1213 users online (219 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Well, we are back to two devices. This leads me to stick with my theory this is a homegrown incident and perp(s), unconnected with any wider/larger group. Whether its right-wing extremism or Islamic extremism, or some other "ism" altogether remains to be seen.
    If it was a lone nutcase or two it may be very difficult to find them, it is possible no one else knows about their activities (and if the bombs were crude then they may not have had any expert help, they may have looked up how to build them on the interwebs). Eric Rudolph is a prime example.

MGH confirmed that small metal shrapnel was removed from victims-small metal balls and other shrapnel.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

So are we talking pipe bombs packed with ball bearings and such?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Its odd, but I was wondering if the person or persons who did this had any beef with the Marathon itself. Or a physcial fit person being that this was a race (running) and most of the severe injuries were to lower bodies/legs. Like the bombs were planted to do the most damage to the lower body. Does that make sense ? Just had that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by fruity View Post
    Peliman I apologise, I'm on my phone and I keep hitting your name instead of the thread title. If you go to your profile it's going to look like I've been stalking you lol.
    Thank-you fruity, I'm old and haven't had my own personal stalker in a LONG time. You can stalk me any day.

That's what it sounds like, believe...

I did see it confirmed somewhere that victims at B&W hosp did not show radioactive evidence on their bodies (I'm sure my terminology is incorrect, but hopefully you all KWIM.). Wish I could remember where I read that.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Jennifer Peter ‏@GlobeJenPeter 2m
    Globe story, interview with roommate of Saudi national who was taken into custody yesterday. #marathon http://bo.st/10abJiQ
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

Gawker has a good little post-presser summary: Everything We Know About the Boston Marathon Bombing

Thank you everyone for the updates. Wouldn't know anything without them.

I, too, feel this is a lone individual. Living in a city with these types of events (only not as large) I have heard many complaints and threats. When you have individuals barely making it, living in slum lord apartments, getting no sleep due to noise, rats, bugs, etc... people lose it. You add the noise of an event in a packed city to that, and the event becomes the target of sleepless years and no relief ever in sight. Fortunately, the threats here are simply steam valves and nothing as such has happened, as easy as it would be to happen. I've always wondered why these events were not held in the larger parks, away from residents of any sort.

Such a horrible tragedy. I pray the best for the survivors, the families of the deceased and survivors, and any traumatized. So very shocking and sad. I really don't think any of us knows what to say when something like this happens.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

PSA:
    Reminder to vets and FYI for newbies:
    Anytime an image is posted- there must be a link to the original source of the image.
    Thanks

Link:
    Copyright Reminder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 06-20-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Listening to the trauma surgeon. He said there were pellets and "nail-like" objects. He said some people had upwards of 30 in their lower extremities.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 12m
    Apologies, audio wasn't fully processed from Boston Marathon press briefing. It's available now - http://bit.ly/1105oBK
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

OOPS-I think that was me JBean
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

His opinion is that they were in the bombs and not environmental. He later amended his statement and said "nails."
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Chelsea Conaboy ‏@cconaboy 1m
    MGH surgeon believes the bombs were packed with pellets or nails -- items meant to harm. Some have 30 or more in their body. #marathonbdc

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast