961 users online (212 members and 749 guests)  

Websleuths News

Belarus man dies from injuries incurred in furious beaver attack

Beaver 'bites man to death' (Daily Telegraph)
    An angler in Belarus has died after he was attacked by a beaver which bit him twice on the thigh, severing an artery.
    ---
    Sergei Shtyk, the deputy head of the region's wildlife inspectorate, told The Daily Telegraph the victim had tried to approach the aquatic rodent after he and two friends encountered it as they headed out on a fishing trip.

"It was early morning and already light when they saw a beaver by the road, which was unusual because beavers are nocturnal," said Mr Shtyk.

"One of them went up to be photographed with it, and the animal attacked him and bit him twice, cutting an artery in his thigh, before running away."
    ---
    more at the link, with a video and more than you could ever care to know about beavers in Belarus

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Beaver 'bites man to death' (Daily Telegraph)

more at the link, with a video and more than you could ever care to know about beavers in Belarus
    Didn't know beavers can be so aggressive. Best to leave all wildlife alone and keep your distance.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

I see beavers all time during the day by where I live. Apparently, Arkansas beavers didn't get the memo that they are supposed to be nocturnal!

This story would have been funny except for the guy dying.

I know now not to mess with one...
    Last edited by tezi; 04-13-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: fix boo-boo...
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Re: wildlife - healthy respect. I even give squirrels a bit of a wide berth, thinking perhaps the little critters will have picked up - somehow - remarks I've made in the past about them ("jumped-up rats with better tails," etc.) and plot revenge.

(Did anyone else laugh hysterically at the headline?

??????

Best-
    Herding Cats)
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

I saw this on the Twitter, googled it up to find a better link, wound up with L.A. Times, thought it probably was authentic, then saw the Telegraph link with the original story (original in English, at least). One does not expect to see "Beaver 'bites man to death'" as a headline in Daily Telegraph! Red-top tabloids, yes. Conservative ol' Telegraph, #notsomuch.