1159 users online (210 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

Earth isn't so special after all?

Three newly found planets are some of the best candidates so far for habitable worlds outside our solar system, according to NASA scientists.

NASA's Kepler satellite, which is keeping an eye on more than 150,000 stars in hopes of identifying Earth-like planets, found the trio.

"Earth is looking less and less like a special place and more like there's Earth-like things everywhere," said Kepler scientist Tom Barclay.

Two of the planets, described in the journal Science, are 1,200 light-years away; the other is 2,700 light-years away. A light-year, the distance that light travels in a vacuum in one year, is nearly 6 trillion miles.

Follow complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, http://cnn.com and CNN Mobile.

Two of the planets, described in the journal Science, are 1,200 light-years away; the other is 2,700 light-years away. A light-year, the distance that light travels in a vacuum in one year, is nearly 6 trillion miles.

1,200 light years away! We are going to need something faster than the speed of light.

Beam me up Scotty!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Where's a worm hole when ya need one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

It's amazing how fast the universe is being explored all of a sudden. Just six months ago I heard a physicist on the Science channel talking about how disappointed they were not to find more "earth-like" planets in our galaxy.

Now they find our galaxy is full of inhabitable places!

Is the satellite monitoring to see if any ships leave those planets? Any lights showing at nite?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~