1217 users online (207 members and 1010 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your Favorite Juanderful Court Moment & Quotes

iSleuth had a brilliant idea in another thread that we should have a dedicated "Juanism" thread.

My favorite:

"What were you going to do with the gun, THROW it at him?"

Perfection!

Yours?

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

this thread is open for posting and great idea

this thread is not for general discussion. Post your Juanderful moment here:

There are so many, I don't even know how to choose. I wish we had this thread earlier so I could post them day by day.

But my favorite moment that comes to mind right now is when JW tried to take the sting out of Juan's "Do you have a problem with your memory," but when Juan got up to first question ALV, he immediately made her look like she DID have a memory problem. It was awesome.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

"And how do you think Mr Alexander felt as you were sticking the knife into his chest?!"
    The words combined with his delivery were spot on!!

anytime he says...."ma'am, didn't you tell the jury in response to one of their questions..."

"Show me the linebacker pose, I don't want you to tell me, I want you to show me"

I loved it when cross-examining JA, and she was being dodgy about her mental state after the shooting, he quipped, "Well, it's YOUR fog!"
    "People talk about “closure,” but there’s no such thing as closure. You absorb life, including its blows, and move on. If you’re lucky or work hard, adversity makes you better, stronger, deeper. You’ll never not mourn, because you’re human and that’s the way we’re built. But there are moments when something happens—you take a turn, or a new understanding happens. There are times when you realize a certain point in the arc of mourning has been reached. There are times when justice happens." -- Peggy Noonan

My favorites were the first one mentioned here: "What were you going to do with the gun..throw it at him?"

And the whole series: "You're the one who did this to him, right? Well then show me...put a mark on the screen. Were you crying when you shot him? Were you crying when you stabbed him? Were you crying when you slit his throat?"

Many more, but those were the most inspired, to me.

I am sure many will say this, but still my favorite, "Well it's your fog."

TXRedhead, you beat me to it, must have faster fingers.

I also loved when he told (I believe it was) Gus Searcy, "It doesn't work that way, I ask the questions!"
    "People talk about “closure,” but there’s no such thing as closure. You absorb life, including its blows, and move on. If you’re lucky or work hard, adversity makes you better, stronger, deeper. You’ll never not mourn, because you’re human and that’s the way we’re built. But there are moments when something happens—you take a turn, or a new understanding happens. There are times when you realize a certain point in the arc of mourning has been reached. There are times when justice happens." -- Peggy Noonan

While questioning Jodi about the "no jury will ever convict me " quote- "so you admit the two statements are different? There is no mention of suicide?" Jodi babbles. "Yes or no are the two statements different?" Jodi says yes. "No further questions for this witness." Drop the mic. Boom.

I loved the "Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops" line of questioning
    "YES or NO?"
    "Did I ask you ________?"
    "You keep looking over to your left--I'm asking the questions over here."
    "He didn't say--'Hey baby, let's get down' or anything"

I love the way he always called JA ma'am instead of Jodie of Ms. Arias.

Did I ask you that, did I ask you that?

But of course my favorite: Well, it's YOUR fog.

Anytime he says "riiight" , so snarky like he really means are you sh**in me? It cracks me up everytime

"Well, but you did just say that, didn't you?"

"Ma'am, I understand that you want to tell us that, but....."

"Do you know if Mr. Alexander may have been a fan or liked Cameron Dias? Have you seen Charlies Angels?" (Or something to that effect.)
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast