1228 users online (244 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,107 of 1107
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    As an aside, I dont understand why lack of graphic photos means we are all in denial. I dont need to see it to know it is there. I dont need to see it to feel the horror of it. I am not entitled to see the body parts of peoples loved ones spread all over the place-I get that a crime has been committed against them, whether here or on foreign soil. And in the political arena I have an incredible hatred for the term "collateral damage."
    I waver on this. IMO Americans tend to be extremely insular about what goes on in the rest of the world, especially when it comes to war, death, destruction that our own country has had a hand in. We SHOULD see what is happening, and what we have contributed to bringing about. The folks who die around the world should be more than just statistics to us.

At the same time, it seems extremely hypocritical that we should be so protective about Americans who have died, yet we have no problem seeing pics of violence happening far away.

I have no answers. I just wish we here could collectively somehow empathize more with others around the world who live with this kind of violence happening on a regular basis. I don't know how to get us to do that, as a nation. I do encourage everyone to always view a wide range of media from not just the US, but around the world, so that we get a fuller picture.

I don't know. So sad over this, and all violence, wherever it happens.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Zippers? Who puts zippers in a freaking bomb??
    Nails and blades make sense... but ZIPPERS?!
    The thinking behind it is probably that zippers being blasted could act like a knife - long metal tiny "teeth" thrown at a high rate of speed with lots of power behind it, landing the right way, could cut a leg right off.

That's just me imagining it, I could be wrong.

Andrew Ryan ‏@GlobeAndrewRyan 10s
    Press conference lineup Gov. Patrick, Mayor Menino, Senator Warren, FBI, ATF, US Attorney, Police Commish Davis, State Police, Suffolk DA
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

suspicious vehicle in Canton MA-suspicious item inside the vehicle. I would say everyone is on edge...this is near the Baystate School of Technology.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    As an aside, I dont understand why lack of graphic photos means we are all in denial. I dont need to see it to know it is there. I dont need to see it to feel the horror of it. I am not entitled to see the body parts of peoples loved ones spread all over the place-I get that a crime has been committed against them, whether here or on foreign soil. And in the political arena I have an incredible hatred for the term "collateral damage."
    I completely agree with this statement. Thank you, Believe. I watched this developing news from the beginning and had to turn it off. Not because I was in any denial, but because all I could think of were all the friends and family watching the news coverage. The sheer pain that must have gripped their very souls in not knowing where their beloveds were.

I have a friend who went to support the runners of the marathon and it was *hours* before he could be in touch with anyone or anyone to him. He was very lucky, but did hear and feel the force of explosions. He stated the panic he felt for students he was concerned about. It was horrific.

Just my couple of pennies worth of opinion...
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Has the pc started yet?
    if not please move to this thread.
    Explosion Boston Marathon #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    if it has started we will until it is over
    Last edited by KateB; 06-20-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

A few miles away from the finish line and around the same time, a fire broke out at the John F. Kennedy Library. The police commissioner said that it may have been caused by an incendiary device but that it was not clear whether it was related to the bombings.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-16-06-30-45

Authorities gave no details on the search. Investigators were seen leaving a building there early Tuesday carrying brown paper bags, plastic trash bags and a duffel bag.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

“Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Looks like they got a propane tank sitting outside that car.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Zippers? Who puts zippers in a freaking bomb??
    Nails and blades make sense... but ZIPPERS?!
    Maybe the zippers were part of the backpack?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

No, not started yet.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Last edited by KateB; 06-20-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74