Found Deceased FL - Barbara Parchem, 67, St. Augustine, 6 April 2013 *POI*

DPR4444

Reaction score
Family seeks answers in woman's disappearance

67-year-old missing since Saturday morning

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Family...664940/-/format/rss_2.0/-/ph4uu5/-/index.html

"ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - The daughter of a missing St. Augustine woman is looking for answers in her mother's disappearance as investigators searched for the third day.

St. Johns County deputies say they are following new leads they hope will help them find 67-year-old Barbara Parchem. Her family reported her missing Saturday when she didn't show up for work.

Investigators don't suspect foul play.

Parchem's car, wallet and credit cards were still at her house, and family members say she had been struggling personal and health issues.

Investigators have been going door to door in Parchem's neighborhood passing out flyers, hoping someone has information. Her family is hoping answers come soon.

"We're frustrated, we're aggravated, we're scared, we're in dire need of some kind of information, some kind of hope," said Lilly Ann Chavez, Parchem's daughter. "We want the best. We want her to be sitting somewhere off enjoying herself and just not ready to come back yet. That's what were hoping for."

Chavez admits her mother had been going though a lot. She'd been battling cancer, and her husband, who she'd known since she was 13, died recently.

But as the search goes on, Chavez still doesn't believe her mother would hurt herself or just leave.

"If she was feeling any kind of suicidal thing or needed to get away and not be bothered by any of it, she would at least tell one of us so that none of us would be having to go through any of this," Chavez said.

Investigators spent most of the day Monday as they have since Parchem went missing, searching the area near her home, where she was last seen.

"The last information we received was that a family member brought her home Friday night and dropped her off," said Sgt. Catherine Payne, of the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office. "Her vehicle was still at the residence, so the belief was that she possibly left the area on foot."

Investigators say the challenge now is determining the exact location where she went missing or if there is a secondary location. They're relying on the community and say the feedback has been instrumental in their search.

"So the community has not only responded to us with leads, but they've also taken it upon themselves to go out and post flyers trying to drum up any information about her whereabouts," Payne said.

Those at Parchem's workplace are also handing out flyers. Parchem has worked at a Village Inn for 25 years.

Sylvia Murrhee has been helping cover Parchem's section of the restaurant since Saturday, when she didn't show up for work.

"We just want her back here," Murrhee said.

Parchem, or "Lil' Barb's" section is now marked with signs, pictures and flowers, with a vow that no one will sit at the table until she gets back. Her coworkers say she's earned the spot.

"I mean, she would run circles around all of us," Murrhee said. "I mean, she was just bouncy, perky, you'd never know she was going through what she was going through."

Parchem was still working despite battling cancer and dealing with the loss of her husband. But despite those challenges, Murrhee says she doesn't believe her friend would hurt herself or just leave.

"She wouldn't. I know she wouldn't because she loved life too much she had to go on," Murrhee said. "She had family, she had us, and she ain't one to let nobody down."

That's why she and her coworkers are working to help investigators search for their most requested server. They've been passing out flyers at local businesses, putting up signs, all in the hope to see Parchem come back.

"If it was somebody else's grandmother, somebody else's employee, somebody else's sister, somebody else's mother, they would want all the involvement that the rest of the community could provide. And we want that, too," Village Inn manager Edward Pierce said.

"Just keep her face out there," Murrhee said. "Let everybody know that she is very special, that she's really missed a lot."

As investigators follow leads, Parchem's family hopes someone sees something.

"Just please keep an eye out and look, and if you even think you saw, do a double take," Chavez said.

Parchem is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall and 100 pounds, with brown eyes and short brown hair with blonde highlights. She was last seen wearing dark pants, a gray hoodie and a dark shirt.

Anyone who has seen seen Parchem is asked to call 911 or the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office at 904-824-8304."

Search continues for missing Vermont Heights woman

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2013-04-07

"St. Johns County deputies continued to search the 3000 block of Tenth Street in Vermont Heights and surrounding areas on Sunday for a 67-year-old woman, Barbara Parchem, who was reported missing Saturday morning after she failed to show up to work.

Parchem is believed to be in the area on foot.

“We’re using multiple resources and an abundance of caution right now,” said St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Catherine Payne on Sunday evening. “It’s now been more than 48 hours, and with each hour it becomes more of a concern.”

Those resources have included several deputies on foot and ATVs, as well as a helicopter.

Payne said the Jacksonville Fire Rescue was also assisting with the search by providing officers and search dogs on Sunday.

Parchem, 67, is white, stands 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 100 pounds. She has brown eyes and short brown hair with blonde highlights. She was last seen late Friday by family members, and was wearing dark pants, a gray hooded sweatshirt and a dark colored shirt.

“Miss Barbara, as she’s called by many people, is well-known throughout the community,” Payne said. “A lot of people are worried about her.”

Payne said the Sheriff’s Office does not suspect foul play, but “there is concern for her welfare, from some possible medical and/or mental issues mentioned in family statements.”

Parchem’s daughter, Lillyann Chavez, told First Coast News on Sunday that her mother’s disappearance didn’t make much sense.

“I don’t think she walked away. I think she got picked up,” Chavez said. “This is unusual beyond norm for her. There’s a puzzle and the middle piece of that puzzle is gone.”

Anyone who thinks they may have seen Parchem or has any information on her whereabouts is asked to call 911 or the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office at 824-8304."

http://staugustine.com/police-report/2013-04-08/police-reports-april-9-2013

"Search continues for missing women: St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Cmdr. Chuck Mulligan said Monday that deputies and other rescue personnel are continuing their search for missing Vermont Heights woman Barbara Parchem.

Mulligan said the search includes personnel on ATVs as well as in helicopters. He said there was no new information on Parchem’s whereabouts, and the Sheriff’s Office is still asking for help from the community. Anyone with pertinent information can call 824-8304.

Parchem is 67, white, is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 100 pounds. She has brown eyes and short brown hair with blonde highlights. She was last seen late Friday by family members and was wearing dark pants, a gray hooded sweatshirt and a dark-colored shirt."

I don't have a good feeling about this and I hope I'm wrong.

Years ago, my mom and I ate at the Village Inn there and I remember her. She didn't wait on us, but I remember how vivacious she was...I hope she comes home safe and SOON!

I am heading up to St Augustine today, so I will keep my eyes peeled for anything. Hope she comes home soon.

New lead could help deputies find missing woman

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ind-missing-woman/jHx0epRic0248SdzLXs0Zw.cspx

"........... Police say someone spotted Parchem's car, a red Nissan Pathfinder, on the afternoon of April 5, traveling from her house on 10th street in Elkton and heading northbound on Allen Road.

From there the SUV took County Road 214 and stopped at a horse farm on the southside of the road.

After making that stop, witnesses say her vehicle traveled west on CR 214 to County Road 13 near the St. Johns River.

It was then spotted heading back home traveling on CR 13 toward State Road 207.

Parchem's SUV has a heart in shoe polish on the passenger window on the left side of the car.

Police are asking for witnesses who may have seen Parchem's vehicle in these areas on Friday, April 5 between 12 p.m. and 8 a.m. Saturday, April 6."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...Texas-EquuSearch-to-look-for-missing-waitress

11:05 PM, Apr 29, 2013

Short article at link

130426042713_130414050712_58819_583795651644181_470156536_n.png

Miss Barbara, I hope they find you today.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/detect...man/-/475880/19952208/-/157a3vqz/-/index.html

While it will be up to the Medical Examiner to determine the identity of the remains, St. Johns County Undersheriff Joel Bolante said the manner of the condition of the body indicates it to be a victim of a homicide and clothing on the decomposing remains are similar to what Parchem was wearing when she was last seen on April 5.

"It would be reasonable to believe the remains are of Barbara Parchem," Bolante said.

He also said investigators have a person of interest in the case.

Doggone it. I'm glad they already have a POI though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back