887 users online (187 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    the mcdonough police department have a picture of the person Huff was believed to be travelling with. The photo is on the 11alive article page. A suspect?

"While authorities have been following up on clues about the woman’s identity, “we really need the public’s help to identify her,” said sheriff’s Lt. Bobby Caruthers.
    The woman’s badly decomposed body was discovered in woods near State Road 44 and Interstate 75 on the morning of April 22.
    Because the area is known to attract transients, local authorities have already traveled to Las Vegas and to Alabama to interview people who may have stayed near the site where the woman’s body was found.
    “It’s just another stone we’ve turned over to eliminate suspects,” Caruthers said."

http://www.sumtercountytimes.com/con...ops-seek-clues

The Sumter police put the case very fast on namus. She was found on April 22 and the namus profile was created on May 01/13. Jane Huff, however, does not even have a missing person profile on namus. And the Sumter police have travelled all the way to Nevada and Alabama to investigate....

"Anyone with information is urged to contact the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office, Criminal Investigations Division at 569-1680 or call Crimeline (800-423-8477) where callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
    Authorities were scheduled to have a press conference Wednesday at the site where the body was found in hopes of generating additional leads".

http://www.sumtercountytimes.com/con...ops-seek-clues

Fin, did you call it in? there is a reward. don't let someone read this and cash in your hard work.

I emailed it to babyslims link at sheriffsoffice@co.henry.ga.us (but that is just a general mailbox)

I also emailed it to khofecker@sumtercountysheriff.org

However, it is Sunday, and I suspect no one will see the email until tomorrow.

Webrocket, If you want to call, you have my blessing, I would be pleased to see the money go to support this website.

I've only called a few in where I felt very strongly about it. my concern was that since there is a reward offered out there, any stranger reading this site could have called in Jane Huff already and if it is her, claim money that could have gone to you.

there have been a few cases with rewards where I have submitted a possible match to LE, then after receiving acknowledgement that they got the tip, then I've posted it here on WS. I've never gotten any reward money on any case but you never know and I'd hate to lose the opportunity on such a case.

It is interesting to note that the FL investigators have been to Alabama to investigate. The person thought to be travelling with Jane Huff (identified in the 11alive news article) has an address listed in Alabama. He also has three different mugshots online.
    Last edited by Fin; 05-05-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Awesome job fin

Any updates today? What a great match!
    FWIW, the victim's shirt is described as "3X". I'm pretty sure that people who are 160-170 lbs do not wear size 3X. I think the decedent was heavier, like Jane Huff.

I received an email back from the SO in FL stating that they had passed my information on to the case agent. I have received no reply from the SO in GA.

Any updates??

I did hear back from the SO in GA on Friday of last week, just saying they will forward the email to the McDonough Police Dept.

There are some changes to the Namus UID profile which just occurred:
    age change: 50-70 years of age
    height change: 5'4 to 5'9
    The autopsy revealed the female was the victim of a homicide
    **the identity of the victim is still unknown**
    hair: Long curly or wavy auburn or brunette hair
    pony-tail with a red cloth band
    underwear description was removed.
    floral design blouse was changed to patterned blouse.
    wore prescription glasses, possibly red or pink framed.
    missing all of her bottom teeth, could have had dentures.
    gray JERSEY brand jogging pants
    "jail tattoo" info removed.

She did have severe arthritis in her back and her right elbow
    She had prior multiple rib fractures on her left side

Anyone with information about this subject should contact Sumter County Sheriff Office Detective Darren Norris at 352-569-1617, dnorris@sumtercountysheriff.org Detective Derek Pike at 352-569-1614, email: dpike@sumtercountysheriff.

cause of death still not identified in namus.

I am starting to think this is not Jane Huff.
    especially if they add to namus in the update that the identity of the victim is still unknown.

As the thread starter, can I edit the thread title to change the age from 25-55 to 50-70 If so, How do I do that?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast