1255 users online (236 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

LA - Terrilynn Monette, 26, New Orleans, 2 Mar 2013 - #3

Terrilynn Monette, 26

Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111, or
    NOPD 3rd District at 504-658-6030.

2012 Black Honda Accord

Louisiana license plate WUN494

- windows are NOT tinted
    - original manufacturer's rims
    - leather interior
    - sunroof

NOPD Press Conference March 22, 2013

NOPD Interview WWL-AM, March 22, 2013, Article with Audio Link

Case Map

Media Thread

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Last edited by KateB; 05-11-2015 at 12:42 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Case Archive:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...tte%20%20-LA-/

Her sorority sisters are getting awareness via twitter.
    One headed up yesterdays search, Lezette Montion, an Army Sgt from TX came to help.

Terrilynn has a lot of support and determined volunteers, plus her family came from California and was right there in the woods searching.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

From the press conference with NOPD 3rd District Lt. Christopher Kalka on Friday, March 22, 2012:

"At about 3:30 AM, she went out to her car with one of the men. Was in the car with him for about 45 minutes."

"That man left at about 4:15 AM. He said at the time, that she was passed out in the driver's seat, appeared intoxicated. He thought it was best for her to quote/unquote, "sleep it off'."

"At 5:13 AM her car backs out of the bank parking lot wher she had parked, turns on Harrison, then onto Marconi. One of the cameras we have shows that she was alone in the car. There did not appear to be any other cars following her."

"After reviewing just hours and hours of video we know that she did not enter Jefferson Parish. She did not enter St. Bernard parish. Her car did not travel at all on the interstate, and there are no signs it went anywhere near the Port of New Orleans."

http://www.wwltv.com/video?id=199572...7&ref=rcvidmod

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...tails_abo.html
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Here's a detailed Satellite map of Areas Searched by NOPD

Based on Lt. Kalka's WWL AM870 radio interview with Tommy Tucker
    http://www.wwl.com/topic/play_window...udioId=6293121

1. She did NOT enter (NOPD reviewed hours & hours of video tape):
    -Jefferson Parish
    -St. Bernard Parish
    -Interstate
    -Port of New Orleans

2. Areas searched using TES, helicopters, horses, canines, boats, people:
    -City Park
    -Bayou Saint John
    -Lagoon
    -the Lake

3. Searched every nook & cranny:
    -West Bank
    -New Orleans East
    -Lakeview

See attached map The areas in red have been searched (or she 'did not enter'). The remaining area is quite large. Some of these neighborhoods are filled with blighted property & have very high crime rates.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New thread. Let's find Terrilynn!!!

Are there any new reports on the underwater car search? There was 22-25 cars to be examined after the sonar search.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
    Are there any new reports on the underwater car search? There was 22-25 cars to be examined after the sonar search.
    What's the reasoning for leaving these vehicles under water? Lack of monetary resources? Fear of turning up other unaccounted for victims of Katrina who may still be in those vehicles? I would think LE would be curious to identify the VIN on these vehicles just to verify they are/aren't linked to anything significant.

I just read that bayou st. john used to be drained for cleaning on a regular basis. Why couldn't the searchers drain the bayou and take out all the cars. This would also allow them to look for smaller objects as well.

Crimson, I apologize if I offended, it was not intended. I am myself an ex-cashier from good old Wally World. I worked several jobs during my college years. The night shift at a 24 hr store worked with my school schedule. This particular greeter was not one of those people who worked their way up ladder only to fall, who labored their fingers to the bone only to have their life savings drained by a wretched experience such as watching his love fall ill to cancer, or a person working 3 jobs to support their child and go to school to be a nurse. This was the Walmart I had worked at and I knew this particular person very well. In a nutshell, she collect a welfare check, had several babies daddies and wanted nothing more than to get the day shift so she could be available to club on Friday nights. Her previous job (Burg King) wouldn't allow her to take off during the busiest time of the week.

Please please forgive my stones. I didn't mean to throw them. Your father did not aspire to work at Walmart. He had big dreams, took pride in his work and could literally taste the pleasures of his work. So when I say "life's aspirations", I mean that in the literal sense. I'd gladly take the wise advice of your father. His experience in this world is something wise men are made of. Please, again, accept my apologies for offending you.

Still, she's the last person who needed to be dishing out mommy advice. For reals. Not bc she worked there, but bc it was her BIGGEST DREAM to work there.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPoof View Post
    Crimson, I apologize if I offended, it was not intended. I am myself an ex-cashier from good old Wally World. I worked several jobs during my college years. The night shift at a 24 hr store worked with my school schedule. This particular greeter was not one of those people who worked their way up ladder only to fall, who labored their fingers to the bone only to have their life savings drained by a wretched experience such as watching his love fall ill to cancer, or a person working 3 jobs to support their child and go to school to be a nurse. This was the Walmart I had worked at and I knew this particular person very well. In a nutshell, she collect a welfare check, had several babies daddies and wanted nothing more than to get the day shift so she could be available to club on Friday nights. Her previous job (Burg King) wouldn't allow her to take off during the busiest time of the week.

Please please forgive my stones. I didn't mean to throw them. Your father did not aspire to work at Walmart. He had big dreams, took pride in his work and could literally taste the pleasures of his work. So when I say "life's aspirations", I mean that in the literal sense. I'd gladly take the wise advice of your father. His experience in this world is something wise men are made of. Please, again, accept my apologies for offending you.

Still, she's the last person who needed to be dishing out mommy advice. For reals. Not bc she worked there, but bc it was her BIGGEST DREAM to work there.
    Awe...NO, Ninja. I was hardly offended. Not in the least. I am usually the offensive one, most often misunderstood...the eccentric sort...always ranting and raving. (Ms. Bessie knows how to slap my fingers off the keyboard! )

I was hoarse from screaming at the ballpark "Run, ma baby, run... get her OUT", with dirt under my nails from flagstones and begonias, then watching my Daddy 'ta-ta ing' his sauce at my stove with my Momma's old spoon. Feeling a tad melancholy when I read your post...and thought possibly of some lil ole granny or gramps, with a Wally World smile reading, and only wished to defend their position.

Understand, I'm all about calling stupid people out. I'm an ace at it!

I am also a Mickey Shunick product of WS. She lived only a couple of blocks away. I lived and breathed her story here, as often as I found the moments. I used to get sooooo pee'd off when she was MISSING...I'd log on and read people talking about dish detergent and lil Bobby Sue's A+ on report card day.

I understand things better now. It is a release of emotional thought, in an ordinary day...when the somber, dark despair of "WTF happened to Terrilyn Monette?" (and all the others, sadly)...where the 'captured' mind needs respite from the angst...is compelled into casual convo, sometimes humurous (You do it sweet too, Ninja. Gurl, you crack me up!)

Truly, I wished to log on and post a magical MSM link...find myself, yet again, just a r & r ing.

There's a perp(s) out there. I feel it in my tired bones.
    I am happy for this new thread, regret that it exists, and the opportunity to bump Ms. Monette up once more. We are here for the MISSING. Their stories light fires in our hearts...inspiring prayer...seeking supreme justice on their behalf.
    Last edited by Crimson clover; 04-20-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    Peace is flowing like a river,
    Flowing out through you and me,
    Spreading out into the desert,
    Setting all the captives free.

Let's try to stay on topic, please folks. I know when it's easy to stray off when we're waiting for new developments, but let's remain mindful of the purpose of the thread.

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
    I just read that bayou st. john used to be drained for cleaning on a regular basis. Why couldn't the searchers drain the bayou and take out all the cars. This would also allow them to look for smaller objects as well.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and look for links afterward. In December, a project commenced to remove an old dam at RELee so water from Lake Pontchartrain will flow freely into BSJ once again. The lake waters have introduced new fish species into the bayou, and perhaps there's a concern that draining BSJ would upset the developing ecosystem.

ETA: http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.s...h_will_so.html
    http://www.nola.com/environment/inde...ou_st_joh.html
    http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1998/of98-805/html/bobabs98.htm
    Last edited by bessie; 04-21-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson clover View Post
    Awe...NO, Ninja. I was hardly offended. Not in the least. I am usually the offensive one, most often misunderstood...the eccentric sort...always ranting and raving. (Ms. Bessie knows how to slap my fingers off the keyboard! )

I was hoarse from screaming at the ballpark "Run, ma baby, run... get her OUT", with dirt under my nails from flagstones and begonias, then watching my Daddy 'ta-ta ing' his sauce at my stove with my Momma's old spoon. Feeling a tad melancholy when I read your post...and thought possibly of some lil ole granny or gramps, with a Wally World smile reading, and only wished to defend their position.

Understand, I'm all about calling stupid people out. I'm an ace at it!

I am also a Mickey Shunick product of WS. She lived only a couple of blocks away. I lived and breathed her story here, as often as I found the moments. I used to get sooooo pee'd off when she was MISSING...I'd log on and read people talking about dish detergent and lil Bobby Sue's A+ on report card day.

I understand things better now. It is a release of emotional thought, in an ordinary day...when the somber, dark despair of "WTF happened to Terrilyn Monette?" (and all the others, sadly)...where the 'captured' mind needs respite from the angst...is compelled into casual convo, sometimes humurous (You do it sweet too, Ninja. Gurl, you crack me up!)

Truly, I wished to log on and post a magical MSM link...find myself, yet again, just a r & r ing.

There's a perp(s) out there. I feel it in my tired bones.
    I am happy for this new thread, regret that it exists, and the opportunity to bump Ms. Monette up once more. We are here for the MISSING. Their stories light fires in our hearts...inspiring prayer...seeking supreme justice on their behalf.
    In the early days of someone missing, there really isn't casual every day talk, everyone is immersed in dissecting information. But as time goes on, we are still human beings with lives that must go on. Even on WS we can get O/T from time to time, all in the context of the case, though. We mean no disrespect to the missing or their loved ones. We all want Terrilynn home.

Looking today for news of Terrilynn and nothing new. This makes me very sad. Yesterday, we celebrated my youngest son's first birthday. With handfuls of cake all over his face, Terrilynn (and Jaren) crossed my mind. Their mothers did that also. And their mothers lost their babies. My mind went to the mothers of the missing....I admire their strength and wish I could take some of that baggage. So sad. I don't know if I could ever handle it. I would crumble.

I wish whoever knew what happened to her would come forward. If not for the 20 Gs then for Toni. Her poor mom.

I was thinking about all the cars at BSJ that were found by Wildlife and Fisheries. Why didn't TES sonar pick those 25 additional cars? And how more advanced are their sonars compared to TES, and is there another organization with better ones that can come help?

Where is this car? Where? How do you make a 2 ton piece of equipment up and disappear? I don't believe in aliens and I'm sure a Honda is the last thing they'd want. Ya know with having their spaceships and all. So mysterious.

If she's not in the water with her car, then someone very calculating did this. Someone who had time to plan where he'd put her, where he'd put her car, and how he'd make sure they'd both stay gone. Random perp, I don't know if they could be so slick (or lucky).
    JMO
    Where in the world are you, Terrilynn??? Where???

Sorry Bessie for going OT. We heart your patience.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast