MI MI - Adriean Bell, 15, 18 August 2007

Why haven't we heard anything about this girl? Has she been found yet? So much on Jessica, nothing on Adrieane.

Interesting find here:

http://www.mfia.state.mi.us/awol/printFriend.asp?qsPcode=1168192

http://www.mfia.state.mi.us/awol/default.asp?qsChild=BA-BN&qsType=full

This is from the MI Dept of Human Services website.

Last Contact on 08/18/2007 at age 15
in the East Part of the Southern Lower Peninsula
DOB:
12/24/1991 Current Age: 15 Gender:
Female Ethnicity:
African American Height:
5'1" Weight:
105 Hair:
Brown Eyes:
Brown

Apparently she is AWOL from the foster care system in MI. Their last contact with her was 18 August 2007.

Hoppy

oh man I do not get the link you put in, are all these children missing from the custody of MI foster system? If these were my children I would be facing judges and loosing custody of my child. mmmmm

are all these children missing from the custody of MI foster system?

Yes, that's right. They're all missing from the MI foster care system. I presume most of them are runaways, but you never know. Very sad.

Hoppy

Yes, that's right. They're all missing from the MI foster care system. I presume most of them are runaways, but you never know. Very sad.

Hoppy

Thank you for linking that website here. I hadn't known about it. When looking at some of the kids, I wondered how many of them were runaways and why were they running from foster care? I also wondered if some hadn't returned to their "parents" who lost custody to the foster system? (I looked through most of the explanation pages and these were just questions that came to mind that I didn't find answers to...)

I pray that Adriean is safe and pray that she or her peers who have also run could tell us what needs to be done to make them "safe". It's very sad that children run away from the places that are meant to keep them better than at "home". I know some children can be quite a handful and will resist authority at every chance, I am rather certain that some of these foster homes in Michigan are providing proper care, it's just unfathomable that more than 200 kids would leave their foster homes.

Sometimes I think that Michigan's CPS and foster care is broken.

IIRC, MI put up this website after the Rilya Wilson case in FL when there was a spotlight on kids missing from foster care systems.

Hoppy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back