997 users online (228 members and 769 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dog brought home after 9 months on the run

Sheltie Meggie ran away from her caretaker and was lost for 9 months. Her people never gave up searching. with lots of help from the community (and FaceBook), she was finally captured and reunited with her family!
    Here's her story:

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

Nothing to see here, move along...
    Brilliant...I'm so happy Meggie is back home.

Thanks for posting!

Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

I lost a dog for 2 weeks once. We had just moved from the city into our first house - winter. Dog got out as I was leaving for work from there for the first time and she ran along the car for awhile, but I had a train to catch and figured she'd find her way home-but she didn't. Night after night I drove those streets looking for her. Then I got a call at work from my wife telling me she had found her way home. I don't mind admitting a bawled when I got home and wrapped my arms around her. She had worn her paws raw trying to find us. I was on my knees crying, and she was crying and wagging her tail and peeing on the floor and licking away my tears and I got wet knees and I didn't even care.