Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
image.aspx

Katharine Jean Bay

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Riverside, California

Missing Since: May 31, 2002

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'7" -- Weight: 110 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Katharine may use the last name Anderson.

Katharine was last seen in Riverside, California on May 31, 2002. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case, but foul play is suspected.

California Attorney General

Charley Project

Did not find a listing for Katharine on Namus. Disturbing to find so little interest or info regarding her disappearance, especially since she left behind an infant son. Off to study UIDs...

I am friend's with Kate's mother. Kate's mom can be reached through the facebook page. I am going to encourage her to see if she could come over and get verified. She has quite a bit of thoughts and input. I wonder if she has looked into having Kate added to Namus (or does that have to come from the LE)?

I am friend's with Kate's mother. Kate's mom can be reached through the facebook page. I am going to encourage her to see if she could come over and get verified. She has quite a bit of thoughts and input. I wonder if she has looked into having Kate added to Namus (or does that have to come from the LE)?

I messaged her on FB yesterday but have not heard back. Since I couldn't find Katharine on NamUs, I suggested that she create a profile for her there, along with some other avenues she might follow to get some attention focused on this case. From what I understand, NamUs doesn't require LE to create a profile; the family can do it as long as there are LE records available to support a missing person case.

http://www.namus.gov/

"The Missing Persons Database contains information about missing persons that can be entered by anyone; however before it appears as a case on NamUs, the information is verified. NamUs provides a user with a variety of resources, including the ability to print missing persons posters and receive free biometric collection and testing assistance. Other resources include links to state clearinghouses, medical examiner and coroner offices, law enforcement agencies, victim assistance groups and pertinent legislation."

I would guess that the reason there is so little activity on this thread is that there's so little information to go on. By all means, if you could get her mother to join us and give whatever info she has, that would be great! I have so many questions, but absolutely no idea where to even start looking. What was going on in Katharine's life? What were her habits? What was her state of mind? Was she troubled? Was she happy? What was the state of her relationship with her child's father? Was she having problems with anyone in her social circle? Is there any certain place she might be likely to go if she felt she needed to get away? What were the circumstances of her mother's last contact with Katharine? What is her gut feeling about what happened to her daughter?

OkieGranny, I sent Kate's mom a message too, hopefully she'll respond to you soon. She was anxious to get the corrected flyer posted here. I'm trying to figure out how to post it (I don't have a photo sharing website). Maybe someone else could get the new flyer from the facebook page and post it here? Thanks!!

OkieGranny, I sent Kate's mom a message too, hopefully she'll respond to you soon. She was anxious to get the corrected flyer posted here. I'm trying to figure out how to post it (I don't have a photo sharing website). Maybe someone else could get the new flyer from the facebook page and post it here? Thanks!!

Will see what I can do. I'm so sorry to hear that she's in fragile health; now it seems much more urgent to get this search kicked into high gear.

I also posted asking for additional information. I am confused about several things.
1. The date range of 6/20/02-7/05/02 of when she went missing on the poster. Everything else has a missing date of May 31, 2002 . What happened there? When did the babysitter last see her?

2. Online, I'm seeing her listed as, "Voluntary Missing," on nampn.org with an AKA of Katharine Jean Anderson. She is listed as, "endangered missing," with foul play suspected at charleyproject.org, but it also lists the AKA. Did she use this AKA before or after she was missing?

Not much details available on her disappearance. However based on the posts above it seems there is much more to the story that I can't find. The Facebook links above no longer work and the page doesn't exist anymore.

Hello all. I've just come across Katharine's story. I'd love to know a wee bit more if anyone can help. Sadly, there seems to be so little information out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back