1202 users online (265 members and 937 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Good Samaritan shot 5 times at KC convenience store

http://www.kctv5.com/story/21935696/...-1-person-shot

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

A teen allegedly confessed to shooting a good Samaritan six times after he tried to stop the suspect from stealing a woman's purse, according to prosecutors.

The victim is fighting for his life after the bullets severed his bowels, authorities say. A police sergeant who heard the gunshots was able to chase down the suspect and arrest him.

Haroon Yousef, 33, was helping out the convenience store owner when he saw a man point a gun at a woman while in a vehicle with her children. Those who know Yousef said he was a friendly man who always helped others.

On Thursday, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker charged Murad A. Jones, 19, of Kansas City with first-degree robbery, first-degree and two counts of armed criminal action. Prosecutors are asking for a $250,000 bond.............

"He went on to state that he thought the employee was going to hold him down until police got there, and although the employee fell down during the struggle, he stood over the employee and shot him six times before running away with the purse," according to court records............

Police say the clerk's condition remains critical.

Ahmed Nawaz, the owner of the convenience store, said his friend is improving. He said Yousef and his wife are expecting their first child.

more at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Prayers for this man and his family. I really hope he pulls through, such a brave man to stand up for that woman and her children.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

I don't see an update on his condition, so bump. I don't want this amazing guy falling out of sight and mind. Praying!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

http://fox4kc.com/2013/04/11/good-sa...-woman-robbed/

While they don't address his condition directly they at least seem hopeful
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight