577 users online (74 members and 503 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

Voters
850. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he knew.

    103 12.12%
  • No, he didn't know.

    619 72.82%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

    44 5.18%
  • I don't know

    84 9.88%

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Results 391 to 404 of 404
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    I've been in a relationship but because of the way he has hurt me in the past (emotionally), I do not tell my friends or family if we talk or see each other. Because I know what they'll say. Travis definitely had that issue going on with Chris and Skye. He couldn't tell them things because they were so adamant. That's why, sometimes, it's good to tell your friends what you think, but then give them breathing room enough to still come to you to tell you things you don't want to hear or might not agree with.

    It seemed that some people in his life knew, like Chiantanya, who also "befriended" Jodi. Then, after Jodi left, he seemed more open to tell people some of the craziness. But at the same time, he was still talking to her, unable to shake that draw he had to her.

    Sometimes, being in a psychologically damaging, emotional tug of war relationship like this messes up your mindset to have healthy relationships, and that makes you MORE lonely and LESS likely to move on. This, in turn, makes you talk to that person you are trying to get away from.

    I can imagine some of the rejection Travis was experiencing with Lisa finally being done, Mimi not being interested, and some of those women ping-ponging about coming to see him made him think that he might as well talk to Jodi. And then once he got to talking to her again, he'd realize why he stopped. Cycle, Cycle, cycle.

    Part of it was also that she had some his stuff. Like the journals, pictures, book chapters.
    I don't disagree. I have also been in a toxic relationship and know that emotional, chaotic cycle all too well.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    224
    FYI - also posted this in the other thread...

    Listened to Juan interview on XM radio with Jenny McCarthy....I know, but it was a great interview! He confirms which I hadn't heard before that he did not think Travis was expecting Jodi that day....which I always believed anyways....

    anyway don't know how to create the link, but probably could google her show dirty sexy funny with Jenny McCarthy....how appropriate...lol!

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by neenee15 View Post
    FYI - also posted this in the other thread...

    Listened to Juan interview on XM radio with Jenny McCarthy....I know, but it was a great interview! He confirms which I hadn't heard before that he did not think Travis was expecting Jodi that day....which I always believed anyways....

    anyway don't know how to create the link, but probably could google her show dirty sexy funny with Jenny McCarthy....how appropriate...lol!
    oops oops
    Last edited by RickshawFan; 04-04-2016 at 04:28 PM.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,550
    Quote Originally Posted by neenee15 View Post
    FYI - also posted this in the other thread...

    Listened to Juan interview on XM radio with Jenny McCarthy....I know, but it was a great interview! He confirms which I hadn't heard before that he did not think Travis was expecting Jodi that day....which I always believed anyways....

    anyway don't know how to create the link, but probably could google her show dirty sexy funny with Jenny McCarthy....how appropriate...lol!
    I agree. I don't believe TA was expecting Jodi that day; she had put way too much effort into premeditation and coverup plans to risk him possibly saying anything to anyone.

    I do not believe Travis was in a frame of mind around that time to allow her back into his life, not even for old times' sake; he was breaking free for good by then and I do not see him having fallen off the wagon again. Yes, he had in the past, but things were very different now and he knew Arias was a psycho and could not be trusted and I believe he would not have agreed in advance to see her even for a booty call.

    If she contacted him saying she had some of his things to return or had a check for him and would drop by, that would put her at risk of him possibly mentioning the pending visit to someone. While Travis might have been too embarrassed to admit to being taken in again to mention a pending sexual encounter to anyone, I don't believe he would have had the same reservations about mentioning her stopping by to drop off something of his or money she owed him, or whatever her ruse might have been. And I think Jodi was aware of how he might behave in both scenarios so I just cannot accept that she would risk anyone learning that she was expected anywhere near Travis or his home that fateful day.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    (...)
    And I think Jodi was aware of how he might behave in both scenarios so I just cannot accept that she would risk anyone learning that she was expected anywhere near Travis or his home that fateful day.
    I agree that she would have not have told him she was arriving. The risk of ruining carefully premeditated acts was too high. Also, her hesitance in the interview with Detective Flores was palpable. You can see her weighing up which story would work best for her and struggling to think fast enough to compose a 'good' lie.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialWatcher View Post
    I agree that she would have not have told him she was arriving. The risk of ruining carefully premeditated acts was too high. Also, her hesitance in the interview with Detective Flores was palpable. You can see her weighing up which story would work best for her and struggling to think fast enough to compose a 'good' lie.
    Yes, I found that very telling from Juan's interview. Obviously there was a lot he thought happened that day but couldn't really prove, or didn't need to go there to get a conviction.

    If I remember correctly Mccarthy asked him when did she really put the luggage in the car and where was her car? He said she never really answered directly kept going in circles, but he didn't offer an analogy..... so he thinks a lot is suspect on her time frames of that day.

    He did say that whenever she did show up that somehow she squirmed her way in there and he let her in and he also believes photos/sex happened along with the photo shoot later.

    He did say emphatically that people were suggesting there was a gun on him in latter pics in photo session.. He denies that was the case and that Travis never saw it coming... Completely off guard! What a witch!

    I thought it was a really good interview, but you have to get passed some language on the show though!

    I have to say that I was one of the last wanting to believe that they didn't have sex that day and that she surprised him in the shower later, but after hearing Martinez say so many times that it did I have to believe he knows more about the case the anyone😔

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    480
    My regard for Martinez is also high and I trust that he chose the strongest evidence based on a mountain of possibilities. The timeframes outside the evidence produced in court (timestamped photos) are problematic. Her inability to provide a convincing explanation for the simplest time questions points to more Arias lies.

    I was surprised when Juan Martinez agreed to the stipulation that Arias was not holding any weapons just before the sitting down shower photo. The notorious 'eye reflection' evidence may have been more compelling when viewed on vastly more powerful lab equipment. Maybe Juan knows more about this evidence? Or perhaps he decided keeping the eye reflection evidence out was more important? My instinct is that she forced him into the shower and to pose. The pictures are simply so unnatural. Yet, I have to seriously consider the evidence and Juan's opinion. Like you, I believe he knows far more about the case than anyone. I look forward to a day when he can speak more freely.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Beautiful Great Lakes!!
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharmila View Post
    After many calls to him on her way to change his mind not to tell people about her. I think she arrived on the day of the murder perhaps slept in the car watching to see if everyone but Travis leaves the house. She crept in while he might have been asleep.. when he woke up she takes that photo when he flips her the bird, looking annoyed. I think her nudie photos are all selfies perhaps taken using a timer along with the KY. She begged pleaded and twisted and manipulated him. It didnt work so she butchered him as plan B.
    After much thought, I agree with this. Back to lurking and thanking !


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #399
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5
    NO!! I think when she called him she asked naturally how he's doing blah blah and then.. Was his roommates home? What are they up to tonite? Then... Surprise!!

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Only4Justice View Post
    After much thought, I agree with this. Back to lurking and thanking !


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The evidence disproves Sharmila's theory. I assume you have looked at the sequence of photographs. The possibility of him waking, being snapped and flipping her the bird doesn't fit the time sequence. I have bolded the most important time points:

    The photos show circumstantial evidence of sexual intercourse which is overwhelming. Two naked people. Naked individual and graphic shots of both of them. Expert verified, time-stamped photographs. Not one jury member questioned whether sexual activity took place. On both trials. The defence didn't find anything to discredit the sequence or time stamps. Juan Martinez described sexual arousal from Travis.

    What would be photographic proof to satisfy the relatively few people doubting sex took place? It's a serious question. "Internal' and external multiple cameras? Juan Martinez details the time sequence in a quote from Conviction below:

    "The initial photograph in the first group, which was snapped at 1: 42: 53 P.M.,"

    "Flores then showed me the other five photographs that had been taken during the same afternoon session. One, snapped at 1: 44: 00 P.M., was a close-up shot of Arias’ anal and vaginal areas. Another, taken by Arias fifty seconds later, showed Travis naked and on his back, exhibiting his erect penis. In the foreground of that photograph was a bottle of KY personal lubricant."

    I have read claims that Arias took the graphic photos of herself. Examining the time sequence:

    1.42:53 Travis is photographing Arias. She is naked. His knee is in the shot.

    Arias then has one minute and seven seconds to get up - as Travis watches - and take a very graphic close-up of herself from BEHIND. Not an easy shot. How would that work? In barely a minute she jumps up, sets up a tripod? Sets up the self-timer? Then gets into that a very awkward position to photograph from behind without assistance? Travis watches her take a graphic pic of herself? Even though he had just been taking photographs of her barely a minute before? Even though he detailed the sexual pics he would enjoy taking of her just weeks earlier?

    Sexual interaction took place. No doubt in my mind. The evidence is convincing.


  11. #401
    No, absolutely not, he had no idea; he was done with her, she wouldn't have blown up her own perfect subterfuge under the radar alibi (lol) by telling him, he accepted an offer to go camping the night of June 3rd with his new GF Brooke, discussed on the same day, but it didn't work out.

    The question JM never answered (didn't need to at trial) is how he thinks Travis responded initially to having the psycho POS surprise or ambush Travis at his own house, given JM has said repeatedly he doesn't believe Travis knew the POS was coming to his house.

    As for sex that day. Yes, it seems that happened. The grimness (at best) of what it signified is written on both their faces. Whatever the sexual interaction, it wasn't a mutually enjoyable last romp or a relapse into addiction.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post

    As for sex that day. Yes, it seems that happened. The grimness (at best) of what it signified is written on both their faces. Whatever the sexual interaction, it wasn't a mutually enjoyable last romp or a relapse into addiction.
    The evidence of sex that day is overwhelming. The jury believed they had sex. Both juries. The photographic evidence is strong and the value of that evidence emphasised by Juan Martinez in his book.

    There is no evidence that day about how enjoyable it was. Mutually or by either participants. Sure, the photographs hardly look joyful. Yet they are snapshots of the event not proof of how they felt. Only Travis could answer that. The evidence on the sex tapes - just weeks earlier - show that TA found Arias sexually attractive. He wanted to have sex with her. Opinions on what they felt or thought on June 4 are just opinion. The only person who could honestly answer has been silenced forever by savage, slaughtering, shameless, evil Arias.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,667
    I believe is was a tryst that he enjoyed as she planned his death the whole time.
    I can't help but be so sad for someone who has no idea what is coming.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

    All my posts are my opinion only.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    between NOLA and Laffy
    Posts
    1,937
    Tbh, I don't think it matters if they had sex or not. Obviously, she was just a hookup to him. Not a girlfriend. They kind of hung out and did buddy stuff and had sex/made out occasionally. She fixated on him because he was the latest gravy train/Captain Save Em All. Travis liked helping people, pretty girls, and sex. She checked all the boxes (to him anyway). It's a common guy thing.

    My theory? She called him and faked being lost/flat tire/car trouble, something. Travis said if she had trouble and was nearby than to come over. It was the "invitation" that she needed. It's like when you say "oh if you're in town, stop by!" and you don't actually mean it. Its polite conversation.

    Arias had no boundaries. Travis was a decent guy. She probably arrived at a weird hour and walked in, surprising Travis.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 282
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 05:53 AM
  2. Replies: 1969
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 09:26 PM
  3. Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?
    By gaia227 in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 813
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM