Found Deceased IL - Bryeon Hunter, 1, Maywood, 16 April 2013 *Arrests*

posted to FB on 2 accounts.

I'm going to ask the mod's to move this to the discussion area.

There's very little information in the article. I wonder, are the three abductors strangers? Where is the childs father? Could this be a custody dispute thing?

No photo and a poor description of the vehicle.... I wish there was more info.

Praying the little guy is found safely, soon.

130416071229_bryeon-hunter.jpg

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/375686/3/AMBER-Alert-issued-for-boy-taken-from-Chicago-area

NCMEC has him categorized as a Non-Family Abduction

Case #:1214170
Case Type:Non Family Abduction

April 16, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police issued an Amber Alert Tuesday for Bryeon Hunter, a 1-year-old boy taken by force during an attack near 5th and Main in Maywood.

Officials say the child was taken from his mother around 2:15 p.m. by three male Hispanics. They were in a black, two-door sports car with tinted windows. Source http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9067690

This says he was taken during an attack. Maybe the 3 guys attacked his mama and that's why she's in the hospital?

The details are very sketchy.

Bryeon Hunter, a 1-year-old boy taken by force during an attack near 5th and Main

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/channel?section=news/local&id=7098705

Thank you. I don't have sound with my computer so am unable to listen to video's.

It's really hard for me to imagine a scenario in which this was a random attack and kidnapping. However, it could be if this was some type of gang initiation.

The neighborhood from which this child was taken is a very bad neighborhood. I used to drive very near, a block or so away from the abduction area, during the day on the weekends. I was told by coworkers there had been shootings during the day in that area and it was not a safe area to drive through even during the day.

Right now I am thinking childs father? Friends of the childs father roughing mom up, or worse some kind of gang initiation?

Have they said what kind of injuries mom has? I assume that the mom's hospitalization is a result of an attack during the abduction?

In one of the photo's, it appears there is another child standing near Bryeon, his legs and pj's are seen in the photo. Where were any siblings if Bryeon has any siblings?

Where there any witnesses to the attack?

I really don't know what to think... lot's of possibilities, imo.

Praying Bryeon is found safely soon. :praying:

I wonder if the car is the mom's car, and the baby was inside it, and it was more of a carjacking type situation.

It's hard to make sense of why 3 unrelated men would take a baby. A baby that age needs a lot of care, and not many guys would want to take that responsibility on for a child that's not their own.

:cow:

This is terrifying.

Hopefully the mother's condition is okay and she will be able to work with a sketch artist as soon as possible. It is far too easy to make a small child disappear whether it be illegal adoptions, trafficking, or disposing of them.

I wish MSM would let us know whether Bryeon's father is involved in his life at all. It's possible that he hasn't been a part of Bryeon's life by choice, and would not have an interest in taking him.

If this is some type of gang initiation, I will be sick.

All MOO

Something sounds weird about this...hope more info surfaces soon.

A lot sounds weird about this case to me. There is so little information, I can't decide if this is a situation like that of Aveion Lewis, a custody issue, a gang/drug related issue. Or if LE has an idea of what is going on and is staying quiet for the safety of the child? Or he is not getting much deserved attention due to his race and being from a bad neighborhood.

FWIW, I have no other reason for questioning the possibility of a gang/drug related issue simply due to how well known this area is for being dangerous.

Thank you. I don't have sound with my computer so am unable to listen to video's.

It's really hard for me to imagine a scenario in which this was a random attack and kidnapping. However, it could be if this was some type of gang initiation.

The neighborhood from which this child was taken is a very bad neighborhood. I used to drive very near, a block or so away from the abduction area, during the day on the weekends. I was told by coworkers there had been shootings during the day in that area and it was not a safe area to drive through even during the day.

Right now I am thinking childs father? Friends of the childs father roughing mom up, or worse some kind of gang initiation?

Have they said what kind of injuries mom has? I assume that the mom's hospitalization is a result of an attack during the abduction?

In one of the photo's, it appears there is another child standing near Bryeon, his legs and pj's are seen in the photo. Where were any siblings if Bryeon has any siblings?

Where there any witnesses to the attack?

I really don't know what to think... lot's of possibilities, imo.

Praying Bryeon is found safely soon. :praying:

I saw the Amber Alert at FB, and came here to see if there was a thread.

Sounds like this is likely specific in some way. Unless it was a carjacking then I'd go with gang-related (prob. not initiation though). They usually don't take kids though - unless like you mentioned it's something to do with custody. There are cartel members in Chicago though so who knows, really... The gangs here in the US wouldn't usually involve a child, but the Mexican Drug Cartels certainly have no problem with taking kids "back home" in Mexico.

It's hard to really know what happened without more information like you mentioned. If we knew more we could probably narrow down if it was random or not. (I'd like to think that at least the gangs in Chicago were sticking to some version of the old honor code, and not specifically targeting children and mothers.)

We also have to keep in mind that female gang members are very common as well. The Latin Queens are huge in the city, so maybe the Mom herself is in some beef with someone.

All just speculation though. :cow:

I'm praying for this precious baby - and praying that his Mom recovers from her injuries. Praying that police find the baby and the people responsible for doing this, too. :prayer:

“It makes me very sad for a little child to be tortured or missing or whatever you know,” said Selvie.

The above quote is from this link:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/16/amber-alert-issued-for-1-year-old-maywood-boy/

Does the above quote not seem strange? That is from the boy's grandmother. She jumps straight to the word "torture"? And says "or whatever?" I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she is just not a well-spoken person in light of the horrific situation. ETA: I did not watch the video, I only read the text. I may just have gotten the wrong impression.

It seems very drastic to steal a small child to punish his family for coming into the wrong neighborhood (due to their race). But, I have never been to the Chicago area so I really don't know. I don't usually picture those kind of "beefs" as including small children.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back