Wow, maybe Cher wasn't so thrilled

Trident

Former Member
Reaction score
We've all read how supportive, yada, yada, but now, maybe not so much?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Cher-break-struggles-cope-transformation.html

In public she's made every attempt to support her son Chaz Bono in his transgender journey.

But it seems behind the scenes Cher found it harder to cope with the transformation.

The singer and her son, who was born daughter Chastity, have agreed to a take a 'personal time-out' from Cher.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...uggles-cope-transformation.html#ixzz2QXFoSwie
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder how many other "supportive" parents have felt this way. Lots, I just betcha. My best friend, a real good Christian, had to alter her stance to take in the fact her own daughter was gay. Now she believes God evolves along with the times, LOL. Yeah, right, that wasn't at all what she was spouting prior to the daughter's revelation.

Hey, do your thing, be who you are, you will answer to the higher power, not me. The thing is, let's not all pretned everything is beautiful, 'cause it ain't, and there is evidence in the above.

Mothers and their children disagree sometimes. it may have nothing to do with gender identity at all. maybe just one of those disagreements we all have, regardless of love.

Cher couldn't have been too thrilled when Twitter's #Nowthatchersdead hashtag was misread by some as Now that Cher's dead and tweets with mini-eulogies began appearing.

The singer and her son, who was born daughter Chastity, have agreed to a take a 'personal time-out' from Cher.

How does this work? How does Cher take a personal timeout from Cher?

How does this work? How does Cher take a personal timeout from Cher?

I wondered about that myself. When things get that crazy I bet a lot of things are/were said that don't make total sense to the rest of us.

Cher couldn't have been too thrilled when Twitter's #Nowthatchersdead hashtag was misread by some as Now that Cher's dead and tweets with mini-eulogies began appearing.

I only had to read it 4 times before I got it. :D

I wondered about that myself. When things get that crazy I bet a lot of things are/were said that don't make total sense to the rest of us.

Yeah...

Maybe just bad editing and it was meant to say break from each other but came out wrong?

It was in Daily Mail, which features a number of, how would one say - curious grammatical constructs.

I've often thought about taking a break from myself- putting myself in time out..........

Sometimes I deserve it!

Who knows, maybe Chaz was as unaccepting of Cher's hairdo in that picture as well...

When Chasity came out of the closet, many moons ago back before she transformed into Chaz, Cher had a hard time accepting it... so this doesn't surprised me that there are still issues between the 2, even after the public fanfare that Cher took part in, when Chasity followed her own nature and became Chaz.

Love Cher, but it baffles me how she openly and willingly embraces her gay icon status, yet she has a hard time coping with her own child being gay/transgender.

My take on it is that dealing with your child making such a difficult choice would be difficult on you because your instinct is to protect your child and keep them from harm. Perhaps Cher has difficulty dealing with the problems that Chaz will no doubt encounter as a public figure who has made such a drastic or controversial (to some) choice.

There are a lot of hateful, stupid people out there spouting hate and bullying people online using the anonymity of the internet. It can be such a scary world for transgender people in dealing privately with their issues, much less dealing with them publicly.

meh, much ado about nothing, that's life. Parents aren't perfect, neither are kids and neither is life. Slow news day?

It was much more amusing to read that people where mistaking the twittter hashtag that said "NowThatcherIsGone" was being mistaken as "NowThatCherIsGone" and people were posting postumous tributes to Cher.

Oh my God you have no idea HOW long that took me to read correctly.

Well, the way I understand it, Chaz's situation isn't "gay" nor would/should he be called a lesbian. The transgender is a whole different situation then being gay. They are people who feel their outer physical body is not the "right gender", so he isn't a lesbian who simply wanted to change "plumbing", but a female body that contained what he felt was male "emotional make up". Not really the expression I was looking for, but closest I could come up with.

I think there have always been issues with Cher and Chaz. With Chaz identifying as male pretty much from youth, I can easily imagine Cher being the feminine person she is, really doing up the girly thing for her daughter which as Chaz matured probably became a pretty heated issue between them. Not sure there's been a lot of closeness between them from well before Chaz caim out first as lesbian and then acknowledged her feelings of sexual missassignment.

When Chasity came out of the closet, many moons ago back before she transformed into Chaz, Cher had a hard time accepting it... so this doesn't surprised me that there are still issues between the 2, even after the public fanfare that Cher took part in, when Chasity followed her own nature and became Chaz.

Love Cher, but it baffles me how she openly and willingly embraces her gay icon status, yet she has a hard time coping with her own child being gay/transgender.

Couldn't agree more with your last paragraph, it baffles me being such a HUGE gay icon, that she could struggle with this..

BUT.... It would be a very difficult situation to be in and I really can't say what I would myself do, would I be hurt? Maybe would I blame myself? Probably.

Here's hoping Chaz & Cher get the healing they need

Cher herself has said openly that her feelings are hypocritical and she isn't proud of them. Personally, I admire her for admitting that it is one thing to believe in equality for all and quite another to get used to the idea that your daughter is now your son.

In my own case, my mother did her best to be supportive and was always kind to my husband. (I'm speaking in the past tense because her Alzheimer's is so severe, who knows what she thinks now?)

But my siblings tell me that behind my back she struggled greatly with the fact that both of her sons were gay. I can only wish she were as open as Cher--for her own sake and for my brother's. Maybe I could have helped them adjust if I had known there was a problem.

...I wonder how many other "supportive" parents have felt this way. Lots, I just betcha. My best friend, a real good Christian, had to alter her stance to take in the fact her own daughter was gay. Now she believes God evolves along with the times, LOL. Yeah, right, that wasn't at all what she was spouting prior to the daughter's revelation.

Hey, do your thing, be who you are, you will answer to the higher power, not me. The thing is, let's not all pretend everything is beautiful, 'cause it ain't, and there is evidence in the above.

God doesn't evolve with the times, but if we use the brains God gave us, our knowledge increases and our ignorance decreases.

You seem to think you have "proven" something because some parents have problems with their openly gay children. Far more parents have had problems with their children marrying people of a different race, religion or social class!

So? Lots of parents have to give up the fantasy they have of their child in favor of the reality, just as children have to give up their fantasies of their parents and accept that Mom and Dad are just human after all.

And for the record, Cher has NEVER said she wishes her son had stayed in the closet.

Has Cher actually said anything lately? The two could be fussing over money or something totally unrelated.

Well, the way I understand it, Chaz's situation isn't "gay" nor would/should he be called a lesbian. The transgender is a whole different situation then being gay. They are people who feel their outer physical body is not the "right gender", so he isn't a lesbian who simply wanted to change "plumbing", but a female body that contained what he felt was male "emotional make up". Not really the expression I was looking for, but closest I could come up with.

I think there have always been issues with Cher and Chaz. With Chaz identifying as male pretty much from youth, I can easily imagine Cher being the feminine person she is, really doing up the girly thing for her daughter which as Chaz matured probably became a pretty heated issue between them. Not sure there's been a lot of closeness between them from well before Chaz caim out first as lesbian and then acknowledged her feelings of sexual missassignment.

Since Chaz first came out as lesbian and then came out again as transgendered, I use both terms depending on the context.

But you are absolutely correct: Chaz is a female-to-male transgender who, as far as I know, dates women. That makes her heterosexual, even under the law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back