Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Hip2BSquare

Former Member
Reaction score
If You could diagnose Jodi with a psychological Disorder, which Disorder would best describe her?

Added my :twocents:
"Sociopath w/Borderline Personality Disorder"
:desert:

I think it's a combo of anti-social (no friends), sociopath (no remorse/empathy/murder), and definitely a personality disorder. Maybe even a multi-personality disorder. She's also a narcissist (intensely angered by anything that seems to suggest that she might have a flaw).

But I'm no shrink!

MOO

Mel

I'm not sure I truly understand the difference between the personality disorders. With that said, my undiagnosed borderline momster would have never "physically" attacked anyone.

My bf's a psychologist, and last night, we put our heads together and came up with:

Antisocial (Sociopathic)(Psychopath)
Borderline
Histrionic/Narcissistic

My bf's a psychologist, and last night, we put our heads together and came up with:

Antisocial (Sociopathic)(Psychopath)
Borderline
Histrionic/Narcissistic

My husband is WAY overpowering with his experience and knowledge and age and all, but has the credentials and between my experience in life and family origins on my behalf, we voted for JA is the worst monster that any human could imagine...

Her mom said bipolar but I think more like borderline personality.and anti social

She's a freak of nature. She's definitely a psychopath to the core. I think her Narcissism is her most dominant trait of two personality disorders (Narcissistic and Borderline) if not more. I think she could fall on an unhealthy part of a spectrum of an array of personality disorders but not necessarily meet the criteria.

i agree with those that say socio w/borderline + narcissistic.

i don't think she has any empathy (except for herself, notice how she only truly cries when it's about poor jodi, and fakes it when she's trying to look innocent)
i believe she played major headgames with travis (trying to make him jealous etc)
she thinks she is very intelligent, more than anyone else in the room.

I believe she is an:

Anti-Social Personality with Psychopathy.
With possibly a comorbidity of Borderline/Histrionic.

as the resident bi-polar ( who feels MUCH misaligned - not yet to go on on bloody stabby spree ) I think she is majorly schizo.

I don't like the DSM IV's Antisocial PD for the kind of psychopath I think JA is. It fits a huge amount of criminals, so it's not a bad diagnosis to have in there, but it is not very good for capturing the essence of a smart female psychopath who has no criminal past or fistfights with folks, etc.

So I'd really say Psychopath + (or at least features of) Borderline PD. Sociopath is close enough :)

I don't say Psychopathy is co-morbid with Narcissistic PD, because I think the 1st Dx covers the narcissism very well itself (just mho). I do see Histrionic traits in JA, but I think the combo of Psychopath + BPD covers those well enough, too.

Even better: Psychopath + BPD who reads too many historical romance novels! :D Nay, fantasizes too vividly o'er the poetic life she has rendered.

I believe she has dissociative Identity Disorder, which the first defense Psych alluded to.

I feel she created an alter ego of a blonde sexualized childlike personality. She began to become lost in this alter ego and the lines began to blur between her prime Jodi personality and her created pigtail "blondie" personality. When this confusion of persOnalities happens, it causes the patient to become paranoid and violent. Patient is not aware of the presence of an alter. When patient acts out as one personality, the other personality is typically dormant and unaware of the actions of the other. They are known to have horrible headaches which might explain her debilitating headaches as her personalities are shifting back and forth during trial to try and remtrieve memory of the events. Their alter egos are typically over sexual and steal money and engage in risk taking behavior that their prime ego would find revolting.

These people can still pass as "normal". Roseanne Barr actually has DIssociative ID and has admitted to believing she probably has 22 alter egos brought on largely by when she was a prostitute and developed personas to woo men and seperate her prime identity from the sexual abuse.

Unfortunately, many murderers on trial falsely claim a dissociative identity disorder in order to claim innocence as their prime personality wasn't aware and they were insane. This creates problems for people like Jodi who legitimately do have it and are insane.

She has anti social personality disorder, which is the same thing as sociopathy/psychopathy.

as the resident bi-polar ( who feels MUCH misaligned - not yet to go on on bloody stabby spree ) I think she is majorly schizo.

I believe there are also too many schizotypal qualities for her to be bipolar. Her paranoia at times is astonishing. Seems as if she questions everything and can't trust anything, as evident by how she constantly changed religions, interests, geographic location, physical appearance. She does not even trust her parents enough to ever tell them about her life, as is evident by the transcripts of interrogation with her father.

Also, her father said she seemed fine 2 days after his death, but when she found out he died she went into a complete sobbing depression for days. He honestly thought that It seemed as if she honestly had just realized he was dead after she was told. This makes me think she truly did dissociate from her prime personality of Jodi when she killed him. Dissociation --->paranoia---->violence.

Psychopath with borderline personality disorder.
I tend to see sociopaths as those who can do OK out in society, and probably not as dangerous. I think Jodie moves over into the psychopath category, because she definitely could not engage in normal interpersonal relationships, even as a child this was noticeable. Lying, deception and deceiving were her normal modus operandi.

PS: I'm a Nurse educator /HOSPICE RN not a Psych nurse

hard to settle on one because I see tendencies of several different ones

sociopath w/boderline
Narcissistic
Histrionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors