1588 users online (343 members and 1245 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Canada - Cheryl McNiven, 46, Brampton Ont, 11 April 2013

Police report Cheryl McNiven was last seen at 60 Sparklett Cres. in Brampton on Thursday (April 11) at around 8:15 a.m.
    http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news...-missing-woman

Actually here is the media release from Peel Regional police:

Brampton – Investigators from the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing 46 year-old female.

Cheryl MCNIVEN was last seen at 60 Sparklett Crescent in Brampton, at approximately 8:15 a.m. on Thursday, April 11, 2013.

Ms. MCNIVEN is described as female, white, 5’2” tall, approximately 130 pounds, with long dark hair. She was last seen wearing a black hoodie.

Ms. MCNIVEN has no access to a vehicle and is known to frequent the Heart Lake area of Brampton.

Please visit our website at www.peelpolice.ca to view a photo of Ms. MCNIVEN.

Police and family members are concerned for the safety of Ms. MCNIVEN because this is completely out of character for her.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Cheryl MCNIVEN is asked to call the Peel Regional Police 22 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.

For media inquiries, please contact the on-duty Public Information Officer, Corporate Communications, at (905) 453-2121, ext. 4027.

http://www.peelpolice.on.ca/en/News/...b-31ae0e9b674d
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

I wonder what Cheryl's family and marital situation is.

I found her daughter's FB page. Her daughter has a different last name, yet is in a relationship with a guy with yet another surname.

As well, I found the FB page of Cheryl's sister, whose last name is McNiven. All of this makes me believe that McNiven was her birth name.

I sincerely hope that this woman is found safe and sound.
    My thoughts are with her loved ones.

ETA: One of her daughters mentions on her FB page that she and her sister and brother are trying to spread the word.
    Last edited by Snoopster; 04-13-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

I think this is Cheryl's LinkedIn page:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/cheryl-mcniven/1a/3a/696
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

The FB page for one of her daughters has the same last name. She requested prayer and help from her page. She is quite young and sweet. My heart goes out to her.
    Ghostrider 66/3/3

I wonder how hard they have looked. The proximity of Heart Lake and her frequenting the Conservation area of Heart lake seems troubling. Maybe she slipped into the lake or maybe something else happened there. The Linked In page seems to be her. If so, she had a decent job and three kids. Like the article said, it seems odd she'd just disappear.
    Ghostrider 66/3/3

I find it interesting that she "didn't have access to a vehicle". I wonder if they meant she jdidn't have access just at the time she went missing or whether they meant generally. Brampton is a suburb of Toronto but doesn't have the best public transit to Toronto. Other suburbs are better connected with more commuter trains and subway connections. While you can take public transit from there, it would be a nuisance unless you worked right in the area.

(Take my comments with a grain of salt as I don't live near Brampton and haven't lived in the GTA for many years.)

Hmmm....I looked up Pillar to Post, assuming she still works there, and their Canadian office is on Eglinton, just south of the 401, near the airport. This isn't "too" far from Brampton and where Cheryl lives. (Perhaps 20 miles and a fairly direct route, so I presume that it would be fairly simple, although time consuming, to get there by bus.)
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

This updated article reports that Cheryl was found deceased last evening, foul play is not suspected. How horribly sad for her family and friends.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news...-missing-woman

Unhappy

Very sad. My heart goes out to the family...
    Ghostrider 66/3/3

Rest in peace, Cheryl.

May her loved keep cherished memories close to their hearts.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours from east coast)
    My condolences to family and friends, I so wish this had turned out differently.

What was reported in the media and some of the details surrounding Cheryl's disappearance do not jibe in this corner. I am very close to the matter. She did have access to a vehicle. Her purse was found in her vehicle, which was left unlocked. I know that foul play isn't suspected, however, I don't know any woman who leaves her purse in the car, unlocked in her driveway, and decides to just walk away.

Cheryl was a strong woman with a good soul.

Quote Originally Posted by CTheory View Post
    What was reported in the media and some of the details surrounding Cheryl's disappearance do not jibe in this corner. I am very close to the matter. She did have access to a vehicle. Her purse was found in her vehicle, which was left unlocked. I know that foul play isn't suspected, however, I don't know any woman who leaves her purse in the car, unlocked in her driveway, and decides to just walk away.

Cheryl was a strong woman with a good soul.
    to Websleuths, CTheory! I'm sorry it is under these circumstances, though.
    Here a , there a , everywhere a