Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peliman

Reaction score
Apparent explosion hits near finish line of Boston Marathon

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 2:55 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 15, 2013 3:08 PM EDT

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) – An apparent explosion has hit the finish line area of the Boston Marathon.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud explosion near the finish line just before 3 p.m. Video from Skyfox showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims.

There appeared to be blood on the ground near the finish line.

Reuters was reporting that the Boston Marathon headquarters were in lockdown.

No other details were available.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21...sion-hits-near-finish-line-of-boston-marathon

------------

Thread#1

LE needs facebook posts, tweets, pictures...anything from people who were in the area. They have to be able to collect statements some way and piece it all together.

PLEASE-if you were in the area, please call LE with instagram, twitters, photos on facebook. If you had someone there who was txting you, tweeting you please call LE
10:04 PM
FBI: ‘No Piece Of Information Or Detail Is Too Small’

We reported earlier that the FBI has taken over the investigation, but here's the information on the special FBI public tip line:
The FBI has set-up 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), prompt #3, for anyone who has information, visual images, and/or details regarding the explosions along the Boston Marathon route and elsewhere. No piece of information or detail is too small.

Just about to start, I think. Deval Patrick is starting.

I gotta go to physical therapy now. Dang.

2 and only 2 explosive devices found yesterday, per Gov Patrick

Deval Patrick-"After yesterdays act of terror..."

Two and only two explosive devices were found yesterday. No other unexploded devices were found. Over 150 people were injured, some gravely.

He shouts out to the first responders.

Gov Patrick - hoping for an interfaith service tomorrow
Info center open at Park Plaza Castle - resources, etc, open from 9 till this evening
Expect heightened LE presence in area and throughout city

Everyone should expect continued heightened police presence-people should have heightened vigilance.

I waver on this. IMO Americans tend to be extremely insular about what goes on in the rest of the world, especially when it comes to war, death, destruction that our own country has had a hand in.

I agree (pretty amazing that we are actually on the same side of an issue!).

The thinking behind it is probably that zippers being blasted could act like a knife - long metal tiny "teeth" thrown at a high rate of speed with lots of power behind it, landing the right way, could cut a leg right off.

That's just me imagining it, I could be wrong.

But the two trauma surgeons that I saw both said there was no shrapnel from the bombs themselves, that they only saw random debris that was blasted into wounds. Could be the zippers were from the backpack or bystander clothing.

Any word on the man that lost both legs? It is amazing he survived at all.

Mayor Menino:

Pointing to heros - first responders, etc
Things are under control, must continue to work together.
Phone 617-534-5050 for resource center
Has had calls from all over the world offering help

Menino is just not the right person to be speaking in public.

Mayor Menino-"Close knit community. We grieve for our neighborhoods. We have it under control. Lets continue to work together. I have been mayor for 20 years and I have never seen law enforcement pull together to help everyone pull together.

6175345050 Hot line

6176354500 Hot line

Provide help and support to those who need it post bombing.

Boston will overcome

It's ridiculous to me how the FBI still has not gone all the way to classify this as a terrorist event.

Senator warren:

President reached out to Boston and offered full resources/support
Thanking first responders, those who have reached out from around the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads