1354 users online (301 members and 1053 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,346

    AZ - Bullhead City, WhtFem UP11087, 17-19, in shallow grave, May'89

    Recently, I noticed NamUs UP # 11087, an unidentified white female found on May 15, 1989. I think she is fairly new in NamUs and I couldn’t find her if she is in the Doe Network.

    https://identifyus.org/cases/11087

    Unidentified White Female
    Case number: ML89-0539
    Estimated Age: 17-19 years old
    Weight: cannot estimate
    Height (inches): 67, Estimated
    Hair color: Brown, up to 12 inches in length, some bleached
    Distinctive features: Upper partial plate replaces two missing teeth
    Clothing: Per Bullhead City PD report, a purse and woman's clothing were also found
    Jewelry: one earring for pierced ear
    Body conditions: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
    Probable year of death: 1979 - 1987
    DNA is available - Not yet submitted

    She was found at 1943 Castleberry Lane, Bullhead City, AZ (Mohave County) by a construction crew digging a trench for a gas line who located the skeleton buried in a vacant lot.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-11-2013 at 04:17 AM. Reason: changed Mojave to Mohave

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,346
    Ashley Standish Higgins?

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17651/157
    Her height and hair color are off (although I might be able to see how her hair could be mistaken for brown that had been bleached), yet she is missing her two front teeth and wears false ones to cover it. Her age and the time when she went missing are also consistent. She is from Costa Mesa, CA, but went missing from Las Vegas, NV, which is about 100 miles from Bullhead City, AZ (per Yahoo Maps).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in TX from ARKANSAS
    Posts
    2,103
    That looks promising Ambercat!!!!!! did you submit her?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    1,081

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    1,081

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by jenstar View Post
    Apparently, Wendy Lynn Huggy was pregnant when she disappeared....would that exclude her from this match?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    Ashley Standish Higgins?
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17651/157
    Her height and hair color are off (although I might be able to see how her hair could be mistaken for brown that had been bleached), yet she is missing her two front teeth and wears false ones to cover it. Her age and the time when she went missing are also consistent. She is from Costa Mesa, CA, but went missing from Las Vegas, NV, which is about 100 miles from Bullhead City, AZ (per Yahoo Maps).
    Great find Ambercat! I think you should submit this!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,346
    I submitted Ashley Higgins as a possible match. I don't think it's that common for someone so young to have a partial dental plate, but I guess you never know.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12,713
    Hi Guys. I was born and raised in Needles, across the river from Mohave Valley/Bullhead. Back in about 1977, there was a young girl killed in Needles named Nikki Bunch. A few years later another Needles girl was killed named Robin Jennings. IIRC, one or two more women were also found about the same time as Robin.

    It has long been said that a local man named Jimmy Joe Cox killed them, but LE could never prove it. Last year, he was convicted of killing his girlfriend (it was a cold case). FWIW- This UID really caught my eye and made me think of him.

    http://www.desertdispatch.com/articl...ernardino.html
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    16,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    I submitted Ashley Higgins as a possible match. I don't think it's that common for someone so young to have a partial dental plate, but I guess you never know.
    The ones most likely to have such a plate are athletes in sports such as field hockey, lacrosse, regular hockey, etc. The kind of sport where you get hit in the face with sticks and flying objects with no time to duck.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,346
    Ashley Higgins has been ruled out as being NamUs UP # 11087.

    This may be sort of off topic because I was thinking about it in reference to "Cameo Shores Jane Doe" in Orange County, CA, too; if someone who doesn't know a person intimately (or at least not well enough to know that some of their teeth come out at night) was the one to file the missing persons' report, is there a possibility that whether someone wears a one or more false teeth won't be known, then they will be overlooked as the UID? Or once the missing persons' report is filed, their dental records are tracked down?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    16,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    Ashley Higgins has been ruled out as being NamUs UP # 11087.

    This may be sort of off topic because I was thinking about it in reference to "Cameo Shores Jane Doe" in Orange County, CA, too; if someone who doesn't know a person intimately (or at least not well enough to know that some of their teeth come out at night) was the one to file the missing persons' report, is there a possibility that whether someone wears a one or more false teeth won't be known, then they will be overlooked as the UID? Or once the missing persons' report is filed, their dental records are tracked down?
    Yes, I think that's very possible, especially with a teenage girl who might be embarrassed about it and try to hide it. As far as the dental records -- that varies. I've seen cases where "available" meant "we know who her dentist was and we can try to find records."
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    695
    Bumping.
    Where is Shawn Hale? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/ Missing from Apple Valley CA since 11/04/1994

    Where is Michelle Crawford? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14428/0/ Missing from Lawton, OK since 06/08/1999

    Where is Jennifer Lee Schmidt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4822/0/ (Missing From West Lafayette IN(Purdue University) since 08/06/85.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    540
    Updated this month.
    DNA Status:Complete - Insufficient DNA for profiling


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    146
    She now has a NCMEC reconstruction!

    http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1184576/1/screen


    Cali Doe was Tammy Jo

    1-25-2015

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 05:18 PM
  2. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 02:52 PM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 06:22 PM
  4. FL FL - Collier Co., WhtFem 235UFFL, 45-70, in shallow grave, Jun'78
    By CarlK90245 in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 04:13 PM
  5. OK OK - Caddo Co., WhtFem UP6604, 16-25, in shallow grave, Apr'95
    By Aeronomy in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-16-2015, 11:41 PM

Tags for this Thread