Found Deceased CA - Mary Louise Day, 12, Seaside, 1980

alllads

Reaction score
Mary Louise Day

day_mary.jpg
MLDay1.jpg
day_mary_ap.jpg

Endangered Missing from Seaside, California since 1980

Age: 12 -- Height: 5'8" -- Weight: 120 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Mary was last seen at her home in the spring of 1980. She left home to go to school and never returned. She has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2990dfca.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_mary.html

There's a thread for her in Missing Children in America - A Profile that also has a NamUs link https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6003/0/, but it appears to have been taken down.

I find this one really upsetting - a 12 year old disappears and no one even knows what month, much less date?

Have heard back about the NamUs profile, she is still missing, it's just been taken down temporarily.

The second of the matches is not a possibility, body was found in January 1980 and Mary Louise was last seen in the Spring.

Apparently Seaside Police closed the case in 2003 (???) and have no further information at all.

The face looks possible, but the height is way off. Also I think the missing date for Mary is known to be Spring 1980, but is no longer clear on WHEN in the spring (maybe that information was lost when the file was transferred?).

I agree about the height. I think 5' 8" is very tall for a 12 year old. I was mostly concentrating on the faces and hoping for a mistake in the height and the date Mary went missing. Spring is only 4-5 months after the UID was found. The facial similarities got me excited!

It's possible Mary could have been mistaken for older than 12 due to her height (she may have developed early in other ways too then, dentals or overall frame). But as she was very tall I think that many inches off is too much. The unfortunately thing is that even if it was a match it would be unlikely Seaside PD would look at it as they've closed the case.

Has anyone asked Seaside police WHY this case is closed? I can't believe how little information is available for a twelve-year-old missing girl.

Has anyone asked Seaside police WHY this case is closed? I can't believe how little information is available for a twelve-year-old missing girl.

It was all very "door closed" when I asked about ANYTHING to do with the case.

It was all very "door closed" when I asked about ANYTHING to do with the case.

Thanks alllads. That just piques my curiosity more.

Is it possible that there are so few details because something or someone is being covered up? That probably makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the whole thing is weird.

Mary Louise Day
Missing since January 1, 1980 from Seaside, Monterey County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 19, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Mary was last seen at her home in the spring of 1980.
She left for school and never returned.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Federal Police Department
831-242-7854

Agency Case Number: 0181498

Source Information:

Namus
The Doe Network: Case File 2990DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2990dfca.html

Thanks alllads. That just piques my curiosity more.

Is it possible that there are so few details because something or someone is being covered up? That probably makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the whole thing is weird.

It sounds like a family member (not surprising) is probably responsible; not enough evidence to convict.

moo

Most significantly - Due to the complete LACK of information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back