CA CA - Nigel Jay, 34, Hayward, 7 April 2013

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/hayward-police-search-missing-34-year-old-man/nXLNF/

Posted: 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 12, 2013

Hayward police search for missing 34-year-old man

missing_man_Hayward.jpg

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...-stretch-broadway-downtown-oakland?source=rss

An investigation into the disappearance last month of a Hayward man came to downtown Oakland Thursday morning when police served a search warrant at a small business where he was last seen.

Police completed the search before 9 a.m. but would not reveal whether anything was found that would help them locate Nigel Jay, 34, who was reported missing April 10 but was last seen three days earlier at the business at 1944 Broadway.

Hayward Police Sgt. Eric Krimm said Thursday it was decided to search the shop, which has "Custom Ink" written on its storefront, to see if anything could be found that would help locate Jay.

He said "Mr. Jay does not have a history of missing and some personal aspects of his life, like banking and cell phone usage have stopped."

more at link

Wow. I used to live in Hayward, grew up in San Leandro and my Dad was murdered in Oakland.

It sounds like LE has a good inkling of what happened....and it doesn't look good.

Hello everyone. I work for an organization that helps families navigate the systems when a loved one is missing. We were working closely with Nigel's long time girlfriend, Serena. She is the one who offered the $10,000 reward. We were trying very hard to get in contact with his sister Hazel. I set up a couple of meetings with her (Hazel) and she always canceled. Serena stopped all contact as of late June. All texts to her go unanswered and today my text was returned with a temporarily out of service message.

It seems as if there hasn't been any movement at all with this case.

I have a flier that our organization made and i would like to post it. Can someone help me do that?

Thanks!

Amy, ED South County Family Services

Nigel Shervanti Jay
Nigel-Jay-87382_0.jpg

MISSING SINCE: 04/07/2013
SEX: Male
DOB: 03/22/1979
RACE: Black
HEIGHT: 5' 8"
EYES: Brown
WEIGHT: 200 lbs.
HAIR: Black
SCARS/MARKS/TATTOO: Tattoo on forearm of (knife) and (spatula) on other forearm
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE: No

Nigel was last seen on April 7, 2013.

Contact
AGENCY: Hayward Police Department
PHONE NUMBER: (510) 293-7195
CASE NUMBER: 13-23568

• nigel_shervanti_jay_1.jpg
  • nigel_shervanti_jay_2.jpg
  • nigel_shervanti_jay_3.jpg
Jay, circa 2013
  • Missing Since 04/07/2013
  • Missing From Oakland, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 03/22/1979 (44)
  • Age 33 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 200 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Jay has a tattoo of a knife on one forearm and a tattoo of a spatula on the other forearm.

Details of Disappearance​

Jay was last seen at in the 1900 block of Broadway in Oakland, California at 9:00 p.m. on April 7, 2013, when he went to drop off some keys for a friend. He was supposed to return his rental car to the Hertz rental car lot near the Oakland Airport and also deliver some medicine to his father, but never performed either errand.

Three days later, Jay's car was found abandoned near 98th Avenue in Oakland, California. The vehicle was unlocked and nothing inside appeared to be out of place.

Jay has no history of leaving without warning, and he hasn't used his bank accounts or cellular phone since his disappearance. He worked as a cook at the time he went missing. His case is considered suspicious and remains unsolved. Hayward, California police are investigating.

Investigating Agency​

• Hayward Police Department 510-293-7195

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 19, 2014; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back