Date last seen is 03/10/1983.

Listed on other missing person sites:
http://www.missingin.org/reg7059/frankie_darlene_horsley.htm

Not much more information available.

Anyone with any information Frankie Darlene Horsley please contact Cumberland County Sheriff Dept Det. Bean cold case files. She went by Darlene.

I read as often as I can the cases on The Charley Project. I am going in chronological order, and I noticed that Frankie went missing, then another woman (in her 50's, but petite with brown hair) named Elizabeth Hicks Rogers also went missing, an hour away in Raleigh, NC - 5 days later. I wonder if there was any connection between the two (serial killer, etc.)....?

I know this UID is across the other side of the country and it involves Gary Ridgeway but the likeness is interesting. I saw them side by side on the reveal tool and had to share it. There is very little information about Frankie. Her car turned up in South Carolina. The estimate is between 1982 and 1984 & was found in 1986. Anything could have happened to her including some sort of amnesia and she ended up on the other country. Just some thoughts. I do hope that Frankie is alive and well somewhere, that is a far better thought.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9929

Son of Frankie “Darlene” Horsley continues searching for mother 35 years after her disappearance

Roger Sealey’s life has been complicated since he was a baby. When Roger was 18 months old, his mother Frankie “Darlene” Horsley disappeared.

It was March 10, 1983. Roger was sick and had a fever. His mother, who was no longer with Roger’s father, headed to the store in her hometown of Fayetteville, North Carolina to get some medicine for her son. She never returned home, and she hasn’t been heard from since.

“She disappeared under highly suspicious circumstances,” Sgt. Bean told Dateline. He also said that because of now-outdated police technology and practices used at the time of Darlene’s disappearance, it has been difficult to work with the remaining evidence.

Bumping with NAMUS Pic:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13860/

Frankie Darlene Horsley – The Charley Project

Frankie Darlene Horsley
  • frankie_darlene_horsley_1.jpg
Horsley, circa 1983

• Missing Since03/10/1983
  • Missing FromFayetteville, North Carolina
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2 - 5'3, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Horsley was last seen in Fayetteville, North Carolina on March 10, 1983. She went to the pharmacy to get medicine for her baby son, who had a fever. She never returned and has never been heard from again.

A week later, Horsley's vehicle was found locked and abandoned in South Carolina, on Interstate 20 west near the 44 mile marker, headed in the direction of Georgia. Some of her clothes were inside the car, but the keys were missing.

At the time of her disappearance, Horsley was separated from her son's father. Her own mother had died in a car accident when she was young, and she was raised by her aunt and uncle. They subsequently adopted and raised her son as well. Horsley's disappearance is considered highly suspicious; her cousin stated she would have contacted the family if she could have. Her case remains unsolved.

Last seen (Fayetteville, NC), car located (Mile Marker 44, I-20 W in SC, Lexington County). Noting that Fayetteville is large Army base of Ft Bragg; Columbia (~ 30 miles from car location) is large Army base of Ft. Jackson.

upload_2022-3-11_8-42-2.png

Also noting, while I do not necessarily believe there is any connection, that another NC mother (Sandra Kay Randall Ross,) went missing after going to the pharmacy to get medicine for her sick child on January 8, 1984. She went missing from Apex, NC. Distance from Apex to Fayetteville is 41 miles.
Interesting, thanks for sharing

Frankie Darlene Horsley – The Charley Project

Frankie Darlene Horsley
  • frankie_darlene_horsley_1.jpg
Horsley, circa 1983

• Missing Since03/10/1983
  • Missing FromFayetteville, North Carolina
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2 - 5'3, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Horsley was last seen in Fayetteville, North Carolina on March 10, 1983. She went to the pharmacy to get medicine for her baby son, who had a fever. She never returned and has never been heard from again.

A week later, Horsley's vehicle was found locked and abandoned in South Carolina, on Interstate 20 west near the 44 mile marker, headed in the direction of Georgia. Some of her clothes were inside the car, but the keys were missing.

At the time of her disappearance, Horsley was separated from her son's father. Her own mother had died in a car accident when she was young, and she was raised by her aunt and uncle. They subsequently adopted and raised her son as well. Horsley's disappearance is considered highly suspicious; her cousin stated she would have contacted the family if she could have. Her case remains unsolved.
B28DDA91-44A5-414A-9651-883B6329B93A.jpeg

Fayetteville and fort Bragg are right there together, she may have Had a relationship with a soldier on base, which could be the father of her child, they had a disagreement about him leaving being transferred to fort Bennington in Georgia. He kills her Buriers her on base or takes her headed to Georgia and they have car trouble and he kills her where the car is found and hides her body near mile marker 74 and hitches a ride the rest of the way to Georgia. There are all kinds of possibilities.

Fayetteville and fort Bragg are right there together, she may have Had a relationship with a soldier on base, which could be the father of her child, they had a disagreement about him leaving being transferred to fort Bennington in Georgia. He kills her Buriers her on base or takes her headed to Georgia and they have car trouble and he kills her where the car is found and hides her body near mile marker 74 and hitches a ride the rest of the way to Georgia. There are all kinds of possibilities.

Her child was probably with Darlene’s mother while she went to the drug store.

An interesting theory. I can't find anything about the car's condition other than it was locked, no keys, and some of her clothes were in it. Was it out of gas or had mechanical issues? We don't know. The 2018 article about her son does suggest foul play.
Her child was probably with Darlene’s mother while she went to the drug store.
More likely with Darlene's aunt. It says upthread Darlene's aunt and uncle raised her after her mother was killed in an accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back