1349 users online (268 members and 1081 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wow, maybe Cher wasn't so thrilled

We've all read how supportive, yada, yada, but now, maybe not so much?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...formation.html

In public she's made every attempt to support her son Chaz Bono in his transgender journey.

But it seems behind the scenes Cher found it harder to cope with the transformation.

The singer and her son, who was born daughter Chastity, have agreed to a take a 'personal time-out' from Cher.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2QXFoSwie
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder how many other "supportive" parents have felt this way. Lots, I just betcha. My best friend, a real good Christian, had to alter her stance to take in the fact her own daughter was gay. Now she believes God evolves along with the times, LOL. Yeah, right, that wasn't at all what she was spouting prior to the daughter's revelation.

Hey, do your thing, be who you are, you will answer to the higher power, not me. The thing is, let's not all pretned everything is beautiful, 'cause it ain't, and there is evidence in the above.

Mothers and their children disagree sometimes. it may have nothing to do with gender identity at all. maybe just one of those disagreements we all have, regardless of love.

Cher couldn't have been too thrilled when Twitter's #Nowthatchersdead hashtag was misread by some as Now that Cher's dead and tweets with mini-eulogies began appearing.

The singer and her son, who was born daughter Chastity, have agreed to a take a 'personal time-out' from Cher.
    How does this work? How does Cher take a personal timeout from Cher?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    How does this work? How does Cher take a personal timeout from Cher?
    I wondered about that myself. When things get that crazy I bet a lot of things are/were said that don't make total sense to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Cher couldn't have been too thrilled when Twitter's #Nowthatchersdead hashtag was misread by some as Now that Cher's dead and tweets with mini-eulogies began appearing.
    I only had to read it 4 times before I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I wondered about that myself. When things get that crazy I bet a lot of things are/were said that don't make total sense to the rest of us.
    Yeah...

Maybe just bad editing and it was meant to say break from each other but came out wrong?

It was in Daily Mail, which features a number of, how would one say - curious grammatical constructs.

I've often thought about taking a break from myself- putting myself in time out..........

Sometimes I deserve it!

Who knows, maybe Chaz was as unaccepting of Cher's hairdo in that picture as well...
    This justice system is so one-sided on so many levels...

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    I've often thought about taking a break from myself- putting myself in time out..........

Sometimes I deserve it!
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

When Chasity came out of the closet, many moons ago back before she transformed into Chaz, Cher had a hard time accepting it... so this doesn't surprised me that there are still issues between the 2, even after the public fanfare that Cher took part in, when Chasity followed her own nature and became Chaz.

Love Cher, but it baffles me how she openly and willingly embraces her gay icon status, yet she has a hard time coping with her own child being gay/transgender.

My take on it is that dealing with your child making such a difficult choice would be difficult on you because your instinct is to protect your child and keep them from harm. Perhaps Cher has difficulty dealing with the problems that Chaz will no doubt encounter as a public figure who has made such a drastic or controversial (to some) choice.

There are a lot of hateful, stupid people out there spouting hate and bullying people online using the anonymity of the internet. It can be such a scary world for transgender people in dealing privately with their issues, much less dealing with them publicly.

meh, much ado about nothing, that's life. Parents aren't perfect, neither are kids and neither is life. Slow news day?

It was much more amusing to read that people where mistaking the twittter hashtag that said "NowThatcherIsGone" was being mistaken as "NowThatCherIsGone" and people were posting postumous tributes to Cher.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Oh my God you have no idea HOW long that took me to read correctly.

Well, the way I understand it, Chaz's situation isn't "gay" nor would/should he be called a lesbian. The transgender is a whole different situation then being gay. They are people who feel their outer physical body is not the "right gender", so he isn't a lesbian who simply wanted to change "plumbing", but a female body that contained what he felt was male "emotional make up". Not really the expression I was looking for, but closest I could come up with.

I think there have always been issues with Cher and Chaz. With Chaz identifying as male pretty much from youth, I can easily imagine Cher being the feminine person she is, really doing up the girly thing for her daughter which as Chaz matured probably became a pretty heated issue between them. Not sure there's been a lot of closeness between them from well before Chaz caim out first as lesbian and then acknowledged her feelings of sexual missassignment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast