Identified! CO - Littleton, BlkMale Skeletal UP11196, Apr'13 - Name not found

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Intact cranium, ribs, pelvis, femur bones recovered in Littleton, Jefferson County, CO on April 1, 2013. Some short frizzy hair remnants were found off clothing. Age and sex uncertain, I'm guessing male from the clothing; a young one from the shoe size.

Clothing on body:
Heavy blue Croft and Barrow jacket, approximately large young adult size along with a blue medium size polo shirt, Eddie Bauer brand, that covered the vertebrae, ribs and upper extremity bones. Additional decomposed and weathered 32x32 pants with “A J C” on the inside of the waist band that covered the pelvis and long bones.
Clark's brand walking shoe (size 7) containing a gray sock.
A wallet was obtained along with several credit cards and misc. cards and a bus transfer receipt.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/11196

Intact cranium, ribs, pelvis, femur bones recovered in Littleton, Jefferson County, CO on April 1, 2013. Some short frizzy hair remnants were found off clothing. Age and sex uncertain, I'm guessing male from the clothing; a young one from the shoe size.

Clothing on body:
Heavy blue Croft and Barrow jacket, approximately large young adult size along with a blue medium size polo shirt, Eddie Bauer brand, that covered the vertebrae, ribs and upper extremity bones. Additional decomposed and weathered 32x32 pants with “A J C” on the inside of the waist band that covered the pelvis and long bones.
Clark's brand walking shoe (size 7) containing a gray sock.
A wallet was obtained along with several credit cards and misc. cards and a bus transfer receipt.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/11196

If there were credit cards in the wallet, a name would certainly be on those cards giving them a great head-start to identify I would assume. Hopefully his loved ones can bring him home soon.

All I can figure is LE must have decided the wallet didn't belong to the UID.

Clarks are pricey shoes...well above average anyways.
The whole outfit says male...maybe just a small male?

Going to go off and look around with those pant initials...

The credit cards may not have had names on them. If they were store purchased pre paid cards they would not have a name. You can pick those up anywhere. I purchase them often as gifts.

I would like to know if the "A J C" is handwritten or made by a stamp. I am assuming it has nothing to do with the actual Croft and Barrow pants- at least I have never seen something like that on the insides.

I found 6 persons (not including children) in the four major MP sites (Charley, NamUs, DoeNet, NAMPN) who were missing before this year, and have the initials A.J.C.

coyle_andrea3.jpg
cavet_anthony.jpg
cadavid_antonio.jpg
childs_austin2.jpg
___No Photo____
curry_athena13.jpg

Andrea Jean Coyle (1978) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/coyle_andrea.html
Anthony J. Cavet (1996) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cavet_anthony.html
Antonio Jose Cadavid (2002) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cadavid_antonio.html
Austin J. Childs (2005) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/childs_austin.html
Angelica Jasmin Cardenas (2006) https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13200/9
Athena Joy Curry (2011) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/curry_athena.html

I didn't include Angelina J Cocuzza because her Date LKA is too recent.

It's interesting that according to Austin Childs' Charley Project narrative, he actually goes by his initials AJC, but the circumstances (apparently lost at sea) don't fit.

32x32 pants would likely be somebody around 5'7"-5'8" or maybe a little more and medium build.

Athena Curry would seem to be about the right size, and she has short frizzy or fluffy hair. If she really did leave the abusive boyfriend and decided to head back to Portland, where she was born and raised, her route could easily have taken her near Littleton. I would expect them to find some of her facial jewelry if it was her, though.

I would like to know if the "A J C" is handwritten or made by a stamp. I am assuming it has nothing to do with the actual Croft and Barrow pants- at least I have never seen something like that on the insides.

Hello! This is my first post, as I joined tonight. Anyways, I was thinking that the AJC is the name brand of the pants, called Arizona Jean Company, sold at JC Penney's stores. In the description of clothing, the details are stated as a Croft and Barrow jacket, but not Croft and Barrow pants.
AJC could also be the person's initials, but I am thinking because of the Eddie Bauer polo shirt, Croft and Barrow Jacket, that is seems plausible that it could be Arizona Jean Company, as these are all well known name brands.

Hello! This is my first post, as I joined tonight. Anyways, I was thinking that the AJC is the name brand of the pants, called Arizona Jean Company, sold at JC Penney's stores. In the description of clothing, the details are stated as a Croft and Barrow jacket, but not Croft and Barrow pants.
AJC could also be the person's initials, but I am thinking because of the Eddie Bauer polo shirt, Croft and Barrow Jacket, that is seems plausible that it could be Arizona Jean Company, as these are all well known name brands.

Oh, good point. I should have thought of that. My youngest always preferred Arizona jeans when he was in high school, before he got sophisticated and graduated to American Eagle Outfitters...

The credit cards may not have had names on them. If they were store purchased pre paid cards they would not have a name. You can pick those up anywhere. I purchase them often as gifts.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, that these cards could be gift cards, as in a gift from someone during the Christmas holidays, as this individual was wearing what is described as a Heavy coat, which could have been worn during the holiday months.

With the Clarks shoe being pricey, it could mean that this person needed a good walking shoe, as perhaps this person did not drive, hence the bus transfer ticket.
With the bus transfer ticket found in the wallet or on the clothing, then in my opinion, that person was enroute elsewhere and did not make it to the destination, or decided not to use the transfer ticket.

A Heavy coat was described, so in my opinion, this person could have originally been missing from say the months of October through April when a heavy coat might be necessary in Colorado.

With the Clarks shoe being pricey, it could mean that this person needed a good walking shoe, as perhaps this person did not drive, hence the bus transfer ticket.
With the bus transfer ticket found in the wallet or on the clothing, then in my opinion, that person was enroute elsewhere and did not make it to the destination, or decided not to use the transfer ticket.

I'd like to know whether it was a local (Denver area) transfer, or a cross-country bus transfer.

It does tend to the male, but it's not so masculine as to preclude a woman. Half my wardrobe is technically men's clothing.

It does tend to the male, but it's not so masculine as to preclude a woman. Half my wardrobe is technically men's clothing.

I agree, it does tend to be male, but it could be a woman, as well.
The size 7 shoe sounds like a woman, but yet some older people, male and female wear shoes of that particular size because they are not as tall as what people seem to be today.( In my opinion, kids today are taller and I don't know if it is growth hormones in food,or what.) Or it could be a younger person, period, but my mind gravitates to it being an adult.

I also think with the type of clothing the person had, that maybe the habits of that person was to shop in well established places, but then again, these brand clothing names can be purchased at Goodwills, too.
I would like to know if the walking shoe was well worn, or newly purchased, as in not used much.

Another thought about the heavy coat. If it was so cold out to wear the heavy coat, then one might wear gloves as well, unless that person knew that they would be indoors mostly, so no need for gloves, and this person wore the heavy coat to get to their destination, or supposed destination.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back