1128 users online (178 members and 950 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Post watching the trial on an android phone? post your solutions here:

this thread is being started at the request of android phone users. Post your SOLUTIONS ONLY here. This is a *no discussion* thread

If you have a newer Android OS and don't have Flash you can download Photon Browser to stream from the web using Flash through that browser. There's a free and paid version.

You can also download the UStream app, then search for AZFamily and watch the live stream through there.

Thanks for adding this thread Nurse!!!
    Last edited by KPinMN; 04-09-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Adding Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KPinMN View Post
    If you have a newer Android OS and don't have Flash you can download Photon Browser to stream from the web using Flash through that browser. There's a free and paid version.

You can also download the UStream app, then search for AZFamily and watch the live stream through there.
    ustream app is the problem or at least one of them. The upstream is a problem and other streaming, none of them work! Can you verify that right now it is working for you! we all have been using that since the start of the trial! and more than 20 of us now it is not working as of yesterday!

Thank you for the input but they do not work. Does it for you?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The UStream app isn't working right now on the androids....

Couple of solutions....

Use the Chrome browser and go straight to www.azfamily.com and you can watch it (that's what I'm using right now), DO NOT download their mobile app, you can't watch live with it.

I've got the Dolphin browser on NPH's phone, for when I kill mine same thing go to AZfamily.com

And I've got the Opera Browser on my Kindle HD, but you have to go through some hoops to get it loaded. Opera also works on the new Ice Cream Sandwich OS for android.
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    The UStream app isn't working right now on the androids....

Couple of solutions....

Use the Chrome browser and go straight to www.azfamily.com and you can watch it (that's what I'm using right now), DO NOT download their mobile app, you can't watch live with it.

I've got the Dolphin browser on NPH's phone, for when I kill mine same thing go to AZfamily.com

And I've got the Opera Browser on my Kindle HD, but you have to go through some hoops to get it loaded. Opera also works on the new Ice Cream Sandwich OS for android.
    Chrome browser says it is not compatible with Samsung Galaxy phones.

Someone said on the other thread that wildabouttrial has an app in the google store. HTH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    ustream app is the problem or at least one of them. The upstream is a problem and other streaming, none of them work! Can you verify that right now it is working for you! we all have been using that since the start of the trial! and more than 20 of us now it is not working as of yesterday!

Thank you for the input but they do not work. Does it for you?

UStream didn't work for me yesterday afternoon. I went through Photon Browser then, but I assumed it was my phone since the AZFamily Live showed over 500 viewing but it wouldn't buffer for me. I'll check UStream when I leave work today (can't have the cell out in the office...rules ) and report back. I have one of the newest Andriod OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm thinking the only other solutions are the wild about trial app if the stream is working on it otherwise browsers that work in place of Flash.

Chrome browser says it is not compatible with Samsung Galaxy phones.

What about the Dolphin Browser or the Opera Browser?
    <Click on User CP>
    <Click on OKay>

Quote Originally Posted by KPinMN View Post
    UStream didn't work for me yesterday afternoon. I went through Photon Browser then, but I assumed it was my phone since the AZFamily Live showed over 500 viewing but it wouldn't buffer for me. I'll check UStream when I leave work today (can't have the cell out in the office...rules ) and report back. I have one of the newest Andriod OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm thinking the only other solutions are the wild about trial app if the stream is working on it otherwise browsers that work in place of Flash.
    I have done all of these ... no luck yet! It seems like there are about 20 or more of us that have this problem. let me know if it works for you. A lot of people may think they know the answer, but they are not using it and did not happen to them. I'm looking for people who have had this happen to them. They're trying to be helpful, but to do you stream and do Arizona trial is not helpful as we have been doing that for three months and now it does not work. the posters that are not affected do not understand, although they are trying to be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    What about the Dolphin Browser or the Opera Browser?
    Photon browser is compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I guess saying what kind of phone I was using in the first place might have been more helpful

Quote Originally Posted by newsjunkie View Post
    Someone said on the other thread that wildabouttrial has an app in the google store. HTH!!!
    Thank You, but that does not work either. this problem started for more than 20 of us on the threads that do ustream or other feeds and none of them work as of yesterday. although it has worked for us for 3 months previously.

I guess posting the phone would help wouldn't it? I'm on the LG Spirit with the New Andriod OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1.1

Ustream and Wild about trial are NOT working for me on my phone or NPH's phone or on My Kindle HD.

That's why I offered up a couple of other browsers, that are working for me.
    <Click on User CP>
    <Click on OKay>

I have done all of these ... no luck yet! It seems like there are about 20 or more of us that have this problem. let me know if it works for you. A lot of people may think they know the answer, but they are not using it and did not happen to them. I'm looking for people who have had this happen to them. They're trying to be helpful, but to do you stream and do Arizona trial is not helpful as we have been doing that for three months and now it does not work. the posters that are not affected do not understand, although they are trying to be helpful.

Okay tried UStream on my Samsung G3 running Andriod 4.1.1 (ICS) and it didn't work again today. It played the commericals but wouldn't play the live stream then said something like this channel is offline, which is what it did yesterday. I tried the Wild About Trial app from the Google Play store and it also didn't work for streaming. So then I went to my standby, Photon browser downloaded from the Google Play store, and streamed it using the flash mode in Photon on the AZFamily website. I've had trouble with the abc15 website as well as CNN using this browser, but the AZFamily live stream does seem to consistently work.

Who would have thought this would be such a headache with the all the technology we have, geesh

I gave up a long time ago trying to stream the trial on Samsung note II. I just watch it on youtube when somebody uploads it in the evenings. Most times I'm a day behind.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Add me to the list. Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.2 rooted on VZW. Ustream used to work but doesn't now. Ustream does work on my iPod Touch 4G, so I think it's just Android users who aren't able to connect.

WildAboutTrial does have an app but the streaming portion wasn't working today.

I downloaded the Photon browser but didn't get a chance to test it.

I typically use Opera Mini as my browser, but I've never gotten streaming flash to work on it. Ustream was my solution until now.

This is making me extremely cranky. When I don't have mastery over my technology it makes me crazy (and a bit obsessed). I will be researching this issue further.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast