IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
http://www.bhcso.org/
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Poster in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30

Continue the discussion here:

Please review the rules about discussion or speculation about family members:

Originally Posted by imamaze
Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

fyi: Any rules that are changed in other cases are considered on a case by case basis by administration. The above are the rules to discuss THIS case.

I haven't stayed up to date on this case but I see that posters are looking for more pictures of where the girls were found. I shared these a while back when they were first found but thought I'd repost them in case they help with what everyone is looking for now. They are just different views of the exact location they were found from different angles and different times of the year. I hope they help with the research that's going on now in the case.

50c0f1d060081preview-620_zps2642ba44.jpg

7bridges4_zpsd7f15237.jpg

7bridges3_zps70e21bb1.jpg

7bridges2_zpsbdb1d884.jpg

7bridges-1_zps7d6df815.jpg

According to a new article on KWWL.com, the concert has raised an initial total of $31,100. There is now an auction of band memorbilia.

I don't know if it was posted or not but Dan was granted a furlough to attend Lyric's funeral. It's on his court dockets. My apologies if it's a repeat.

Comments: TRANSPORT - D MORRISSEY (COSTS IN FE190164)
ORDER FOR TRANSPORTATION STAUDT DAVID F 04/12/2013 04/15/2013 04/15/2013
Comments: FURLOUGH GRANTED, BHCS TO TRANSPORT & ACCOMPANY DEFT
OTHER EVENT WALZ BRAD P 04/11/2013 04/11/2013 04/11/2013
Comments: STATES ANSWER TO REQ FOR FURLOUGH

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/

I hope that works if not google "Iowa Courts Online". Dan's most current dockets say Questionnaires in the title.

Jason has court 4/30.

Its been awhile since I last posted, but I do read. Been trying to catch up. I've been reading the different theories that everyone has posted and the one about the kids pouring their juice and looking out the window and see someone they wanted to catch up with brought back a lot of memories for me as a child. I remember taking off out the door anytime we heard or saw the Ice Cream Truck or Van and I have often wondered if Evansdale had some sort of Ice Cream Van that drove around the neighborhoods selling Ice Cream Cones and Frosty Treats in the summer. I remember as a child chasing down the Ice Cream man and every kid on the block would run after it as well.

Now my thoughts about the memorial garden...why don't they have the school kids do a school project and plant perennials from seeds in school to offset the cost of plants and flowers? I know when my sister put in her flower garden in her backyard she paid few thousands of dollars to have a pond put in and paths and lots of different perennials and every year she would have to dig up and divide some of those flowers and give them away because the flowers would get out of control if she didn't. I'm sure there are a lot of people in Evansdale that have flower gardens that they could share and donate the memorial park. It wouldn't hardly cost a dime to do a butterfly garden.

wow the ice cream truck- good thought...any local know if they have that??

and great idea on the gardening- a sharing of what people already have and need thinned out- that would really give it a sense of community, a little of this and that , to make something nice & special

Its been awhile since I last posted, but I do read. Been trying to catch up. I've been reading the different theories that everyone has posted and the one about the kids pouring their juice and looking out the window and see someone they wanted to catch up with brought back a lot of memories for me as a child. I remember taking off out the door anytime we heard or saw the Ice Cream Truck or Van and I have often wondered if Evansdale had some sort of Ice Cream Van that drove around the neighborhoods selling Ice Cream Cones and Frosty Treats in the summer. I remember as a child chasing down the Ice Cream man and every kid on the block would run after it as well.

Now my thoughts about the memorial garden...why don't they have the school kids do a school project and plant perennials from seeds in school to offset the cost of plants and flowers? I know when my sister put in her flower garden in her backyard she paid few thousands of dollars to have a pond put in and paths and lots of different perennials and every year she would have to dig up and divide some of those flowers and give them away because the flowers would get out of control if she didn't. I'm sure there are a lot of people in Evansdale that have flower gardens that they could share and donate the memorial park. It wouldn't hardly cost a dime to do a butterfly garden.

I believe there is a plan for students and scouts to participate in planting bulbs at the memorial each year:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...69240450610.1073741828.396410737133127&type=1

I like your idea of people donating plants and flowers to the memorial.

Personally I think they ought to not be thinking of being dependent on annual projects...I have seen 'memorial plots' what have you, where interest waned as time went by. If they are going to do this, they should concentrate on simplicity and plant material, especially natives, that doesn't require a lot of maintenance. I bet there is a master gardener program through the county extension service that could bring 'em. imho, into reality & guide them in making proper selections. I just hope some landscaping/nursery hasn't got them all hyped up on over doing it. I have been in the biz and it is easy to let projects mushroom...

Planting your own yard is a lot different than planting in public areas.

Well if they knew what kind of plants and flowers they were going to plant on the island they could put up fliers saying what they needed and then people could donate their plants and flowers. Also around here people will even give up trees and beings Drew has a tree service I'm sure if someone had a tree or two that they wanted removed from their yard he could dig the tree out and replant it on the island if it is the sort of tree they are looking for.

Thanks for posting. I posted in the way back machine, a personal story regarding a HS acquaintance of my son-now 32. No one was aware of his tendencies. This kid worked summers selling ice cream to kids and was arrested for molesting kids. Everyone was shocked. Beware anyone that works with children. Sports, Karate, dancing............everything.

Makes me very sad.

If that memorial takes years to complete, there is going to be some very upset residents who live on that lake. I should say more upset than they already are.

If that memorial takes years going to complete, there is going to be some very upset residents who live on that lake. I should say more upset than they already are.

I personally participated in a local fund raiser Sunday for my local "Land Trust" to preserve a historic property. Land Trust. They are very focused on preservation vs development, just saying.................

EVERYTHING must be approved before going forward. :fence:

Wondering about the park meeting last night :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members