746 users online (101 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Anthony Vazquez, 3, Carlton, 19 April 2013

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has activated Levi's Call, Georgia's Amber Alert in reference to missing 3-year-old Anthony Vazquez, who is believed to be in extreme danger.

Vasquez was abducted between midnight and 1 AM Friday morning and believed to be in the company of Stephanie Dawn Loving.

Loving is 29 years old, stands 5'9", weighs 220 pounds, and has brown eyes with blond hair. Vazquez is 3 years old with blond hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing blue shorts and a blue and white shirt.

GBI officials believe they are travelling in a green 1994 Honda Accord.

Both were last seen at 915 Sandy Cross Road in Carlton Georgia.
    http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/st...6#.UXGRiHDxqAA

Hmm, who is this woman, relative, babysitter??

Missing Oglethorpe Co. boy found safe

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has canceled a Levi's Call for a 3-year-old boy after he was found safe on Friday afternoon.

More: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22...ethorpe-co-boy

Thank goodness, if only all were so fast!

Glad he was found safe. I must say, I don't recall ever hearing of a case where a mother without custody kidnaps her own child, and that child was harmed.

It's probably happened at some point, but it's certainly not the pattern.

I guess it's best to err on the safe side, but the statement that the child was in "grave and immediate danger" seems a little exaggerated.

PLENTY of mothers *with* custody have harmed their own children. Even faked kidnappings or worse to get away with it. (Just check out the current AMBER Alert thread.) The list of these would be quite staggering.

We could even populate a list of fathers without custody kidnapping and killing their children. Step-parents too. Why would mothers not also fall under this category?

I'm not saying I know the specifics of this case. Was the "grave and immediate danger" necessary in this case? No idea. But to dismiss it because it's the non-custodial mother makes zero sense either, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    PLENTY of mothers *with* custody have harmed their own children. Even faked kidnappings or worse to get away with it. (Just check out the current AMBER Alert thread.) The list of these would be quite staggering.

We could even populate a list of fathers without custody kidnapping and killing their children. Step-parents too. Why would mothers not also fall under this category?

I'm not saying I know the specifics of this case. Was the "grave and immediate danger" necessary in this case? No idea. But to dismiss it because it's the non-custodial mother makes zero sense either, IMO.
    I don't know why this is true, She, but it does seem to be. When Dads kidnap their kids it seems to often (not always) be to harm them or terrify the mother. When moms do it, it appears it's almost always because they want their kids. They are misguided, of course, but it seems their intentions are typically very good.

Like when people carjack a car without noticing an infant in the back seat. That almost always turns out well, although it causes a major panic.

But yes, mothers do often kill their children. It seems, in those cases, it's because they fly into an uncontrollable rage at their kids, or because they plan to get rid of them so they can go on to a freer life.

Moms who take their kids from others who have acquired custody of them appear to do that because they can't bear to be without them even though they aren't very fit moms. Of course, there are exceptions to this.