AZ AZ - Bullhead City, WhtFem UP11087, 17-19, shallow grave vacant lot, purse, clothes, May'89

Ambercat

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Recently, I noticed NamUs UP # 11087, an unidentified white female found on May 15, 1989. I think she is fairly new in NamUs and I couldn’t find her if she is in the Doe Network.

https://identifyus.org/cases/11087

Unidentified White Female​
Case number: ML89-0539
Estimated Age: 17-19 years old
Weight: cannot estimate
Height (inches): 67, Estimated
Hair color: Brown, up to 12 inches in length, some bleached
Distinctive features: Upper partial plate replaces two missing teeth
Clothing: Per Bullhead City PD report, a purse and woman's clothing were also found
Jewelry: one earring for pierced ear
Body conditions: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Probable year of death: 1979 - 1987
DNA is available - Not yet submitted

She was found at 1943 Castleberry Lane, Bullhead City, AZ (Mohave County) by a construction crew digging a trench for a gas line who located the skeleton buried in a vacant lot.

Ashley Standish Higgins?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17651/157
Her height and hair color are off (although I might be able to see how her hair could be mistaken for brown that had been bleached), yet she is missing her two front teeth and wears false ones to cover it. Her age and the time when she went missing are also consistent. She is from Costa Mesa, CA, but went missing from Las Vegas, NV, which is about 100 miles from Bullhead City, AZ (per Yahoo Maps).

Apparently, Wendy Lynn Huggy was pregnant when she disappeared....would that exclude her from this match?

Ashley Standish Higgins?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17651/157
Her height and hair color are off (although I might be able to see how her hair could be mistaken for brown that had been bleached), yet she is missing her two front teeth and wears false ones to cover it. Her age and the time when she went missing are also consistent. She is from Costa Mesa, CA, but went missing from Las Vegas, NV, which is about 100 miles from Bullhead City, AZ (per Yahoo Maps).

Great find Ambercat! I think you should submit this!

Hi Guys. I was born and raised in Needles, across the river from Mohave Valley/Bullhead. Back in about 1977, there was a young girl killed in Needles named Nikki Bunch. A few years later another Needles girl was killed named Robin Jennings. IIRC, one or two more women were also found about the same time as Robin.

It has long been said that a local man named Jimmy Joe Cox killed them, but LE could never prove it. Last year, he was convicted of killing his girlfriend (it was a cold case). FWIW- This UID really caught my eye and made me think of him.

http://www.desertdispatch.com/articles/life-12263-murder-bernardino.html

I submitted Ashley Higgins as a possible match. I don't think it's that common for someone so young to have a partial dental plate, but I guess you never know.

The ones most likely to have such a plate are athletes in sports such as field hockey, lacrosse, regular hockey, etc. The kind of sport where you get hit in the face with sticks and flying objects with no time to duck.

Ashley Higgins has been ruled out as being NamUs UP # 11087.

This may be sort of off topic because I was thinking about it in reference to "Cameo Shores Jane Doe" in Orange County, CA, too; if someone who doesn't know a person intimately (or at least not well enough to know that some of their teeth come out at night) was the one to file the missing persons' report, is there a possibility that whether someone wears a one or more false teeth won't be known, then they will be overlooked as the UID? Or once the missing persons' report is filed, their dental records are tracked down?

Ashley Higgins has been ruled out as being NamUs UP # 11087.

This may be sort of off topic because I was thinking about it in reference to "Cameo Shores Jane Doe" in Orange County, CA, too; if someone who doesn't know a person intimately (or at least not well enough to know that some of their teeth come out at night) was the one to file the missing persons' report, is there a possibility that whether someone wears a one or more false teeth won't be known, then they will be overlooked as the UID? Or once the missing persons' report is filed, their dental records are tracked down?

Yes, I think that's very possible, especially with a teenage girl who might be embarrassed about it and try to hide it. As far as the dental records -- that varies. I've seen cases where "available" meant "we know who her dentist was and we can try to find records."

I'm curious to know why she's listed as white. We are so close to all borders here. Many of my friends look just like this picture, and are Navajo, or Mexican. Btw, all dental work is free at the Indian clinic 30 minutes from this location.

Hi everyone! I'm new here so I hope I am doing this right. I grew up in Bullhead City so this case is interesting to me. So many people travel through there from the surrounding states. You also see a lot of people from Eastern states go through on their way to California. I've been looking through pictures of people from surrounding areas. Could she be Sandra Butler? What do you guys think? http://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5901/1 The age is about right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back