984 users online (167 members and 817 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I have two questions, maybe someone here knows:

1) what did the brothers study? Were they techies? Did they have a natural talent that would make them able to build bombs and circuit boards etc from scratch without actual help, only with reading online?

2) almost everybody, especially young people, nowadays has a cell phone or smart phone on them at all times. Did DT have one on him? Did he call or text someone when he was lying injured in the boat for roughly 20 hours or so? I would feel surprised if he didn't. He must have been in pain, hungry, thirsty. Was he just lying there waiting to die? I would rather think he was waiting to gather some strength and make his way in the dark to some friends or so. Did he know Boston was shut down and the area was swarming with 100s or 1000s of police? What was his plan? What was he gonna do without help?

If I would make a guess I'd say there will be more arrests in this case. Someone knew, if not before the attacks but afterwards. And they didn't call police.

Quote Originally Posted by four_seasons View Post
    maybe.....
    or maybe she just want her kids to actually achieve something?
    and bombing a marathon is some kind of achievement they got...i guess....not the good kind but they did put fear in people for a few days...
    I can see that. What greater good than to give up your life for something you are passionate and devote to.

Quote Originally Posted by noodled1 View Post
    I was just addressing the question as to why a woman was a lawyer in Russia would be doing facials in Boston.

She had to do something because practicing law in Boston wasn't going to happen in all likelihood.
    True.....

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    FWIW I spoke earlier today with an old friend who worked for years as an ICU nurse. Asked her "Did you ever, ever hear an entubated person speak?" Her answer: "No, never. They cannot vocalize. But they can shake their head or "mouth" words. But no sound will come out."

So "Bomber #2" may be "communicating" - and I hope he continues to do so - but he is not speaking as long as he's on a respirator.
    Then they probably removed his respirator already.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by four_seasons View Post

i guess she changed too? looking at her old pictures, there were NO HIJAB what so ever.......the black and white family picture, the mug shot, NOTHING. i wonder when did she decide to wear a hijab all of a sudden...
    Yes, I believe both her and her older son become much more religious at about the same time, around 3 years or so ago.
    Just my opinion

I don't think his condition would have been upgraded again if he was still on the respirator.
    Last edited by MsFacetious; 04-23-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Then they probably removed his respirator already.
    I read a blurb somewhere that the respirator tube was removed Sunday night.
    Love is blind...
    Don't fall so in love with your theory you're blind to it's flaws

Quote Originally Posted by noodled1 View Post
    A lawyer in one country does not mean she can be a lawyer in the US.

My wife and I have a good friend who is a lawyer in Lithuania, really smart lady, she practices family type law, wills and such...

Here in the USA she sells her own line of kids clothing online. She said the laws are so different you have to basically start over to practice in California. She still practices law in her home country takes care of old clients she just does it via long distance.
    So true.

Even IF these parents were lawyers back in their home country (wherever that is), doesn't mean they can immigrate to the US & automatically be practicing attorneys here. A licensed, practicing attorney in the US would need to go to school to learn US law, and would need to pass the bar exams in the state in which they intend to be licenced & intend to practice.

Nonetheless, I doubt either of the parents of the terrorists were attorneys in their home country (again, wherever that is). I get the feeling the reason they're spouting that crap is because the uncle - Ruslan - is a practicing attorney here in the US, and they're green with envy that he made a successful life here and they didn't.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    I don't think his condition would have been upgraded again if he was still on the respirator/
    Sounds like his injruies were greatly exaggerated, to say the least.
    From claims he might never be able to talk to him talking already just a few days later.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post

1) what did the brothers study? Were they techies? Did they have a natural talent that would make them able to build bombs and circuit boards etc from scratch without actual help, only with reading online?

2) almost everybody, especially young people, nowadays has a cell phone or smart phone on them at all times. Did DT have one on him? Did he call or text someone when he was lying injured in the boat for roughly 20 hours or so? I would feel surprised if he didn't. He must have been in pain, hungry, thirsty. Was he just lying there waiting to die? I would rather think he was waiting to gather some strength and make his way in the dark to some friends or so. Did he know Boston was shut down and the area was swarming with 100s or 1000s of police? What was his plan? What was he gonna do without help?

If I would make a guess I'd say there will be more arrests in this case. Someone knew, if not before the attacks but afterwards. And they didn't call police.
    I believe DT wanted to be a dentist. If he was only in his freshman year at college,he most likely was just taking basic college courses. As far as ,TT,not sure,but I think he worked on cars so probably was mechanically inclined.

I do believe at least one of them was skilled enough to put together bombs,but what I have heard experts question is ,at how proficient they were at handling them. They find it hard to believe someone's first time making a bomb,and you aren't even slightly nervous walking around with it? My belief is they had practice,and that TT actually trained while in Russia.

Not sure about the cell phone. I'm sure he had one,but wonder if he used it due to being afraid of getting tracked?

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post

1) Older brother was taking engineering classes in some community college. Still not sure about younger one, heard it was biology/medicine/nursing.
    2) If the younger one had a cell phone with him, presumably LE could have tracked him. Since they didn't, I assume he threw the cell phone away/didn't have it with him.
    Last edited by jjenny; 04-23-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Just my opinion

Has KT's attorney said that TT was indeed watching the toddler on the day of the bombing?

an article linked here (don't remember which thread) reported that Tamarlan studied engineering at a community college but did not earn a certificate

At the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Dzhokhar began to struggle academically. According to a university transcript reviewed by The New York Times, he was failing many of his classes. The transcript shows him receiving seven failing grades over three semesters, including F’s in Principles of Modern Chemistry, Intro to American Politics and Chemistry and the Environment. According to the transcript, Dzhokhar received a B in Critical Writing and a D and D-plus in two other courses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us...nted=all&_r=1&
    ~ VICE journalist Tim Pool
    Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gramcracker View Post
    an article linked here (don't remember which thread) reported that Tamarlan studied engineering at a community college but did not earn a certificate

At the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Dzhokhar began to struggle academically. According to a university transcript reviewed by The New York Times, he was failing many of his classes. The transcript shows him receiving seven failing grades over three semesters, including F’s in Principles of Modern Chemistry, Intro to American Politics and Chemistry and the Environment. According to the transcript, Dzhokhar received a B in Critical Writing and a D and D-plus in two other courses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us...nted=all&_r=1&

Does anyone know what tuition costs at UM? Wonder if DT had student loans or who was paying his way?

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Does anyone know what tuition costs at UM? Wonder if DT had student loans or who was paying his way?
    It's a state school so probably not that expensive. His grades were very poor. If he had a scholarship then he was going to lose it.
    Just my opinion

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast