Media barred from Charles and Camilla's wedding.

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/15/britain.wedding/index.html

crying1om.gif

I know, I'm a smartA%% this morning. :slap: myself

Lots of legalling manuvering going on in the background, reasons for this and that... interesting. They shoulda just got drunk and went to Vegas. :rolleyes:

Were they afraid her face might shatter some camera lenses???:laugh:

I remember being late to work the day that Diana and Charles were married. I don't think I'll be watching this one.

Ok, be honest. Who would really want to see this anyway?

Charles and Camilla to visit Ground Zero

double-take_camilla2_190.jpg

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, on their first official tour abroad since they married in April, start a week-long visit to the U.S. at Ground Zero in New York on Tuesday. They will inaugurate a memorial garden for the British victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

They will also visit Washington to meet President George W. Bush for lunch and dinner on Wednesday.

A visit to hurricane-hit New Orleans is planned for Friday, followed on November 5 and 6 by a trip to California, where they will meet the homeless in San Francisco and talk to organic farmers.

Prince Charles will also meet UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, and the couple will attend a dinner hosted by the British Consul General at the Museum of Modern Art.

The prince and his new wife departed from RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire on Tuesday morning.

"This is Camilla's biggest challenge in six months of marriage. She has got to make the Americans love her," said royal author Judy Wade.

But the late Princess Diana, with whom Charles toured the U.S. 20 years ago, will be a hard act to follow.

"Diana had the combination of status and sex appeal which made her more starry than a movie star," said Wade. "Camilla scrubs up well but it takes an army of make-up artists and dress designers. Diana had it naturally."

Story

Well, believe it or not, I would LOVE to meet them both. I wish I could be invited. Camilla is more my age and I think I could have alot to say to her. (how old is she)

Charles is very intellectual and loves books and history, and global warming and all, so I would love to talk with him about that.

The British people helped us in the war! We need to be VERY nice to them, bridge the gaps, and find commonalities.

NOT CRITICIZE (Charles has too big a nose, Charles, is snobby, Camilla, affairs) STOP! They want to get to know us; they are making overtures, we must show them they are much like us and we admire them.

Charles has had his "problems" but it looks likes he's done a pretty good job raising his boys and fulfilling Diana's wishes. Camilla is trying really hard to be a good Duchess.

I'd rather stick a fork in my left eye!

Show them how much we admire them? Please. What exactly has either Charles or Camilla done for anyone aside from themselves? I admit that I have not paid any attention at all to them since they are such snobbish, boring individuals so perhaps I'm missing something...so please show me what great deeds either Charles or Camilla have accomplished and perhaps I will reconsider.

I'm not on the "poor Diana" bandwagon from back when they were married either - although Charles did cheat on Diana with Camilla if everyone who did that was put in jail there'd be no one left. I believe had Diana not died such a tragic death that today nobody would even remember who Charles was at all, since in time Diana would have completely eclipsed him - she was already well on her way.

I have always been kinda facinated with the monarchy. Maybe just the idea that so much is available to you just for the fact that you were born to certain people. I love the tradition and ceremony of it...yet on the other hand it has been kinda like watching a car wreck :D

There is no way Camilla could ever replace Diana, yet I don't think she really tries and that is good. She needs to be herself. After all, everyone fell in love with Diana the 1st moment we saw her, the coy smile and natural beauty. She didn't have to do much to win hearts although her works later in life endeared her as well.

lynie

Hbgchick said:
Show them how much we admire them? Please. What exactly has either Charles or Camilla done for anyone aside from themselves? I admit that I have not paid any attention at all to them since they are such snobbish, boring individuals so perhaps I'm missing something...so please show me what great deeds either Charles or Camilla have accomplished and perhaps I will reconsider.

I don't know a whole lot about what Charles does, but I do know that he runs the largest group of non-profit organizations in England called "Prince's Charties." The largest charity in the group is The Prince's Trust which has provided job traing for more than a half million young people.

Maral said:
I don't know a whole lot about what Charles does, but I do know that he runs the largest group of non-profit organizations in England called "Prince's Charties." The largest charity in the group is The Prince's Trust which has provided job traing for more than a half million young people.
This could be, but even if he does it's as lynie says "so much is available to you just for the fact that you were born to certain people". I'm not arguing your point and it sounds like a great organization, but I think if he "runs" this group it's because someone else (or a whole lot of someone elses) did the hard work to create it for him and then set him atop of it as it's Leader. That doesn't impress me a great deal, unfortunately.

Linda7NJ said:
I'd rather stick a fork in my left eye!

LOL Linda Not sure I'd want to go quite that far .. as I'm rather fond of my left eye - but it's a great analogy!! <ROFL>

Personally, I wouldn't cross the street to see or meet either of them. I can't honestly think of 2 other individuals I have less interest in seeing.

As for the Prince's charities - what a hoot! Charles & the entire outmoded "Royal family" is the biggest most expensive charity case of the British taxpayers.

Respect? Admiration? I don't think so. They haven't earned either from me.

I think I'm on the same wave length with Linda7NJ & HbgChick.

13th Juror

Cass - Is that a *advertiser censored* shot of Camilla? :eek: Now, to the question: I wouldn't be particularly interested in meeting them. I imagine that they would be gracious and interesting to talk to for about 10-15 minutes...

nanandjim said:
Cass - Is that a *advertiser censored* shot of Camilla? :eek: .............

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe her dress just slipped - about 10 inches. I have no interest in meeting either of them. It's only because they're royalty that they're not considered trash, IMO.

I'd welcome them.. I don't hold a grudge against him for getting married to Camilla.. She's probably a really nice lady for all we know...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back