1932 users online (331 members and 1601 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

TX - Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

News still coming in. All I know is I felt what I could have sworn was at least a 4.0 quake (I lived in Los Angeles for over 6 years) about 25 minutes ago. If we felt it this far away, it's got to be a bad scene.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

Do you know if the plant was in operation at the time?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/E...203505331.html

Reports of people trapped in nearby apt homes and a nursing home.

updated. Multiple ambulances requested.
    Last edited by mysteriew; 04-17-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I don't. All the news crews from up here are on the way. Heard the middle school was on fire, from DFW scanner posts. We are a good 70 miles away and it was a loud boom and good shaking. Could have sworn it was an earthquake, I jumped up and was really confused. If anyone was there it won't be good I'm afraid.

Rumor from a website

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/..._explosion_dow

Possibly some houses leveled

Thanks for links. Wasn't finding any and still kind of jittery. Haven't felt that way in over 21 years. I'm afraid it won't be good. ((glad we skipped out on lil one's baseball practice tonight and I'm home))

Doesn't look good. The kwtx site has updated since I posted it.

5 critical

large part of town "leveled"

Keep in mind initial reports are not always strictly correct

Collection of social media comments

http://ketr.org/post/fertilizer-plan...ported-west-tx

West is right by I-35. I've stopped there for gas and beef jerky a few times.

West, Texas (Wiki)

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Exp...203508011.html

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...o-texas/64337/

On one of the social media articles I saw that FF's were down.

Articles are saying there was a fire there earlier today and then it rekindled. So it is likely that some are firefighters dead/injured. IMO

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast