748 users online (108 members and 640 guests)  

Websleuths News

Child Rapist was in church as face appears on "Most Wanted" show

Pastor Steve Neal can witness directly to the truism that God moves in mysterious ways, executing justice and delivering mercy at unexpected times.

One of those times was 7 p.m. Saturday at Neal's In His Steps congregation in Orange.

Neal was preaching directly to David Saracino at a Saturday night church service when a TV episode of "America's Most Wanted" aired, leading Orange County citizens to recognize the man known here as David "Iburg."

Saracino, 40, had been living under the Iburg alias the past eight months in the Mauriceville area and working at an area auto glass shop, Orange sheriff's officials said. In Utah, he was wanted for two counts of the rape of a child and three counts of sodomy against a child for crimes committed in 2000.

"He had only been coming to our church for about one month," Neal said. "But the weirdest part is that he was in our church that same night (the TV show aired)."

Second church

The Rev. Tony Story is pastor of the Family Worship Center on Texas 62, where the Utah man attended for eight months. The center is a "sister church" to In His Steps.

The two congregations regularly attend each other's services, and that's where Story and Saracino were that night - at In His Steps in Orange.

"My heart literally fell through my feet," Story said about the emotions he felt when he saw the picture of his congregation member later on the "America's Most Wanted" Web site.

Members of both Neal's In His Steps church and the Family Worship Center near Orangefield recognized Saracino and contacted their pastors about the "America's Most Wanted" segment, a short piece titled, "15 Seconds of Shame."

Saracino had been attending both churches, Neal said.

Story said he believes Saracino had a genuine conversion experience and was genuinely trying to be a better man. He attended morning prayer and Bible classes on a regular basis.

http://www.orangeleader.com/articles...news/news3.txt

Story said he believes Saracino had a genuine conversion experience and was genuinely trying to be a better man. He attended morning prayer and Bible classes on a regular basis.
    Well good. Now he can continue his conversion to being a better man while IN JAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew

http://www.orangeleader.com/articles...news/news3.txt
    Genuine conversion would have meant turning himself in, standing up for the crimes he committed, and facing his punishment.

And why did the members of two churches call the pastors instead of LE when they recognized the guy?

OMG...no way!! The Church?

That's that's the last place I'd look for a baby raper!

Sudzi

Sudzi, unfortunately the Church is one of the first places I connect with sexual abuse of kids ~ all those pedophile priests & ministers

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Sudzi, unfortunately the Church is one of the first places I connect with sexual abuse of kids ~ all those pedophile priests & ministers
    Whoops, to early for my scarcasm .....
    Love your lepruchun...(sp?)

Sudzi

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi
    Whoops, to early for my scarcasm .....
    Love your lepruchun...(sp?)
    Oh.. duh to me! I shoulda known you were being a smarta$$, my friend

Wait till DK gets here

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    Well good. Now he can continue his conversion to being a better man while IN JAIL!

Cypros, I couldn't agree more!