1076 users online (203 members and 873 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

April 19, 2013

'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody

By Chelsea J. Carter and Michael Pearson, CNN
    updated 9:07 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

(CNN) -- The suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday night, bringing to an end a massive manhunt that virtually shut down the Massachusetts capital amid warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.
    Story and video at the
    Last edited by KateB; 06-20-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Dailymail articles, 1st talks about the older brother's wife, apparently she converted to Islam when she married Tamerlan. 2nd is about their mother, she was arrested for shoplifting last year. 3rd article states Dzhokhar ran over his brother's body with the stolen SUV during the shootout.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Apologies if these were posted earlier.

MIT officer Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville, Mass
    By Pete Donohue AND Stephen Rex Brown / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Friday, April 19, 2013, 10:51 AMUpdated: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 12:51 AM

A beloved campus cop was the fourth victim in the Boston bombers’ reign of terror — shot dead before he could even draw his gun.

“He wanted to get to know students — he wanted to understand us. . . . He knew which students he was protecting every day when he came to work,” one student wrote.
    LINK

Richard Donahue, Jr., 33
    April 19, 2013 2:29 PM
    BOSTON (CBS) – An MBTA police officer was shot and seriously wounded early Friday morning while chasing the two men wanted for the Boston Marathon bombings.

“Facing extraordinary danger, Officer Donohue never hesitated in fully engaging the terrorists in order to protect the citizens of the Commonwealth,” said MBTA Transit Police Chief Paul MacMillan. “I am extremely proud of him, and cannot say enough about his heroic actions.”
    LINK

Update April 21, 2013
    BOSTON (CBS) – Transit Officer Richard Donohue, Jr. is said to be critical but stable at Mt. Auburn Hospital.
    Dr. David Miller said Sunday morning Donohue was able to wiggle his toes and squeeze his wife’s hand for the first time.
    “The care he received at the scene and in the emergency room was well-organized, rapid and outstanding,” Miller said.
    Last edited by bessie; 04-21-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: update
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Remembering Sean Collier...

Representative for the MIT Outing Club:

"Sean's excitement about the outdoors was contagious. He could keep an entire carload of hikers entertained on the long drive to distant trailheads, and was always willing to share his favorite hiking snack: pepperoni, or "roni" as he called it. He could find the bright side of any situation, be it bad weather, turning back just before the summit, or a fender-bender on the way to the mountains. His grin was irrepressible."

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...g-suspect.html

FOX 25 News Boston ‏@fox25news 3m
    In Boston manhunt, online detectives flourish http://bit.ly/13ATXq3 #fox25
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

DotArt project on Savin Hill Bridge - on 93 into Boston:

Via Boston.com live blog
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Video of "other" Uncle- When asked what will happen to nephew, he says something like" They will kill him, what do you think?!"...
    http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/2097799/

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    From the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Card board tubes (paper towel rollers? Toilet paper rolls?) don't sound like someone worrisome to me. I think it's unrelated, and no one more dangerous than any idiot playing with fireworks or something.
    I had heard that there were some more serious ones near Brown recently - those were the ones I was referring to mostly. But now that I look it up, I can't find it. My bad.

However, I do think they had to practice the timing of it somewhere.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

I cannot find info on how long one can be held before it becomes necessary to mirandize him. Or is there no time limit under the special circumstances( FISA warrant )? Looks like i need to read up on the process.

You guys know the drill. Political discussions belong in the Political Pavilion.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 06-20-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Video of "other" Uncle- When asked what will happen to nephew, he says something like" They will kill him, what do you think?!"...
    http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/2097799/
    There's another uncle???
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    From the other thread:

I had heard that there were some more serious ones near Brown recently - those were the ones I was referring to mostly. But now that I look it up, I can't find it. My bad.

While people were referencing explosions near Brown/Providence, during the discussion of the missing student on Thurs evening, they were citing the news links from south of Boston. That is actually closer to Boston than to Providence. I live in Providence and there have been no reported explosions here to my knowledge.

There is Ruslan, and then another uncle. One lives in Maryland, and the other is either in Mass or RI (I haven't been able to figure out which is which).
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    From the other thread:

You would THINK they'd practice, but then, they're not very bright "terrorists".

They probably did practice somewhere, I just don't think it would be Hanover. And I can't even imagine where you'd practice near Brown, either. rehoboth, MA is about the only nearby quieter town I can think of in that area? And that's not convenient to UMassD, and it's about 20 mins outside Providence.

I was thinking of the suspect today.

Pictured him lying in ICU. Guards at the door. Doctors and nurses coming in to check on him. I wonder if it has hit him yet, these same Doctors and nurses may have worked on his victims too.

I hope they don't allow him to watch TV. I don't want to think of gloating at the misery he has caused. I want to think of him lying there, not knowing what is happening or going to happen to him. I want him to feel alone. I want him to be scared.

Not very nice of me I know. But I yam what I yam.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast