1517 users online (301 members and 1216 guests)  

Websleuths News

Angry Mom arrested after toddler abandoned in woods

A 3-year-old girl survived frigid temperatures after being abandoned in the woods when her mother's car ran out of gas in south Orange County, authorities said.

The child, whose body temperature had dropped to 84 degrees, and her 5-month-old sister were treated early Thursday at St. Cloud Hospital and turned over to the state Department of Children & Families, said Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The child's mother, Krissy Deshay Glover, 21, of Apopka, was arrested on a charge of child neglect and was being held without bond in the Orange County Jail, Torres said Friday.
    Glover told police she was headed to Tampa about 3 a.m. Tuesday with her two daughters when she ran out of gas in some woods near Orlando International Airport.

At the time, it was raining, temperatures had dropped into the 40s and the wind was blowing about 20 mph, according to weather reports.

Glover left the car with her two children, leaving their jackets in the car, and forced the 3-year-old to walk barefoot beside her as she carried the infant, Torres said. She left the 3-year-old behind when she became too weak to walk farther.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...0,574126.story

OMG! This is jsut horrible! That poor child!! Thank goodness the Carters were intelligent people and acted quickly.

Another case of a woman who should NEVER be a mother.

Once again, isn't there anything more hefty than child neglect to charge her with?

Was she high? Why would she pass other houses and trailer parks before she knocked on the Carters door?
    I have the most beautiful 3 year old at home, and I would die before I left her out in the cold like that.
    This makes me so mad!

Sudzi

[QUOTE=Sudzi]Once again, isn't there anything more hefty than child neglect to charge her with? [QUOTE]

What do you have to do to be charged with endangering the life of a child? Isn't that what this woman did? She should be required to be sterilized. She doesn't deserve to bear children.

All I can say is God was watching out for that little baby as the "mother" chose to stop at a house where a P.A lived!!!

This woman needs her tubes tied !!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    A 3-year-old girl survived frigid temperatures after being abandoned in the woods when her mother's car ran out of gas in south Orange County, authorities said.

The child, whose body temperature had dropped to 84 degrees, and her 5-month-old sister were treated early Thursday at St. Cloud Hospital and turned over to the state Department of Children & Families, said Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The child's mother, Krissy Deshay Glover, 21, of Apopka, was arrested on a charge of child neglect and was being held without bond in the Orange County Jail, Torres said Friday.
    Glover told police she was headed to Tampa about 3 a.m. Tuesday with her two daughters when she ran out of gas in some woods near Orlando International Airport.

At the time, it was raining, temperatures had dropped into the 40s and the wind was blowing about 20 mph, according to weather reports.

Glover left the car with her two children, leaving their jackets in the car, and forced the 3-year-old to walk barefoot beside her as she carried the infant, Torres said. She left the 3-year-old behind when she became too weak to walk farther.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...0,574126.story
    I cannot imagine leaving my three year old behind. Something's hinky here with the story--she didn't even get the children's jackets from the car before passing several houses along the way before stopping for help. I think she was hoping her daughter would die.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi
    Once again, isn't there anything more hefty than child neglect to charge her with?

Was she high? Why would she pass other houses and trailer parks before she knocked on the Carters door?
    I have the most beautiful 3 year old at home, and I would die before I left her out in the cold like that.
    This makes me so mad!
    You and me both! Child neglect? I think it should at least be attempted murder in this case.

OMG!! She forced the girl to walk barefooted? Where was the childs shoes? It was friggin cold outside! And if they had coats, why didn't she put them on the kids? I hope that the kids are put with a good family and this so called mother gets the max!!!!