OH OH - Megan Lancaster, 25, Scioto Co, 3 Apr 2013

The Cheese

Reaction score
A Wheelersburg woman missing since last Wednesday is believed to be in extreme danger, Portsmouth Police say.

Megan Lancaster, 25, was last seen in Wheelersburg. Her vehicle was found abandoned at a business in Portsmouth.

wsaz_MeganLancaster.jpeg

Friends and family have been putting flyers up around Portsmouth and New Boston.

Marcella says her daughter’s car was found Friday, abandoned at a fast food restaurant in Portsmouth.

snipped

Lancaster has a 7-year-old son who stays with her parents.

The parents say she did have drug problem, a problem that's had a stranglehold in Scioto County. They’re afraid that may be connected to her disappearance.

"She just got mixed up with the wrong people," Charles said. "I loved her, even though I didn't like what she’d done. She's still my daughter.”

snipped

The family says Lancaster’s wallet was found in the passenger seat of her car.

When they've tried to call her, Lancaster’s phone goes to voicemail.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Missing-Woman-Feared-to-be-in-Extreme-Danger-202238671.html

Megan N. Lancaster, approximately 25 years old, who maintains an address in Wheelersburg, was last seen in the Wheelersburg area on or about April 3.

Portsmouth Police Detective Ron Davis said Lancaster is known to frequent gas stations and convenient stores in Wheelersburg.

Lancaster’s vehicle was found abandoned at a local business in Portsmouth. Her family has not had any contact with her since the date she was last seen.

Megan Lancaster is a white female, is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 115 pounds. She has blond hair and brown eyes.

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.co...lice+searching+for+missing+woman &id=22197794

Police_searching_for_missing_woman0_1365538650.jpg

I wonder if she ever had the opportunity to go to rehab. Trying to quit without proper medical and psychological help usually doesn't work. It can drive a person to suicide, especially if she felt she would never recover to be a good mommy for her son. I suspect that quite a few overdose deaths are not truly accidental.

I hope they find her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why the article states extreme danger in particular. I understand everyone is in danger when they're missing, but I wonder what clue makes it extreme? There isn't much to go on to locate her with that story.

I know, right? "Extreme" danger? Have you guys heard that before?

I think the "extreme danger" comes from the possible drug connection:

The parents say she did have drug problem, a problem that's had a stranglehold in Scioto County. They’re afraid that may be connected to her disappearance.

"She just got mixed up with the wrong people," Charles said. "I loved her, even though I didn't like what she’d done. She's still my daughter.”

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Missing-Woman-Feared-to-be-in-Extreme-Danger-202238671.html

IMO, LE knows more than they are telling the public, which led them to state she is in "extreme danger". I don't believe I've heard LE use that phrase in other missing woman cases.

Her family said it's no secret she has a drug problem, and police said her disappearance could be connected to drugs.

Relatives said the negative comments on social media about Megan Lancaster are not helping the situation.

“It bothers me, because they didn't realize this kid was a cheerleader, she played all sports,” her aunt, Mary Andrews, said. “She was a good kid, she was a normal kid. There was nothing wrong. Yeah, she may have gotten older and gotten into things, but it doesn't mean we don't care. We still love and want her home.”

Megan Lancaster's brothers continue to search high and low.

“I've searched river banks for my sister,” Justin Lancaster said. “I've been down to a lot of areas in Portsmouth where I know they could dump bodies, if they're dead or not. I really just want her home.”

Jeremy Lancaster said he thinks someone robbed his sister.

“She was either buying drugs or meeting someone to buy drugs,” he said.
Now, all this family can do is pray and continue to spread the word.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130411_15242.shtml

Hoping for a good outcome for this family, clearly Megan is dearly loved.

How sad for a young mother to get herself in this situation. I feel bad for her parents and child. I have seen so much of this in my area, and this week a two year old was walking in the road with his dog. Mom was passed out at home. Same thing for a 4 year old found near a car dealership at 7am, with marijuana in his system. Kills me. At least the grandparents had her son.

Aw man, Megan. Praying you can come home to your son and love and be loved!
Hoping, hoping!!

Praying for Megan and her family.

This story just breaks my heart. Someone, please help Megan get home.

I hope this young mother can be found soon...

and that she can overcome her personal demons...

:please:

Everything LE has released just seems very vague... When you first hear 25 yr old mother with a history of drug abuse you might think she might want to just get away. But then LE reports she might be in "extreme danger", Did she go inside the restaurant? If not she was probably meeting someone there. Who was she last seen with? It doesn't seem like not answering her phone & disappearing is normal behavior for her. There is just so little information out there & I hope they're keeping it hush hush for a reason. Hoping she's found safe.

:seeya:
Hey guys lets NOT start victim blaming. Stick to MSM articles, you can discuss those, but do not make generalizations about the victim or the area and don't add rumors to the thread. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back