1281 users online (261 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man wants the right to have his eyes closed in license photo

Billy Reed just lost a 19-month battle to protect his rights, or what he believes is his right to have his eyes closed in his driver's license photo.

But Reed, 49, of Fleetwood, Berks County, said he might appeal yesterday's Commonwealth Court ruling against him to the state Supreme Court.

A three-judge panel of the Commonwealth Court rejected Reed's arguments in a published opinion, in which it found that the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's requirement that subjects keep their eyes open for the photograph is reasonable.

Reed claimed there is no law supporting PennDOT's position and that the law requires only that a person submit to a photograph. He argued that PennDOT was violating his right to freedom of expression, due process and his "right to happiness."

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriot...2240212771.xml

He should come to GA. At least one of my eyes is always closed on my DL. I think the camera are rigged to make you look like a criminal. And don't you just love it when you show it and get snickered at?????

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Billy Reed just lost a 19-month battle to protect his rights, or what he believes is his right to have his eyes closed in his driver's license photo.

But Reed, 49, of Fleetwood, Berks County, said he might appeal yesterday's Commonwealth Court ruling against him to the state Supreme Court.

A three-judge panel of the Commonwealth Court rejected Reed's arguments in a published opinion, in which it found that the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's requirement that subjects keep their eyes open for the photograph is reasonable.

Reed claimed there is no law supporting PennDOT's position and that the law requires only that a person submit to a photograph. He argued that PennDOT was violating his right to freedom of expression, due process and his "right to happiness."

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriot...2240212771.xml
    I wish I had so much *time* on my hands so I could be trying to take a stand on something so silly. This is just ridiculous and such a waste of our court's time.

Lady Sleuth
    Jmho

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sleuth
    I wish I had so much *time* on my hands so I could be trying to take a stand on something so silly. This is just ridiculous and such a waste of our court's time.

Lady Sleuth
    Jmho

You read my mind exactly!!! Give this guy some community service or something, geez!