View Poll Results: Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

Voters
802. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he knew.

97 12.09%
  • No, he didn't know.

581 72.44%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

41 5.11%
  • I don't know

83 10.35%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    She didn't. I think she thought he'd have Mimi in his bed, and she'd kill her too!
    Ala Betty Broderick?

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SevenSeas For This Useful Post:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SevenSeas View Post
    Ala Betty Broderick?
    Don't recall the details of that one...
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I don't think he really wanted to see her... So she didn't let him know she was coming...

However... On another WS thread... There is reported evidence from HLN that JA made quite a few phone calls (to TA) on her trip...

I don't know what to think of that...

JMO
    ----------
    hi, i dont know what to think about HLN but didnt she have her phone shut off? I voted no. He was through with her.
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

If he knew she was coming, then I would have to think it wasn't premeditated.

If he knew, then he would possibly tell other people. I don't think she EVER told him, not even on the phone that day. He could have told a roommate or whoever. Makes no sense to plan everything the way she did and then tell him she was coming and chance him telling others.

IMO

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Renee110 For This Useful Post:

She had Travis' Facebook and e-mail passwords and Travis was on the computer the night Jodi was headed for his place. He would have had to keep up with his network of PPL people and advising them of his comings and goings. Plus lots of his social life would have been arranged or discussed online and he probably USED his online calendar to keep track of both his work and social schedule. Most "flirts" keep their Facebook window open and their chat on, when they are online. Which would have been a big hint that Travis was home and not in bed with another woman the night before he was murdered.

I think Jodi hacked into Travis' computer several times a day to keep up with his comings and goings. That way she could be "involved" in his life and feel close to him even when they were hundreds of miles apart and Travis wasn't speaking to her.

Despite the DV's expert opinion, I think Jodi stalked and went after her man with the same gusto that Seal Team 6 went after Bin Laden.

IMO
    Last edited by Jolynna; 04-15-2013 at 12:39 AM.

The more thought I give it, the more I think he wasn't expecting her. JA's testimony is that she parked the rental car in the space she usually used, the middle spot in TA's driveway. The roommates would have had to noticed this car when leaving for work, if this is true.

JA also said that TA was up on his computer, with the Napoleon by his side when she was at the door. Even creepier, she stated she watched TA in his office before he noticed. TA's street looks fairly quiet, so again if this were true one would think that the dog would start barking at the sound of a car, lights on, etc pulling into the driveway. JA specifically said the dog didn't bark. I call BS. Unknown car, late at night = the dog is going to bark.

After murdering TA, JA sent an email that w/ something like: sorry I didn't visit, you were just too busy hon! don't be sad! what was the purpose of mentioning NOT visiting and the fact he was too busy? Knowing she wrote it thinking it would be used to prove her innocence, I think that this was his response when she pushed for a visit -- I'm too busy, working and getting ready for Cancun.

TA brushed her off, maybe rattled off his schedule for the next few days to prove how much he had to do. I think this is partly why she showed up at 4AM, because he'd definitely be there, alone (in his bedroom at least). I think she was also focused on doing something crazy with her hard drive, lap top and TA's lap top. Probably parked down the street, snuck in, did the computer stuff - taking about 1 hr and 1/2. Leaves, gets breakfast maybe and comes back after the roommates are gone and parks in the spot and pretends she's just stopping through, and maybe TA was already awake and cleaning, putting together the mop and surprise.

If the roommates didn't notice a random car there in the morning or hear anyone come into the house late that night (dog bark, door open, headlights, voices, the youtube videos) then I don't think anyone knew she was in the house at 4AM. And if TA was paranoid about his roommates suspecting he was having sex with JA, I doubt he'd want to watch videos in his office when they could want a drink from the kitchen. Also doubt he'd let her park in plain sight, either.

She didn't. I think she thought he'd have Mimi in his bed, and she'd kill her too!
    That triggered a thought in my head. Maybe that was why JA had both gun and knife. Maybe she had planned a murder /suicide. TA stabs Mimi and then writes good-bye note (forged by JA), and shoots self. Possible?
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

the bottle of KY could have been brought by Jodi just as a photo prop to make it look like they had sex, just like the picture of Caylee reaching for the sliding glass door handle- illusion that proves nothing.
    I think the picture of Travis on the bed looks very different than all the others. Almost as if it was taken by a camera phone, secretly. Isn't that the only picture with "unallocated clusters" printed on it? I wonder if she at some point put her memory card into the camera and deleted. It doesn't look like the photo of TA was taken with his new camera.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to creepingskills For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    That triggered a thought in my head. Maybe that was why JA had both gun and knife. Maybe she had planned a murder /suicide. TA stabs Mimi and then writes good-bye note (forged by JA), and shoots self. Possible?
    RE: Mimi - I just realized JA died her hair brown in 3/08, the very same month TA goes his first 3 dates with Mimi. That must've been so bizarre, she was trying to mold into what she thought he wanted.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to creepingskills For This Useful Post:

I voted no. The reasons have already been stated much more eloquently than I could.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to newsjunkie For This Useful Post:

I have to say that I really don't know. At first, I thought maybe she called him kind of at the last minute - like maybe around midnight or so. But then I saw that interrogation tape where Det. Flores is using a map he drew on a tablet and pointing out where her phone stopped pinging. So unless she had another phone with her, she was not using her phone and it was not being picked up on cell towers per Det. Flores.

I do not know what time she arrived, but don't necessarily believe her tidy little story. I absolutely do not think she parked in his driveway. Yes, the roomate would have noticed a strange car. So she parked somewhere else. Which could very well lead to the whole sneaking in thing.

But I do think they had sex, based on the appearance of both his and her (ugh) genitalia. How did she talk him into it? I really don't think it would have been all THAT difficult if she was right there in front of him, slinging some story about just wanting to say goodbye. He was obviously a horny dude, and there she was.

And I agree that we will likely never really know how it really went down.

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysShocked For This Useful Post:

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    RE: Mimi - I just realized JA died her hair brown in 3/08, the very same month TA goes his first 3 dates with Mimi. That must've been so bizarre, she was trying to mold into what she thought he wanted.
    There's that too, but Lisa was a blonde... and Jodi is a natural brunette, was blonde when she rented the car, and dyed it on the trip down to disguise herself because everybody in Mesa knew her as a blonde.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Not to be but then what was the KY on the bed, and his penis looked like it had engaged in some sort of activity (red). This from the image of him on the bed. I do believe they had sex that day (6/4).

Just my opinion.

Mel
    Apparently there are other photos in Police possession of the sexual acts in progress from what I have read.
    be yourself...everyone else is taken...

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RinkyDink For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RinkyDink View Post
    Apparently there are other photos in Police possession of the sexual acts in progress from what I have read.
    maybe two photos? and your avatar gave me whiplash, my own fault though,
    'holy cow!'

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RATTKATT For This Useful Post:

Don't recall the details of that one...
    Wow, that's a big coincidence, I only learned about her for the first time today and had just closed a tab before I read your post!

She killed her ex husband and his new wife - walked in and shot them while they slept.

Here's the wikipedia page.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Broderick"]Betty Broderick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fruity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
    I voted "no" he didn't know.

You don't plan a murder, drive all that way undetected with murder weapons and an alibi and tell the person you are going to kill you are on your way. Too dangerous. He may have texted her saying "hey, are you almost here"?

If he was expecting her I believe there would have been more phone communication as she got closer to his house. She says he supposedly waited up for him. If he did I think there would have been texting back and forth or calls. "hey Travis, I should be there in another hour, just stopping for gas". You know...the kind of communication "normal" people would have on a road trip.

I think he was sleeping when she got there and she got in through the doggie door and crawled naked into his bed and "woke" him up if you know what I mean. Prior to that I think she checked his computer and that is why there is activity on it at 4 a.m. Stalk his email, then go look at something innocuous such as YouTube then go hop in bed and start her seduction. Sex was the only thing she had.
    I voted "other- yes and no" but after reading other posts changed my mind to "NO" and beleive a senerio similar to this, like KMouse.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BDLovely For This Useful Post:

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I don't think he really wanted to see her... So she didn't let him know she was coming...

However... On another WS thread... There is reported evidence from HLN that JA made quite a few phone calls (to TA) on her trip...

I don't know what to think of that...

JMO
    Consider the source and the INTENTIONAL phone calls. HLN get's it wrong everyday. Vinnie P has to correct the other TH's.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

On June 26th, he told her she was evil, called her a sociopath, and said she was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Two days later her grandfather reported his gun stolen. He did not know she was coming. Shes not going to rent a car, dye her hair, turn off the phone before the Arizona boarder, and then announce her arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by fruity View Post
    Wow, that's a big coincidence, I only learned about her for the first time today and had just closed a tab before I read your post!

She killed her ex husband and his new wife - walked in and shot them while they slept.

Here's the wikipedia page.
    Betty Broderick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I remember this case. She said she did not go there to kill them. She claims she went there to commit suicude in front of them. She wanted to tell them " look what you made me do". She said her x knew all the DAs and the judges so there was no child support enforcement. Her ex was loaded. He refused to pay. His new wife would send her postcards that said "eat your heart out *****"everytime they went on vacation. She said she turned the gun on them at the last moment .

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deedee21 For This Useful Post:

deedee: You mean May, right?

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysShocked For This Useful Post:

Does it make me a bad person if I really enjoyed the Betty Broderick TV movie? That was awesome tv. And I really liked the Drew Peterson one.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiger09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    She had Travis' Facebook and e-mail passwords and Travis was on the computer the night Jodi was headed for his place. He would have had to keep up with his network of PPL people and advising them of his comings and goings. Plus lots of his social life would have been arranged or discussed online and he probably USED his online calendar to keep track of both his work and social schedule. Most "flirts" keep their Facebook window open and their chat on, when they are online. Which would have been a big hint that Travis was home and not in bed with another woman the night before he was murdered.

I think Jodi hacked into Travis' computer several times a day to keep up with his comings and goings. That way she could be "involved" in his life and feel close to him even when they were hundreds of miles apart and Travis wasn't speaking to her.

Despite the DV's expert opinion, I think Jodi stalked and went after her man with the same gusto that Seal Team 6 went after Bin Laden.

IMO

I think you are right. She never lost the phone with sex tape. She had two phones with her when she went to see Travis. Were smart phones around in 2008? Did she use the other phone to keep track of what he was doing on the computer while she traveling to his house?

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trudy For This Useful Post:

They had kind of smart phones- the iPhone came out 1st gen in 07 but it was only on AT&T and was 600 bucks maybe more. Blackberrys and sidekicks were around, but not as good as now. She had a helio- the MySpace phone which was not so great- bad rep. With her income, she probably had that helio and maybe a prepaid phone. Those have been around forever. Oh and only recently could you get iPhones prepaid and they're six hundred with no protection plan FYI. Not worth it. I doubt she had an iPhone.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiger09 For This Useful Post:

I am of the mind that it is a yes and no answer.

Yes, he knew she had the potential to show up.

No, he did not invite her or ask her to come. Honestly, in the recording she mentions going to Utah. He knew she was going. Maybe she shared what the plan was.

As time went by on 6/3 and 6/4 he thought he was safe and she wasn't going to show up. She probably had mentioned at least once in those calls that day she wanted to stop by.

I don't think he asked her to come, but I don't think he knew for a fact she wouldn't show up. He was already well aware of her stalking, showing up unannounced.

K

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

No, he did not. I know that.
    Stephanie Hart, P.I.
    Southern California
    @StephAnnHart

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StephanieHartPI For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast