PA PA - Melissa Rodriguez, 30, Collingdale, 19 April 2013

Cagle

Reaction score
Collingdale Police are asking for the public’s help in locating missing woman Melissa Rodriguez.

Police say her husband, Jose Rodriguez, last spoke to her on Friday, April 19th.

According to her husband, Rodriguez told him she was heading to Newark, N.J. to stay with friends for the weekend.

After not hearing from her all weekend, her husband sent her a text message on Monday, April 22nd with no response. Her husband says he received a call from their children’s school on Monday advising him that she never picked them up. He also says that she was to start a new job and never showed up.

Rodriguez is described as a Hispanic female, 5’5”, 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a yellow flowered dress and glasses.

Police say Rodriguez made contact with her friends in Newark on April 19th around 12 p.m., and she said that she would be staying at their house for the weekend. Her friends say they were expecting a phone call from her around 3 p.m. on April 20th to pick her up, but they never heard from her.

Rodriguez’s vehicle is parked at her residence in Collingdale.

Police say they spoke to family members, friends and work associates and they all have not seen or spoken to her since last week.

Anyone with information is asked to contact either the Collingdale Police at 610-586-0502 or Delaware County CID at 610-891-4700.

Very very odd. Her car was at home - how was she supposed to be getting to Newark (or to the transportation that would take her there)?

11897_154106701426922_1696753889_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MISSING-Melissa-Rodriguez-MISSING/154104868093772?hc_location=stream

Mom Goes Missing After Leaving to Visit Friends

Police in two states are searching for a woman who went missing after she left to visit her friends.

"I ended up taking the kids to school on Monday," said Rodriguez, who also admitted he and his wife are in the process of separating. "She was going to pick them up and she didn't pick them up

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...After-Leaving-to-Visit-Friends-204585321.html

Sigh. Another mom missing and seperated from her husband. Not saying he has anything to do with her disappearance but we are seeing this scenario more and more.

This doesn't sound good . . . I hope this doesn't have the usual tragic outcome.:please:

Absolute minimal eye contact, the stress head rubbing, the "trying to be confident" gait. Does not look good :(

I hope they checked the trunk of both cars.

THOROUGHLY... dogs... etc.

i dont think she would willingly stay away from her girls or have zero contact with ANYONE for this long. something has to be really wrong here.

video also says that LE was checking into whether or not she purchased an amtrak pass and actually made it onto the train. i wonder how far away from the train she lives?

he didn't report her missing until tuesday, even tho he got word that she didn't pick up their girls from school on monday... but according to the video "he didnt want to talk about that" (the not reporting till Tuesday)

also - he said the last time she was seen was Friday... what time? who saw her? one article i read (same link) said she told him over the phone that she was going to stay with her friends for the weekend. "On Friday, Rodriguez says his wife told him over the phone that she was heading to Newark, N.J. to stay with friends." but who actually SAW her last??

video link again: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...After-Leaving-to-Visit-Friends-204585321.html

If she took public transportation the whole way, she would be on camera several times. Bus from Collingdale to Philly, then Amtrak to Newark?

It would be helpful to know how she got to Newark on previous visits.

mods... is it ok if i post a link to the zillow posting for their home? i got the address from a news video. just want to be sure :) thank you!

Snipped from mikkismom's link above:

Police also say she never showed up to her new job which she was supposed to start on Monday.

Police contacted the friends in Newark who Melissa was supposed to meet up with. The friends told police they spoke to Melissa on Thursday around noon. Melissa told them she would be staying at their house for the weekend. The friends expected another phone call on Friday around 3 p.m. but they never heard from her.

ok, even tho LE said there was no video of her on a train and there was no evidence that she purchased a ticket... i went ahead and looked up the nearest amtrak stations to her home and these were the 3 closest:

1. Philadelphia, PA - 30th Street Station (PHL)
Station Building (with waiting room)

2955 Market Street
30th Street Station
Philadelphia, PA 19104

This one is 22 minutes (7-11 miles) away.

2. Ardmore, PA (ARD)

Station Road and Lancaster Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003

This one is 26ish minutes (9-11 miles) away.

3.Philadelphia, PA - North Philadelphia (PHN)

2900 North Broad Street
Broad St. and Glenwood Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19132

This one is over 30 minutes (11-16 miles) away.

Would she have walked there? Probably not, if it could take anywhere from 22-30+ minutes DRIVING.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back