1251 users online (232 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Jonathan Winters Dead at 87

Jonathan Winters, the comedic film and TV actor who was huge in the '70s and '80s on shows like "Mork and Mindy," has died at age 87 ... TMZ has learned.

Winters died last night of natural causes in Montecito, Calif, around 6:30 p.m., surrounded by friends and family.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/12/jonath...#ixzz2QGuFrHaa
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

RIP Jonathon, a hilarious man, thanks for the laughs!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

He would come on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson dressed as Maudie Frickert - the little old lady inthe black dress. The guy was just plain funny. He was Robin Williams before Robin Williams.

RIP Mr. Winters

RIP - He was very funny!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTgzZb-VVs"]Jonathan Winters roasts Johnny Carson - YouTube[/ame]
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Unhappy

RIP Jonathan, one of the best comedians ever!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

He was one of my Big Three: a guy whose work helped convince a shy Kansas boy about three steps off the farm that it was possible to get up and work before a crowd - in my case, a crowded classroom, as a teacher. I didn't realize the above, of course, for years, but Richard Pryor (telling stories is funnier than telling jokes), Johnny Carson (impeccable sense of comic timing he himself had learned from Jack Benny), and Jonathan Winters - improv all the way - shaped my life as surely as did W.H. Auden or H.D. Thoreau.

Requiescat in pace Jonathan Winters. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    He would come on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson dressed as Maudie Frickert - the little old lady inthe black dress. The guy was just plain funny. He was Robin Williams before Robin Williams.

RIP Mr. Winters
    Robin copied his act. Winters was a comedic genious.

The thing about JW was, he could self-edit while in the process of doing improv - an amazing talent especially when things are moving that fast. RW can't, or at least doesn't.

Great talent gone...but he lived a long & good life and gave us so much! There is some solace there in his passing...for me anyway. And gratitude for the legacy he left behind, and all the chuckles in the meantime.

It was hard to avoid him in the past 20 yrs or more in our community. JW was always available for chat; and if you did not ask, he would engage you in conversation. I'm quite sure that the tourists he approached were thrilled.

His artwork is also a special gift he left behind. I've inherited the book I had given to my Dad long ago...

Altogether, JW was an exception: a multi-talented man with an open heart...and a friend to all of us who live here in 'cito! He will be sorely missed.

R.I.P.