Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    IF the father did actually take the baby to the hospital on Sunday and IF as someone reported she did have an ear infection, the doctor at the hospital would have give her an antibiotic. If the parents got the medicine for her and are giving it to her, it should help both her ear and her face. I hope the parents know to keep sponging her off with cool water to bring her fever down. Also, if they dry off the sores on her face and apply some over the counter antibiotic ointment, that would probably help her face too. If she already saw a doctor and got medicine, and if the parents are doing the appropriate things to care for her, then I'm not sure she is in immediate need of medical attention or that she is in danger (unless she gets pneumonia). When our kids were young and we took them to the hospital, the doctors always told us to just keep sponging them off until the fever went down. They said they couldn't do anything more for them than we could. Of course, if the parents aren't giving the child appropriate care, then the baby could be in danger. It appeared that the father loves the baby a lot, so it seems he would try to take care of her. How far could they get without their car unless someone is helping them? They would have to have money to get a place to stay or they would have to stay with a friend or someone who would take them in. Its not good to be on the run with a sick baby. It also appears that the father has gotten into some trouble with the law as per previous links posted. That's not good either. The parents seem to need some parenting help and maybe some substance abuse treatment to make a safe home for their child. I hope the baby is OK and that the parents are treating her illness and that they all get the help they need. It looked like the father had a job as a carpenter, so he must be missing work if he was still working.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Officials are still unsure what medical condition may have caused the sores.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...mariah_ni.html
    OMO thanks for listening

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lordeebee For This Useful Post:

fhc

I think it might be Dad holding Mariah in the photo being circulated. I'd be a lot less concerned if that was taken at the hospital on Sunday, rather than at the apartment on Wednesday after almost three days on antibiotics.

ETA- Maybe Mariah was never seen at the hospital, Dad may have been arrested on the way to, rather than on his way back. I say this because surely the hospital would have prescribed something for her. The social worker states when she saw Mariah on Wednesday, she had a fever?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lordeebee View Post
    Officials are still unsure what medical condition may have caused the sores.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...mariah_ni.html
    The parents have been couch-surfing and have ties to the Molalla area, according to Christopherson. They left behind their vehicle, which Christopherson described as a 2000 or 2001 green Saab.
    From that same article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    IF the father did actually take the baby to the hospital on Sunday and IF as someone reported she did have an ear infection, the doctor at the hospital would have give her an antibiotic. If the parents got the medicine for her and are giving it to her, it should help both her ear and her face. I hope the parents know to keep sponging her off with cool water to bring her fever down. Also, if they dry off the sores on her face and apply some over the counter antibiotic ointment, that would probably help her face too. If she already saw a doctor and got medicine, and if the parents are doing the appropriate things to care for her, then I'm not sure she is in immediate need of medical attention or that she is in danger (unless she gets pneumonia). When our kids were young and we took them to the hospital, the doctors always told us to just keep sponging them off until the fever went down. They said they couldn't do anything more for them than we could. Of course, if the parents aren't giving the child appropriate care, then the baby could be in danger. It appeared that the father loves the baby a lot, so it seems he would try to take care of her. How far could they get without their car unless someone is helping them? They would have to have money to get a place to stay or they would have to stay with a friend or someone who would take them in. Its not good to be on the run with a sick baby. It also appears that the father has gotten into some trouble with the law as per previous links posted. That's not good either. The parents seem to need some parenting help and maybe some substance abuse treatment to make a safe home for their child. I hope the baby is OK and that the parents are treating her illness and that they all get the help they need. It looked like the father had a job as a carpenter, so he must be missing work if he was still working.
    BBM: Most ear infections are viral in nature, and physicians have gotten away from routinely providing antibiotics without a compelling reason to do so - e.g. a bacterial infection. And even if the physician prescribed an antibiotic, the hospital does not provide the medication (except for maybe the first dose), they give a prescription and the parents then have responsibility to get it filled at a local pharmacy. I would respectfully submit that these parents are more worried about getting caught than in getting proper treatment for the child. MOO and all that jazz

9. The Following User Says Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

fhc

FOX 12 Oregon KPTV ‏@fox12oregon 6m
    Missing Molalla toddler has been found safe in a home outside of Molalla. Police are interviewing the parents now. Investigation continues.

FBI Portland ‏@FBIPortland 1m
    #FindMariah Mariah has been located and is safe! Thank you to all local partners who aided in the recovery. http://1.usa.gov/115PDK1 #FBI
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Cheese For This Useful Post:

The Molalla Police Department, in conjunction with the FBI and other partner agencies, has recovered Mariah Nichols. She is safe. She is in the custody of a Department of Human Services caseworker and is receiving a medical evaluation.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sweetsavi For This Useful Post:

Mariah Nichols, missing Molalla girl, found safe in Clackamas County

[snip]

Nichols, whom officials considered endangered and in need of medical attention, is in the custody of the Department of Human Services and is undergoing a medical evaluation. She was found at a home near Molalla in rural Clackamas County.

The case is still under investigation.

More: http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...g_molalla.html

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Hallelujah!

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Thank Goodness!!! Hope we get a follow up story!!! Court records are not online for Oregon correct?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Thank God!! Hope she's finally feeling well.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaliste For This Useful Post:

She was found safe!!! Great news, I have been so worried about the beautiful baby.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:

THATS great news!!
    If I really thought I could...
    Id give up your ghost for good.
    But Im not so sure it isnt you..
    That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
    Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to GateKeeper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    Hallelujah!
    KTCA : Karma Target Casey Anthony.