864 users online (180 members and 684 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Clara Harris, dentist who ran over cheating husband, denied parole

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...th-4430944.php

lara Harris, the Friends*wood dentist who made national headlines a decade ago after she ran over her cheating husband, will spend at least another two years behind bars after her bid for early release was turned down Thursday.

I agree with the decision to deny her early release. This case is one I will never forget - the image do her running over her husband in that parking lot was horrific!

Wow. The kids had to be raised by friends because the grandparents were battling for custody. At least they get to visit her which her stepdaughter can't do with her Dad. Will she do twenty years or only a few more years?

I doubt she is a "danger" to society, the same way others (pedophiles, woman-killers) are. I see no reason she shouldn't be paroled unless she marries another cheater. What are the odds? The odds say the pedos and the real killers are much more likely to offend.

Let her out, I say, and let her live her life.

I don't know how we can know that, Trident. No matter what we think of her husband, Ms. Harris killed him in cold blood in front of his daughter (IIRC).

We can't know that only adultery will set her off. Keep her where she can do no further harm (until the end of her sentence).

I am of the opinion that she should do the time. This is not the way to respond to a cheating husband. 10 more years.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

The amount of rage and entitlement that went into running over a person who rejected her is scary. No thought for the children who can't even be raised by family or go into a family situation without having to make monthly trips to the pen throughout their whole childhood.

I have walked in her shoes and have always felt a lot of sympathy for her. Her husband did everything possible to antagonize her with his lying and cheating. His infidelity was very cruel and the woman did love him a lot. She is not a danger to society and has suffered enough in my opinion.

^^^Oh, I had a lot of sympathy for her. Right up until she killed a father in front of his daughter.

How odd--at a site that is overwhelmingly pro-d.p.--that people are so ready to forgive this murderer and unleash her on the public.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. JMO.

If you have a cheating bastard for a husband the solution is divorce, not murder.

Harris told the Chronicle in 2005 that she hoped to be paroled as soon as possible because of her twin sons, who were 3 when their father was killed.
    Her twin sons were not her priority when she decided to commit murder in front of witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. JMO.

If you have a cheating bastard for a husband the solution is divorce, not murder.

Her twin sons were not her priority when she decided to commit murder in front of witnesses.
    Your last paragraph, about not thinking of the kids...

Exactly why she should stay in jail..
    SA Hospital Liason Officer @ Yasminah's Gift of Hope

Supporting Parents of Premature Birth & Sleeping Angels

www.ygoh.org.au

I wonder if a man who had murdered his cheating wife (who was a B to him) by running her down in front of her child would garner the same sort of sympathy this woman appears to have.

Things that make me go hmmm.

I am glad she will serve the rest of her time.

I am all for truth in sentencing. I hate early release, parole, etc. If someone is sentenced to 30 years I want them serve all 30. That is just me. Male perp - female perp - sympathetic perp - unsympathetic perp - jerk victim or saint victim.

In the eyes of the law it should all be the same. MOO
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Just saw she was denied parole 2 times in 2015, but gets another chance this year. Not sure when.
    This justice system is so one-sided on so many levels...

Exclamation

Ironic she's getting renewed publicity because her case was just on 20/20 on ID last night and another show- I think 48 Hours the other day. 20/20 interviewed her pre-trial and tried to make her sympathetic, but she was told to stay away from the husband and girlfriend at the hotel because of just having had a public fight with them, and she keyed his car and broke the windshield wipers while they were sitting in it. Her defense tried to spin it as her car's steering wheel locked up to the left and she was just doing donuts around his body- when there were 4 eyewitnesses, including his daughter who was a passenger in the car.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Former beauty queen dentist who ran over and killed her cheating husband with his teenage daughter in the car is released from prison after serving 15 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xmUXxHAD