MD MD - Myra Cason, 63, Glen Burnie, 28 Jan 2011

UMfanforever

Reaction score
Myra Cason

Last Updated: 10/9/2012
myra_cason.jpg
Myra%20Cason%20Vehicle.jpg

On January 28, 2011 at approximately 10:51 AM, Officers from the Northern District responded to the parking lot of 7319 Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie for a shooting. This is the parking lot where Gavigan’s Furniture Store and Pep Boys are located. Officers located the Victim, Myra Elizabeth Cason, inside her 1994 Suzuki Sidekick with gunshot wounds to her upper body.
Ms. Cason was 63 years old and a retired Anne Arundel County School Teacher. She was seen leaving Maryland Primary Care Physicians at approximately 7:50 AM and arrived on the parking lot in front of Gavigan’s Furniture Store at approximately 8:30 AM where she was found.
If anyone saw Ms. Cason or her vehicle on the morning of January 28, 2011 in the Glen Burnie area, please call 410-222-3456 or Metro Crime Stoppers with information.
Sergeant Keith Clark
Homicide Unit
(410) 222-3456
Or give anonymous tips through:
Metro Crime Stoppers
Toll Free 1-866-7LOCKUP (756-2587)
E-mail: www.tipsubmit.com
Text Message: Send the letters “MCS” plus your message to 274637

Wish there was more info about this case.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-01-29/news/bs-md-ar-fatal-shooting-20110129_1_parking-lot-glen-burnie-baltimore-sun-local-news

Hmmm. Says police suspected the killer was in the car with her and forced her to drive to the parking lot where she was killed.

Perhaps this was one of those situations where someone abducts a person at gunpoint and then makes them drive to an atm for money. Perhaps he ordered her to drive there and then wanted to take the car and she refused? Who knows? I'll keep looking.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/01/29/anne-arundel-county-investigate-fatal-shooting/

Another link describing a bit about finding her body. Someone saw her window smashed out but didn't report it. A person who saw her body slumped over the wheel at 11 am called the cops. Apparently the bullet passed through her chest and broke the window. That's how I'm seeing it. There sure isn't a lot to go on with this case. Most of the links I'm seeing are to memorial events and the like. She was apparently quite well regarded in the community as a retired teacher.

After reading the links you posted. I am thinking the same thing as you. Maybe she refused to go to the ATM? Maybe an old student?

Weird the thought of an old student passed through my mind as well!

From what I've seen it sounds like this crime took place in a bad part of town where people don't rat out criminals. There was an article online from a member of the NAACP complaining about how people in the community aren't coming forward with information about Myra's murder and how that's a big problem in other crimes.

And here's a new article one year out from the crime where they say she died from gunshot wounds to the head:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/one-year-later-police-still-searching-for-myra-cason-s/article_1763ecc7-e737-5c2e-a755-249056e093a1.html

So was she shot once in the chest or numerous times in the head? Frustrating when you can't even pin down the specifics of the crime.

Bumping for Myra, as we approach the 9th anniversary of her murder

Maryland Police Department's Podcast Aims to Solve Cold Cases

The podcast’s first episode, which aired on major streaming platforms in May, focused on the Glen Burnie shooting death of Myra Elizabeth Cason, a 63-year-old retired Meade High School teacher who was found dead in her vehicle in 2011.

In the episode, Anderson interviews acting Southern District Sgt. Regina Collier, a former homicide detective, who gives additional facts on the cold case of the beloved teacher, whose death has puzzled police and devastated her family.

“A lot of the things we found were very strange, and they didn’t add up to her normal way of acting,” Collier said in the episode. “There was definitely something going on.”

It would seem that her assailant probably approached her in the Physcian's Primary parking lot and entered her car on the passenger side. He then had her drive him to the shopping center where he shot her from inside the car. He would have fled the scene on foot.

Comparison of recovered bullets and shell casings with bullets and shells fired from the same gun will possibly lead to identification of the killer. Investigators probably know the make, model, and caliber of the murder weapon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back