1521 users online (289 members and 1232 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    It's a state school so probably not that expensive. His grades were very poor. If he had a scholarship then he was going to lose it.
    Just did a look up. $24,000 to 31,000 per year.

ETA: approx $700 per credit hour! Holy cow!

Quote Originally Posted by four_seasons View Post
    Official: Suspect says Iraq, Afghanistan drove Boston bombings
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/23/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t2

So they were self starters that watched online videos and came up with this plot on their own?

Actually I do believe that. If they had experienced people mentoring them they would not have gotten caught that quickly. As another poster (sorry I forgot who) pointed out younger brother with the backward baseball cap was basically saying "Yo, I am here" in the marathon footage.

It also explains why initially the FBI had no clue who these guys might be.

(Having said that someone did mentor them when they got started in the whole "Jihad sacrifice yourself for Islam" thing, that doesn't come from watching youtube videos).

Quote Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
    To say something of this sort right now....or ever...just goes to show how some people couldn't buy a clue if they tried.
    I think she already has a clue and I think she is hoping this creates some kind of question about the US Gov... we see some are already claiming also it was a setup. I hope these people are not allowed into the US....something just seems wrong about them. It looks like there is already ample evidence her sons committed the bombings, murders, plus a confession and more coming. She's being arrogant and hopes she can get followers. Dangerous.

Our laws say it is the wife's choice on burying him. Mom is fanning flames on purpose knowing that burying him in Boston would be very difficult for many ... and what exactly would happen now if the wife goes against their wishes one way or the other.

but the black and white picture of the family when TT was a baby was taken in their homeland too and she looked like she's a rock star of some sort.....
    (someone please post the picture or link)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alization.html

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gramcracker View Post
    the transformation is complete: she's now the observant mother of religious martyrs

12:11AM BST 23 Apr 2013

Speaking in her first interview with British media, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, 46, said she was proud of her sons Tamerlan and Dzhokhar – whose father is a Chechen - and did not believe they were guilty of the devastating attack, which killed three people and wounded more than 170 on April 15.

Mrs Tarnaev, an ethnic Avar from the Russian republic of Dagestan, met The Daily Telegraph in its capital Makhachkala, a shabby town on the Caspian coast, alongside her husband Anzor, the young men's Chechen father. She said her son Tamerlan had never contemplated violence.

Mr Tsarnaev, 47, an intense man with cropped silver hair said that he had "thousands of questions" about the fate of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar, and that he and his wife planned to travel to the United States this week to "save" his younger son.

Mr Tsarnaev said he and his wife planned to bury Tamerlan with Muslim rites at a cemetery in Boston, or nearby.

"Tamerlan was a convenient person to hang this on because they'd already been monitoring him, and Dzhokhar just got dragged into it by chance," she said. "It's a big show, a spectacle. Americans love a show."

Mrs Tsarnaeva told The Daily Telegraph that she and her elder son had begun to explore their Muslim heritage together in mid-2011.

Asked for her thoughts on her surviving son, Dzhokhar, Mrs Tarnaeva added: "This is my pain. These are the children whom I brought up with dignity and whom I carried in my arms. And I am proud of what they are, and of what Dzhokhar is, because I believe they are innocent. I am not ashamed and I am ready to shout that to the whole world."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-innocent.html
    Color me naive & stoopid, but I can't help but suspect that Zubeidat Tsarnaeva is proud of her terrorist sons' actions.

She claims that she's "proud of what they are". Her sons have been denounced as terrorists. Her surviving terrorist son has been charged with federal crimes - yet she proclaims her pride in them.

She's attempts to couch her statements in her claims of their alleged innocence, but when her comments are read in context, it appears that she's proud of their actions & is not ashamed that her terrorist sons' actions took the lives of innocent people, including an 8 year old little boy, in a most horrific manner.

Notably, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva has yet to express sorrow for the victims of her son's murderous actions.

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva: "I am not ashamed and I am ready to shout that to the whole world."

She is not ashamed. That right there says it all, people.

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva is not ashamed of her terrorist sons' actions.

IMO, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva is one cold-hearted b***h.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Thanks jjenny and hockeymom! Looks like TT was the more likely bomb builder. Did they manage to lift any fingerprints from the bombs, does anyone know? Or are they destroyed in a blast like that?

Makes sense that they didn't take their phones with them or had them switched off.

I wonder what their plan was on Thursday night after stealing the car and loading it with bombs, guns, grenades, etc. Where did they plan to go? Did they plan another major attack that night/next morning? But where? A night club perhaps? (I know there is speculation they planned another attack in NY, but it's not confirmed.) I don't think they anticipated being chased and killed/apprehended quite so soon. So where were they going? What is in Watertown or beyond that could make target?

don't think that's what the mother is doing though. They skipped rent didn't they?

but seriously, moving from a lawyer to doing facial in the living room is something....
    I don't know that SHE was ever a lawyer. Look how young she was when married, then had 4 children not far apart. If she did that and was a lawyer, good for her!

We know cool Uncle Ruslan is a lawyer here. That is all we know about anyone actually being a lawyer, or even practicing as one.

All else we have is a bunch of messed up, contradictory articles, and the words of a lady prone to histrionics and may have taken a drama class or two, lol.

(I just noticed this new emoticon, , love it.)

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

CNN just announced that Suffolk County DA will not seek charges. ceding all charging authority to feds. fed guidelines provide sufficient penalties. reserving the right to charge later if co-conspirators are found
    ~ VICE journalist Tim Pool
    Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Thanks jjenny and hockeymom! Looks like TT was the more likely bomb builder. Did they manage to lift any fingerprints from the bombs, does anyone know? Or are they destroyed in a blast like that?

Makes sense that they didn't take their phones with them or had them switched off.

I wonder what their plan was on Thursday night after stealing the car and loading it with bombs, guns, grenades, etc. Where did they plan to go? Did they plan another major attack that night/next morning? But where? A night club perhaps? (I know there is speculation they planned another attack in NY, but it's not confirmed.) I don't think they anticipated being chased and killed/apprehended quite so soon. So where were they going? What is in Watertown or beyond that could make target?
    I heard something in the news last night or this am about them planning to go to Manhattan. Maybe they wanted to start small then go BIG!

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Just did a look up. $24,000 to 31,000 per year.

ETA: approx $700 per credit hour! Holy cow!
    That's actually not bad. About the same here for a non-prestige school and area. You'd think any place in Boston could charge more!

I just looked up the UM at Dartmouth tuition and fees. Tuition and mandatory fees add up to $12,281 a year. That doesn't include housing or meal plans. There was some mention that he was living in a dormitory but like everything else about these two, it's hard to pen down. The lowest rate for housing is $6500 a year if indeed that is applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I heard something in the news last night or this am about them planning to go to Manhattan. Maybe they wanted to start small then go BIG!
    Maybe they intended to bomb more marathons?
    Manhattan was having marathons in April too...

Though I doubt they would have had as many people at those.
    Maybe they planned to bomb more and have them blamed on copycats?

Remember when Uncle Ruslan made reference to someone who had been a bad influence, some local guy? Okay, this is a MUST READ article:

BOMB SUSPECT INFLUENCED BY MYSTERIOUS RADICAL
    By ADAM GOLDMAN, ERIC TUCKER and MATT APUZZO
    Apr. 23 5:22 PM EDT
    Associated Press

"WASHINGTON (AP) In the years before the Boston Marathon bombings, Tamerlan Tsarnaev fell under the influence of a new friend, a Muslim convert who steered the religiously apathetic young man toward a strict strain of Islam, family members said.

Under the tutelage of a friend known to the Tsarnaev family only as Misha, Tamerlan gave up boxing and stopped studying music, his family said. He began opposing the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He turned to websites and literature claiming that the CIA was behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and Jews controlled the world."

Much, much more!!!

The more I think about it the more I'm sure they had something planned for Thursday night or the next day. Otherwise why load the car up with so many explosives and guns?

Thank God they were not able to do whatever it was they intended to!

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Remember when Uncle Ruslan made reference to someone who had been a bad influence, some local guy? Okay, this is a MUST READ article:

BOMB SUSPECT INFLUENCED BY MYSTERIOUS RADICAL
    By ADAM GOLDMAN, ERIC TUCKER and MATT APUZZO
    Apr. 23 5:22 PM EDT
    Associated Press

"WASHINGTON (AP) In the years before the Boston Marathon bombings, Tamerlan Tsarnaev fell under the influence of a new friend, a Muslim convert who steered the religiously apathetic young man toward a strict strain of Islam, family members said.

Under the tutelage of a friend known to the Tsarnaev family only as Misha, Tamerlan gave up boxing and stopped studying music, his family said. He began opposing the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He turned to websites and literature claiming that the CIA was behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and Jews controlled the world."

Much, much more!!!
    If this article is accurate I would think they'll be talking to Misha about the deaths of the older brother's 3 Jewish friends.

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast