watching the trial on an android phone? post your solutions here:

nursebeeme

Reaction score
this thread is being started at the request of android phone users. Post your SOLUTIONS ONLY here. This is a *no discussion* thread​

If you have a newer Android OS and don't have Flash you can download Photon Browser to stream from the web using Flash through that browser. There's a free and paid version.

You can also download the UStream app, then search for AZFamily and watch the live stream through there.

Thanks for adding this thread Nurse!!!

If you have a newer Android OS and don't have Flash you can download Photon Browser to stream from the web using Flash through that browser. There's a free and paid version.

You can also download the UStream app, then search for AZFamily and watch the live stream through there.

ustream app is the problem or at least one of them. The upstream is a problem and other streaming, none of them work! Can you verify that right now it is working for you! we all have been using that since the start of the trial! and more than 20 of us now it is not working as of yesterday!

Thank you for the input but they do not work. Does it for you?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The UStream app isn't working right now on the androids....

Couple of solutions....

Use the Chrome browser and go straight to www.azfamily.com and you can watch it (that's what I'm using right now), DO NOT download their mobile app, you can't watch live with it.

I've got the Dolphin browser on NPH's phone, for when I kill mine :D same thing go to AZfamily.com

And I've got the Opera Browser on my Kindle HD, but you have to go through some hoops to get it loaded. Opera also works on the new Ice Cream Sandwich OS for android.

The UStream app isn't working right now on the androids....

Couple of solutions....

Use the Chrome browser and go straight to www.azfamily.com and you can watch it (that's what I'm using right now), DO NOT download their mobile app, you can't watch live with it.

I've got the Dolphin browser on NPH's phone, for when I kill mine :D same thing go to AZfamily.com

And I've got the Opera Browser on my Kindle HD, but you have to go through some hoops to get it loaded. Opera also works on the new Ice Cream Sandwich OS for android.

Chrome browser says it is not compatible with Samsung Galaxy phones.

Someone said on the other thread that wildabouttrial has an app in the google store. HTH!!!

ustream app is the problem or at least one of them. The upstream is a problem and other streaming, none of them work! Can you verify that right now it is working for you! we all have been using that since the start of the trial! and more than 20 of us now it is not working as of yesterday!

Thank you for the input but they do not work. Does it for you?

UStream didn't work for me yesterday afternoon. I went through Photon Browser then, but I assumed it was my phone since the AZFamily Live showed over 500 viewing but it wouldn't buffer for me. I'll check UStream when I leave work today (can't have the cell out in the office...rules :anguish:) and report back. I have one of the newest Andriod OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm thinking the only other solutions are the wild about trial app if the stream is working on it otherwise browsers that work in place of Flash.

Chrome browser says it is not compatible with Samsung Galaxy phones.

What about the Dolphin Browser or the Opera Browser?

UStream didn't work for me yesterday afternoon. I went through Photon Browser then, but I assumed it was my phone since the AZFamily Live showed over 500 viewing but it wouldn't buffer for me. I'll check UStream when I leave work today (can't have the cell out in the office...rules :anguish:) and report back. I have one of the newest Andriod OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm thinking the only other solutions are the wild about trial app if the stream is working on it otherwise browsers that work in place of Flash.

I have done all of these ... no luck yet! It seems like there are about 20 or more of us that have this problem. let me know if it works for you. A lot of people may think they know the answer, but they are not using it and did not happen to them. I'm looking for people who have had this happen to them. They're trying to be helpful, but to do you stream and do Arizona trial is not helpful as we have been doing that for three months and now it does not work. the posters that are not affected do not understand, although they are trying to be helpful.

What about the Dolphin Browser or the Opera Browser?

Photon browser is compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I guess saying what kind of phone I was using in the first place might have been more helpful :blushing:

Someone said on the other thread that wildabouttrial has an app in the google store. HTH!!!

Thank You, but that does not work either. this problem started for more than 20 of us on the threads that do ustream or other feeds and none of them work as of yesterday. although it has worked for us for 3 months previously.

I guess posting the phone would help wouldn't it? I'm on the LG Spirit with the New Andriod OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1.1

Ustream and Wild about trial are NOT working for me on my phone or NPH's phone or on My Kindle HD.

That's why I offered up a couple of other browsers, that are working for me.

I have done all of these ... no luck yet! It seems like there are about 20 or more of us that have this problem. let me know if it works for you. A lot of people may think they know the answer, but they are not using it and did not happen to them. I'm looking for people who have had this happen to them. They're trying to be helpful, but to do you stream and do Arizona trial is not helpful as we have been doing that for three months and now it does not work. the posters that are not affected do not understand, although they are trying to be helpful.

Okay tried UStream on my Samsung G3 running Andriod 4.1.1 (ICS) and it didn't work again today. It played the commericals but wouldn't play the live stream then said something like this channel is offline, which is what it did yesterday. I tried the Wild About Trial app from the Google Play store and it also didn't work for streaming. So then I went to my standby, Photon browser downloaded from the Google Play store, and streamed it using the flash mode in Photon on the AZFamily website. I've had trouble with the abc15 website as well as CNN using this browser, but the AZFamily live stream does seem to consistently work.

Who would have thought this would be such a headache with the all the technology we have, geesh :shakehead:

I gave up a long time ago trying to stream the trial on Samsung note II. I just watch it on youtube when somebody uploads it in the evenings. Most times I'm a day behind.

Add me to the list. Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.2 rooted on VZW. Ustream used to work but doesn't now. Ustream does work on my iPod Touch 4G, so I think it's just Android users who aren't able to connect.

WildAboutTrial does have an app but the streaming portion wasn't working today.

I downloaded the Photon browser but didn't get a chance to test it.

I typically use Opera Mini as my browser, but I've never gotten streaming flash to work on it. Ustream was my solution until now.

This is making me extremely cranky. When I don't have mastery over my technology it makes me crazy (and a bit obsessed). I will be researching this issue further.

I am using Samsung Galaxy II on ATT network in Indiana. I have streamed the trial using wildabouttrial.com mobile stream, but stopped quickly because the data used would put me over my limit in about 1-2 days. I think your provider is preventing you from using too much bandwidth. Have you called them about streaming using your data and not via wi-fi?

I am using Samsung Galaxy II on ATT network in Indiana. I have streamed the trial using wildabouttrial.com mobile stream, but stopped quickly because the data used would put me over my limit in about 1-2 days. I think your provider is preventing you from using too much bandwidth. Have you called them about streaming using your data and not via wi-fi?

I have unlimited data, so that's not the problem...

I have unlimited data and it stopped working for me yesterday. UStream on a Droid. Has always worked until yesterday. Add me to the list of cranky.

Ustream is down for at least a certain segment of Android users. This was also reported on their support forums by a user yesterday. I also have unlimited data plus I can stream it using wifi when in range. There is something wrong with the ustream android app or something is wrong with AZFamily's stream on Ustream for Android users (no idea what is the problem).

WildAboutTrial will work on Android devices, however they were having technical problems today and no stream was available through the Android App. I was able to stream the trial on my computer, but not using their App.

Having both Ustream AND WildAboutTrial down at the same time really sucks.

Ustream is down for at least a certain segment of Android users. This was also reported on their support forums by a user yesterday. I also have unlimited data plus I can stream it using wifi when in range. There is something wrong with the ustream android app or something is wrong with AZFamily's stream on Ustream for Android users (no idea what is the problem).

WildAboutTrial will work on Android devices, however they were having technical problems today and no stream was available through the Android App. I was able to stream the trial on my computer, but not using their App.

Having both Ustream AND WildAboutTrial down at the same time really sucks.

I also have unlimited data. both are not working for me either. what is going on! I really want to live stream vs. watching it at night. I will not be able to experiment tomorrow, but I hope you guys can help. some people are suggesting things that are not live streaming. Not like you stream or wild about trial. They are different than going on the internet and trying to get it to work with flash. But maybe that is the only option?

Again, this issue is only with Android smartphones. and it seemed to hit everyone on Monday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back