Reese Witherspoon Arrested/Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Officer

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Pictured: Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth pose for mugshots after actress is arrested for 'disorderly conduct and resisting an officer' as husband is apprehended for DUI

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...er-husband-apprehended-DUI.html#ixzz2R9g7NpHg

Reese Witherspoon was arrested for disorderly conduct after allegedly resisting the orders of a police officer in Atlanta, Georgia, on Friday night.

The actress was jailed along with husband James Toth after he failed to pass a sobriety test.

The city’s Department of Corrections confirmed that the couple were arrested after Toth was stopped by a patrol car under suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

The officer’s report further details: ‘Mrs. Witherspoon asked, “Do you know my name?” I answered, “No, I don’t need to know your name.” I then added, “right now.” Mrs. Witherspoon stated, “You’re about to find out who I am.”’

According to the arresting officer: ‘Mrs. Witherspoon also stated, “You are going to be on national news.” I advised Mrs. Witherspoon that was fine.’

i just read this on people.com... shocking!

"you are going to be on national news"? so are you, reese (even international) :(

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

@tmz.com

It's interesting that Reese said she was frightened for her husband....hum, but not frightened about being a passenger with her husband driving Drunk! If it weren't for the cop pulling them over, who knows what could have happened. Reese and her husband could have been injured or injured others, or even worse...killed someone with a Drunk Driver at the wheel. Her attitude was horrible, diva-like, with that Liquid Courage in her system. She did apologize for her attitude towards the policeman, and hopefully, in the future she can tell the world why it is Not a good idea to drink and drive......even though she was the passenger, and not the driver....If she and her husband were killed from this Drunk Driving experience, then who would take care of her family? That is something that I hope she and her husband thinks about.
All My Opinion, of course.

So disappointed to hear this. I cant believe she and hubby would go out and ingest and not have a plan for transportation home. Heck not like these folks couldn't have hired a driver. Or even called a cab. Shocked. Thankfully nobody was hurt from such a stupid decision.

It was her mouth that got her arrested, she was too stupid to know when to shut up.

"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that was no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I am very sorry for my behavior."

Whaaaat? "a scary situation" ? "frightened for her husband" ?

They both had one to many drinks. He got behind the wheel and she became his passenger....

They have enough $$$ to have called a cab or other means of transportation to get them home safely to their children...

It's interesting that Reese said she was frightened for her husband....hum, but not frightened about being a passenger with her husband driving Drunk! If it weren't for the cop pulling them over, who knows what could have happened. Reese and her husband could have been injured or injured others, or even worse...killed someone with a Drunk Driver at the wheel. Her attitude was horrible, diva-like, with that Liquid Courage in her system. She did apologize for her attitude towards the policeman, and hopefully, in the future she can tell the world why it is Not a good idea to drink and drive......even though she was the passenger, and not the driver....If she and her husband were killed from this Drunk Driving experience, then who would take care of her family? That is something that I hope she and her husband thinks about.
All My Opinion, of course.

BMM
Exactly!
I like your whole post!

is she smirking/smiling in her mug shot?

In my opinion, she looks like she is smiling.Maybe she is thinking that she can't believe this is happening; but wait til you know who I am! With people that have had alcohol in their system, their thinking is skewed. I have to ask Reese...What Were You Thinking!! Literally!!

In my opinion, she looks like she is smiling.Maybe she is thinking that she can't believe this is happening; but wait til you know who I am! With people that have had alcohol in their system, their thinking is skewed. I have to ask Reese...What Were You Thinking!! Literally!!
Maybe she was thinking she was Elle Woods in Legally Blonde again and was defending herself???

I am quite surprised. With all the Hollywood nitwits you hear about, repeatedly, Reese Witherspoon isn't one of them. I honestly can't think of a previous scandal attached to her. She's always struck me as fairly professional, respectable, and of integrity.

I am glad she's apologized today. I hope that she is serious and that this scare causes them both to make better choices.

This really angers me (bbm):

"It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/21/showbiz/reese-witherspoon-arrested/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Really? Frightened for your husband? I see nothing at all about being frightened for innocent people who may have been victims if he had swerved into another vehicle or onto a sidewalk. :banghead:

I am shocked to hear this one. I have always had tremendous respect for Reese and the way she keeps out of the tabloids, the way she handled her very public divorce in a very private way and worried enough about her kids to keep it civil and lowkey.

She showed her arse (as Dolly Parton is fond of saying). Everyone does it, we just read about the celbs who do cause we all enjoy discovering they are human and have issues like the rest of the world, despite the luxury lifestyles.

MOO, she was drunk, stupid and got big for her britches (as she would say). I do respect that she has come out with a statement apologizing for her behavior to the officer.

Not going to comment further on this one unless she continues to show her arse. Otherwise, I am inclined to say, everyone makes mistakes and let her move on.

I agree, TLC, but I also wish there were some sort of sentiment towards others and not just how it affected the two of them. Perhaps since she wasn't the one driving, maybe she felt it wasn't her place to comment. Considering there are going to be charges for her husband, perhaps making a statement about others being in danger would be admitting to his guilt. Who knows what legal route he will take.

Reese Witherspoon cancels 'Mud' interviews following embarrassing arrest

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...rassing-arrest/?intcmp=features#ixzz2RL9oCQCB

I think at this point she feels like her name is Mud....(pun intended.)
Hopefully she will get past this and some positive interviews will be in her future about do not drink and drive, nor be a passenger with an intoxicated driver. And if she says nothing...well, then she says nothing, but I would think this was a valuable lessoned learned for her, whichever route she takes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back